Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

Yes! that seems to have done the trick, thank you very much!

Edited by NodUnit

I'm thinking of approaching Franze with the idea of releasing the simple version first and then the complex version later, either way here is an early peak at, remember it's only at the stencil/color phase so no shading or texture detailing. Can't wait to get to the rivets.

Hm..apparently things are much more green on the other monitor..

textest1.jpg?t=1310134379

Edited by NodUnit

I maybe too late to the party but I have a question

Why?

We already have AH64D - what this AH64D will bring to the table that BIS' one didn't?

I maybe too late to the party but I have a question

Why?

We already have AH64D - what this AH64D will bring to the table that BIS' one didn't?

NodUnit is working on this 3-4 years and he want all his Apaches with maximum accurate and fully working in ArmA 2 engine :cool:

Edited by RobertHammer

AH-64D's of all nations in full authenticity

User controlled rotor system (Blades move with cyclic and collective input)

Extended Dynamic Arming, swap loadout to nothing, mix hellfires, rockets and fuel tanks plus rocket zones to allow different rockets to be loaded into one pod. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21qJaHzxAQc&feature=related

Pylons pivot thus allowing more uses for rockets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEfbqUlCUyE

Hellfire firemodes with variations in arc, no more need to be concerned about your missiles hitting the ground while tracking.

Highly responsive and agile flight model (though the D will likely be a bit less agile than A). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygxhbr4IutE&feature=related

Pilot controlled M230, if the gunner dies or wants to do something else the pilot can take over the gunz

Pilot controlled PNVS both visually and functionally (gunner only controls M230 unlike the default which moves both..it shouldn't) get a new view from the nose of the helicopter.

Switchable MPD screens with flight, target, system data and more.

Extended Damage System, lose functions and controls as you take damage, if the aircraft frame suffers damage control may become more and more difficult or completely lost, there will be TWO engines with their own 'health' rather than two engines sharing one, so if one is taken out you can still limp away. Hydraulics can be damaged, radar, weaponry including M230, visual sensors (fly blind) and so on.

There is much more that we intend to explore but until we have anything more concrete I can't say other than what we have already tried, also this all comes in the one package.

@Robert: Give or take, the biggest problem was polycount for the longest, then it was loss of interest, tweaking the model every now and then. It wasn't until Franze showed me stuff on his Su-17 and started talking about things that got my psyched and back into the project.

Edited by NodUnit

Hmm sounds interesting and like something worthy of going into AA3 considering that it doesn't look like BIS will be using much of a modern US army and in case they will implement proper chopper physics.

Door closed

- Check

Windows closed

- Check

Music volume to max

- Check

pre-orgasm checklist done, launching orgasm in

:hyper:

Really, really looking forward to your baby NodUnit (& Franze!). Do you guys plan to import it into the TOH Community preview ?

Edited by Macadam Cow

Ah yes the closed doors and loud music..more obvious than a DO NOT DISTURB sign yet less effective at deterring those awkward moments for some reason.

After a biiig gap in the day I was finally able to sit back down...

Again still only at painting phase so no rivets or depth and so on. I think I'm really starting to like this stage :D

C-1.jpg?t=1310190732

reverse engine door hur hur

I'm not sure what you mean when you say import it into the preview though, as in with functions? If so I wasn't aware that could be done yet (sealed PBO's locking secrets and whatnot) but I can't say the RTT hasn't been whispering in my ear.

Edited by NodUnit

AH-64D's of all nations in full authenticity

Does this mean that we'll see improved flight performance with the British version?

Does this mean that we'll see improved flight performance with the British version?

There may be very minor handling differences between the WAH-64 and the AH-64D, the WAH-64 will probably be able to get to a higher top speed but there will not be a huge gap in performance between the two. The largest differences will be reflected in areas such as weapons and electronics.

There may be very minor handling differences between the WAH-64 and the AH-64D, the WAH-64 will probably be able to get to a higher top speed but there will not be a huge gap in performance between the two. The largest differences will be reflected in areas such as weapons and electronics.

What exacly is the performance gap between the AH-46 and the WAH-64?

I don't suspect it is enough to try and simulate ingame.

Anyway, It looks very nice NodUnit. :)

What exacly is the performance gap between the AH-46 and the WAH-64?

I don't suspect it is enough to try and simulate ingame.

Anyway, It looks very nice NodUnit. :)

The WAH-64's Rolls Royce engines produce a combined output of 4200shp, versus the combined output of 3780shp for the GE T700-701C found on current AH-64D Block IIs. Block III will make use of the -701D which offers 2000shp per engine. This is mostly reflected in performance at altitude which we can't control (max ceiling is hard coded for all helicopters last I checked), but it may affect maximum speed somewhat which we can tweak a bit.

I think you could also make the wah-64 slightly lighter if you wanted to make it slightly more sprightly.

very impressive work you guys :) I hope at some point you will consider it making TakOH compatible :) So I can flip all them switches.

Again I want to thank you for your work on this project. Finally my proper AH-64 fix. If I could melt your work down and inject it into my veins I would.

Ah yes the closed doors and loud music..more obvious than a DO NOT DISTURB sign yet less effective at deterring those awkward moments for some reason.

:icon_ohmygod: I knew I forgot something. I'll definitely need a couple of those signs for the release of your bird :p

I'm not sure what you mean when you say import it into the preview though, as in with functions? If so I wasn't aware that could be done yet (sealed PBO's locking secrets and whatnot) but I can't say the RTT hasn't been whispering in my ear.

Well I guess I'm a bit confused. I thought RoyaltyInExile said the Community Preview would be open to modders. But yeah basically I was asking if there were any plans to make it compatible with TOH.

Keep up the good work :)

Good enough for me! Interestingly, the WAH-64s routinely carry their Longbows in Afghan because they can afford the reduced performance because of their increased engine power.

Good enough for me! Interestingly, the WAH-64s routinely carry their Longbows in Afghan because they can afford the reduced performance because of their increased engine power.

As I understand it, the US Army doesn't use the Longbow radar much in Afghanistan due to limited usefulness. I've read that WAH-64 crews like it for terrain mapping capability.

Keep in mind that the US Army crews are used to using TADS and PNVS since a lot of them were trained on AH-64As rather than Ds. Ditching the radar for longer loiter time or more weapons load makes sense in the context of the conflict in Afghanistan.

Hey Nod!

I cant believe it!

We really seem to have the same love for details!

I simply love the MFD layout, wouldnt have done it different!

After seeing all this stunning love for detail i am completely convinced that you and Franze will introduce a new level of realism regarding both visuals and game mechanics to arma.

I also have the RtT from the TOH:CP sitting on my shoulder and whispering me awesome things in my ear ;)

May all your awesome ideas come true!

Dang you're quick to notice. Still working out how and what ways to have the overlays etc on the pages, my hopes are that in the end it will look something like this http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Model%20work/AH-64D/Work%20In%20Progress/r3.jpg?t=1301518019 and move like this

I have every bit of faith Franze can do it.

Needs more tweakage. If you hadn't, check page 2 for more concepts, WPN pages, FUEL, TSD, etc

Edited by NodUnit

Look's nice.

Someone should start a ticket to get this to be the permanent ACE AH64, the BIS one is terrible IMO.