Sign in to follow this  
aspire

New recoil, please make it go away

lol Mosh, I was just messin with ya. I'm bored. Actually, I played the game lots today and I didn't notice anything new about the recoil changes, but yeah, in general some of the guns kick pretty hard, but that's okay, because I already ordered an Acme "Ridda-Recoil" mouse shoulder stock attachment from newegg. It arrives in 2 days. Once I have that baby mounted onto my mouse, no amount of heavy recoil will ruin my day.

Edited by A-SUICIDAL

If you're getting bum rushed by multiple enemies and the only way out is to go Rambo, then you've done something wrong and deserve to get fragged.

For example you might be playing the "you are being hunted by multiple enemies" challenge in the armory, I guess doing that is wrong :j:

That said I'm not against recoil, it requires more skill but it's a skill that can be learned. There's a question of calibrating the amount of recoil.

If the AI's are able to shoot multiple rounds accurately at 1km from a standing position then there is a problem with the AI's and the fix should be to correct the broken AI behavior, not try to make the human players more like the AI's flaws.

Edited by Polar Bear

I my self have used the c9(m249) AUG and mag58(m240) and they have nothing like the "realistic" recoil that has been added in the new patch, I my self are getting sicking of rolling the mouse down so much when i'm firing.

For all you ppl who think this it is realistic check out this video of just civis shooting the c9 (m249) standing and show me where all this recoil is that makes the barrel end up gazing at the stars? As like it does with in a burst of 10 rounds from a 7.5kg weapon only firing 5.56mm rounds with the new patch.

aka the c9

-1 for the new recoil

For those that against the new recoil... what do you propose then? Revert back to the old one? Where for every shot fired, the sights reallign perfectly to where you were aiming, or another method? Because the old one for me is a no go. I like the new one

It's not hard to get used to, you just have to re aim after every shot. I still find myself wrestling the weapon in CQB, that's what needs to be helped.there needs to be more dynamic recoil while moving, as the current one seems to be an animation

I mean, its realistic and all but, it just makes the game less fun to play as you die everytime you encounter more than 1 or 2 enemys because you cant aim properly.

I've been playing with it since the first OA betas where it was much much more heavier and had no problem putting down packs of enemies provided I was playing with greater care than it was before recoil which is good.

So the only solution: train

The new recoil is great and is another thing that drives crappy rambo players away. One of the best design solutions in OA so far.

Edited by metalcraze

how about a simple hotfix or something so that when you fire your weapon that it at least lands back down to round about where you had it before your shot. And if they plan to continue to use this new recoil at least have either the aiming dot in the cross hair moving or just the rifle not both as they have at the moment

Crosshair points to where the weapon barrel is pointing so what you suggest is impossible with this engine.

If the AI's are able to shoot multiple rounds accurately at 1km from a standing position then there is a problem with the AI's and the fix should be to correct the broken AI behavior, not try to make the human players more like the AI's flaws.

Oh please - the AI's are not able to shoot multiple rounds accurately at 1km even with 1.00 precision and the new recoil affects AI also. If you get capped easily that's only your fault.

Just learn to play the damn game. I and people I play with have no trouble surviving for hours and we play at Expert without all those crappy crosshairs stuck in the dead center of the screen.

Edited by metalcraze

I my self have used the c9(m249) AUG and mag58(m240) and they have nothing like the "realistic" recoil that has been added in the new patch, I my self are getting sicking of rolling the mouse down so much when i'm firing.

For all you ppl who think this it is realistic check out this video of just civis shooting the c9 (m249) standing and show me where all this recoil is that makes the barrel end up gazing at the stars? As like it does with in a burst of 10 rounds from a 7.5kg weapon only firing 5.56mm rounds with the new patch.

aka the c9

-1 for the new recoil

As noted above, something is wrong with the L110A1 (C9 is Canadian Minimi). It does not behave the same as the near identical OA M249, and even less so than the Arma2 M249 (which is the same as pictured in the video). Note that the Para versions weigh less and have shorter barrels, so they should have somewhat more recoil than the standard M249, but there is no explanation for the difference between the Brit and US Para Minimis in the game.

Also interesting to note that there are several shooters in that video and you can see significant differences in the amount of barrel movement amongst them. Apparently the gun doesn't do it all for you. Anyways, shooting like that is perfectly possible with the M249 in Arma2.

I don't like lifting my mouse every few shots. Feels weird.

edit before I get flamed: Forgot to had that I only play single-player, and I know it doesn't take strenuous effort to move a mouse;)

Edited by Sick1

There are 2 rifles in a crate, one has a lot of recoil the other has very low recoil, both shoot the same ammo and do the same damage. Which one are you going to grab? Are you going to grab the one that's labeled "Will keep you alive" or are you going to grab the rifle that is labeled "Will get you killed fast" ?

I think the new recoil is perfectly fine. It takes some getting used to, but is totally manageable and really adds to the game.

Please check if you run any recoil or weapon mods before discussiing the new recoil as it is now that the new system combined with old mods causes problems ending in exegerated recoils that do not reflect the changes made.

