Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

Ah Myke you give me too much credit, the real exciting (aside from much earlier in the project showcasing) has yet to begin.

why dont u ask LordJarhead for his JSRS ah64 sounds they sound realy great.

I already agreed to use RH's sound early in and requested him to get me a few things, it would be awfully rude to just up and use someone elses. I'll listen to the sounds though and maybe if need be we could have a combination (provided both parties are good with that)

Hmm...need to start looking into pilots too...can't have apache pilots without proper helmets..

Edited by NodUnit

I follow this topic for a long time now. And everytime I read your news about this beautifull aircraft, my chin is dropping to the desk... (Starting to hurt really bad... ;))

Love the animation of the Rotorblades. I was searching in this topic about something and found this comment:

We don't use the blur model at all - only the static model. The coning is being done because the blades have a working flap axis. The sagging is controlled through a different animation.

I encountered some problems with SmileyNicks Chinook, which used the normal animated, detailed rotorblades too. It worked perfectly fine on a single machine, but there was a lot of server Desinc which led to a server crash. Maybe caused by bad scripts or the engine couldnt handle it. I really hope your variant isnt creating any problems. Would be lovely to have that much detail :).

At times Franze likes to add some jokery to addons or testing, one of the features of our apache since OFP has been the emergency rescue option, which is present in the testbed..oh Franze you and your wacky humor. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma2%20and%20Operation%20Arrowhead/backseat.jpg?t=1303203864

I really hope you will include that emergency recovery feature with your Apache. Read about that procedere used by UK Army Corps in A'stan in two books about the apache. There are special straps to strap guys to the handles near the canopy. Would be really handy feature. :cool:

Thank you so much for your work on that beauty. Cant wait :D.

Best regards

MAG

The lag problems you saw were part of script localization - animation commands were being run on all clients and so the network was swarmed with these commands coming from everyone when the commands should only come from whoever the vehicle is local to. That being said, we'll either have some commands to disable the functions or separate versions just in case they present a greater problem than we anticipate. I encountered the problem on my Su-17 as well and I believe I fixed it, but I haven't had a dedicated server capable of running ArmA2 to test it through a dedicated server - much less the time to do so.

The recovery feature is still coming along, I just need to make fresh static animations for the guys sitting on the outside.

I really hope you will include that emergency recovery feature with your Apache. Read about that procedere used by UK Army Corps in A'stan in two books about the apache. There are special straps to strap guys to the handles near the canopy. Would be really handy feature. :cool:

x6qHcd4imKk

I requested something like this a while back after seeing your issues with the pilots seat memory points (??) well I got laughed out of that thread saying it would never happen and it shouldn't be implemented, so I thank you nod for having the common sense to add it to your baby. :)

;1998543']I requested something like this a while back after seeing your issues with the pilots seat memory points (??) well I got laughed out of that thread saying it would never happen and it shouldn't be implemented' date=' so I thank you nod for having the common sense to add it to your baby. :)[/quote']

We've had the 'recovery feature' since the version we made for FP 6 years ago. There's not much to it and it's very easy to add.

Well its nice to have like minded people, facepalm to who ever said it shouldn't be done lol

And I'm sorry credit also go's to you Franze... :)

Found the culprit and here is his reasoning.

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

It's not exactly a comfortable experience, as this account from 2004 talks about feeling like his face was going to be ripped off, but as opposed to getting shot it's probably preferable. One side note though, while carrying personnel on the FAB/EFABs, you will not be able to use wing mounted weapons or the back blast will injure/kill the guys on the side.

Nice find Franze!! Yeah I should think its a frightening experiance, depends what speeds the pilots are idling at to get the personnel to their destination, I for one would like to do it, just think of it as a roller coaster or something :D

Good idea with disabling the wing mounted weapons aswell.

Here's a funny story, I was playing with a friend back in the old OFP times, (I believe we were using FFUR at the time) he was flying a hind and I our apache. He was asking questions about the bird and I answered, when it came down the emergency rescue feature he just laughed, "How often do you think that would come in handy?" he mused as he flew far ahead.

As we closed in on our target it appeared a soldier with manpads got to the edge of the island before we could begin our approach through land, the missile struck his helicopter. He bailed over the sea, now stranded in the ocean a great distance from the island.

it was at that moment that irony struck to bite him on the rear when I carefully slid my landing gear into the water and told him to get on the bird, we then flew back to base, a wide grin on my face. It may not be a feature often used, but that instance alone made it worth having.

Edited by NodUnit

Haha, nice story nod...... bet that wiped the smile of his face. :cool:

So that you folks know that I'm not around to tell Nodunit "no, no, NO" all the time, some stuff on my end:

Cargo animations, left and right sides - thing about these positions is in addition to the fact that if the crew gets trigger happy, they will get injured or killed from wing mounted weapon fire. The M230 is far enough forward that it can still be used though. The other downside is these guys get to be organic armor plating if someone decides to shoot at the aircraft.

cargoanim1.jpg

cargoanim2.jpg

The other thing is graphics, recoil from the M230 with shell casings and smoke. I just incorporated a burst mechanism the other night so using the cannon takes a little more finesse than just holding down the trigger til it's dead. Burst options will be 10, 20, 50, or 100 rounds, with each successive burst taking more time to cool off. If you're good with the trigger you can avoid hitting the burst limit.

gunsmoke1.jpg

I take it that the troops in the cargo position cannot fire? :)

Nope, they're too busy holding on to a strap (built by the lowest bidder) connecting them to a handle (built by the lowest bidder) while going at ~150kts.

Nope, they're too busy holding on to a strap (built by the lowest bidder) connecting them to a handle (built by the lowest bidder) while going at ~150kts.

I lol'd because it's true.

Same here, glad you all like it. Other paint schemes to be worked on include the AH-64JP http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4830003763_fe91855168_o.jpg the grey scheme, http://www.fpkclub.com/References/Helis/3476_grey_apache_5.jpg the original Resistance camo in OFP's release, and one really unique painted by the RNAF http://www.aimhigh.nl/galleries/2011-05-AH64demo/photos/20.jpg It's also the first time the AH-64 has ever had a glossy coating.

I'm hoping to in future once the official stuff is done, to include a few fictional schemes such as http://www.scale-rotors.com/files/gallery/1/AH-64A-Apache-Revell-33.JPG , http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/3906/ah64apache16sqd.jpg and probably some "Aggresor" like this just for the heck of it. http://www.patricksaviation.com/files/photos/full/22752_17085.jpg

Once it's all said and done and better organized, I'll release the psd files so anyone do what they want, my goal is to keep all shading as overlays instead of having any color so that you guys won't have to worry about using the lots of color and screen layers to effect anything, be it weather the bird more or add a paint scheme of your own or just do what you think improves it.

If your bussy making paint schemes.. please at the RNAF demo paint scheme ;)

ZMcUAu_WQo8

h2AiyZrKrjo

I have been looking at this topic for a long time now. But never responded. So i want to say keep up the good work. I love the detail you put in it. And i admire the time you put in this also.. even without HAWK paint scheme for the Dutch Apache ;)

Edited by Winchester Delta_1

Usually true, but Ed Macy's account of the Apache rescue attempt using the British AH Mk1 does mention the Royal Marines strapped to the sides of his Apache firing their weapons.

Usually true, but Ed Macy's account of the Apache rescue attempt using the British AH Mk1 does mention the Royal Marines strapped to the sides of his Apache firing their weapons.

Probably true, but Arma does not have native support for such a function, and I highly doubt that they have an interest in surmounting the obstacles they would face in order to add this.

Abs