Another suggestion for players that feel to "die" to fast now...JUST REDUCE A.I. ACCURACCY to something like 0.33...that will make them miss in 66% of fired shots, reflecting real combat fired round to kill ratio much better.

I like the idea of BIS giving the option on the current Recoil. Allow the player to decide (especially when playing SP) if they want the the new Recoil specs...or if they want it turned off...and kept as is.

BIS just needs to add "Recoil strength" difficulty setting and whole problem is solved. And so say all of us...

BIS just needs to add "Recoil strength" difficulty setting and whole problem is solved. And so say all of us...

Yeah. Like the headbob & floating zone settings :thumb:

I liked it.

Just add a rest weapon feature (someone said thats in the pipes by BIS) and learn how to shoot again.

That would be set server, not clientside without any doubt...and then?

There are 2 rifles in a crate, one has a lot of recoil the other has very low recoil, both shoot the same ammo and do the same damage. Which one are you going to grab? Are you going to grab the one that's labeled "Will keep you alive" or are you going to grab the rifle that is labeled "Will get you killed fast" ?

I take the second gun outta the crate, get me a good positon, lay down and get the work done ;)

That would be set server, not clientside without any doubt...and then?

Then everyone would get unhappy because the gun behavior changes with what server we're on. And if it's adjustable per client, it's not hard to see what will happen on PvP. No, it needs to stay enforced.

Afaik they're already looking into the possibility of weapon rests. If this becomes only for weapons with a bipod (ala ACE deploy bipod) or ability to rest any weapon on any surface (ala ACE weapon rest system) remains to be seen.

But currently you have to reaim your weapon for long distance shooting, and this takes a while. It can be countered by "working your gun" (mouse dragging), but becomes unreliable if you try to shoot "too fast".

Auto-back to near position might be a "solution to this problem" (which I'm not really seeing, but...), but I think it would become even less attractive as fast shooting would become completely impossible as you had to wait for the gun to center back to wherever it was going and then you'd start the re-aiming process. Personally I think I'd prefer the current solution; you get to shoot fast if you want to, but you have to work for it.

For CQB, bring a suitable weapon. I find nearly no climbing tendency at all for M4s or MP5s. For those getting 15 feet climb at 200 meters; get rid of addons making matters worse and/or have your systems checked - this doesn't happen for normal weapons and your statement is grossly exaggerated.

Then everyone would get unhappy because the gun behavior changes with what server we're on. And if it's adjustable per client, it's not hard to see what will happen on PvP. No, it needs to stay enforced.

Afaik they're already looking into the possibility of weapon rests. If this becomes only for weapons with a bipod (ala ACE deploy bipod) or ability to rest any weapon on any surface (ala ACE weapon rest system) remains to be seen.

But currently you have to reaim your weapon for long distance shooting, and this takes a while. It can be countered by "working your gun" (mouse dragging), but becomes unreliable if you try to shoot "too fast".

Personally I think I'd prefer the current solution; you get to shoot fast if you want to, but you have to work for it.

For CQB, bring a suitable weapon. I find nearly no climbing tendency at all for M4s or MP5s. For those getting 15 feet climb at 200 meters; get rid of addons making matters worse and/or have your systems checked - this doesn't happen for normal weapons and your statement is grossly exaggerated.

+100 for clear thinking.

like the current recoil a lot. and really hope BIS get the weapon resting done. one of the best features in ACE2 and would be awesome to have in pure OA.

oh, and more aimprecision please BIS. Like Protegemus (sp) awesome mod.

Edited by twisted

I like the first recoil system better because that is how it is. If you have a good firing stance and grip the pistolgrip tightly with your right hand and hold on to the handguard lightly with your left hand when you fire, the weapon will automatically "glide" back in your left hand after recoil to a default position after each shoot, this is realistic. The weapon will not magicly spring 5cm up in the air like now.

Much of my basic military training (the first three months) range firing practice was to learn to take a good firing position and learn to know where this default weapon place and recoil place will be if you quickly bring up your weapon to sighted, a natural feel.

Also how "realistic" is it that when recoil hits your whole arms and hands automatically raise them self 5 cm every shoot like in the beta version? I for one don't jap my arms up after each shoot i fire, do you guys do that?

You can't deny that a good amount of players want a option to use the old recoil. It just doesn't feel natural during single payer action to (me) to lift the mouse. I promise I won't be upset if it stays this way, but why not satisfy all the players. Will it hurt you if BIS incorporated a way that will not effect multilayer? I'm not asking if it's possible, so don't argue this. I have a feeling that people are just jumping on the bandwagon and are not considering other users want's. Is this game all about multiplayer? If so, then why is there such a want for single player content. I would like to know what single player folks think about his. Take in mind that I respect all users input on this.

Edited by Sick1

for single player, an addon that would bring it to prior values would suffice i guess.

Now if we could get recoil in more of the vehicles main guns as well.

Shooting closeby will shake the optics as you get the "grenade shake", but firing long distance and the optics are completely still.

Recoil shake in the optics on all vehicles please. :)

And yes, i like the on topic recoil as well.