Sign in to follow this  
aspire

New recoil, please make it go away

I Really like the new recoil, it has a much meatier feel to it that actually makes it feel like I'm shooting a gun and not just attacking the enemy with a chunky stapler

If he doesn't "do betas", doesn't that mean he's stuck with stuck AIs? I'd say that's a pretty bad situation. The stuck AI fix that came with the beta I suspect would be so important I can't entirely figure out why they're going with a new "round" of betas with new features, without getting the really nasty bugs properly fixed in a patch update. Full patch cycle isn't exactly short :p If I had a principle of not "doing betas", I think I would leave the game if AI was left broken for so long.

If such update exist, then disregard :)

yep, exactly...and a very good point too. I cant understand just as you said, why BIS would wait so long to release an official patch fix for the stuck AI and an option for the debated recoil issue. They SHOULD but DONT. But then BIS has always made off beat business decisions since they came upon the scene...its just their way of doing business but that doesnt make it right. I think they owe 99% of their success to 3rd party modders and mission makers who are the ones who really bring the most effort and improvements to this game in the first place.

I and many others have stuck around from the very beginning since 2001 but there are also MANY hundreds (or more) who have jumped ship little by little over the years due to losing patience with the BIS road map and patches that never really seem to improve things too much (at least thats what the feedback says). The process is so slow and often times not what was expected that folks just give up after awhile I guess.

The vast majority of game users don't use beta patches and in fact arent even aware of them or could care less about having to spend the time in setting it up and bothering with it all. I personally have used them in the past but no longer want to be bothered with BIS beta because they are very unreliable in many cases and mostly break missions even though they fix certain specific things so ive learned to just wait things out most of the time...its just a personal choice in my case.

So yea...ive certainly been losing more and more patience over the years myself and often threaten to leave (only in private though, hehe)...the only reason im still here is because its the only game of it's type in town (which is probably why most stay with it so long)...even with it's hair pulling frustrating and broken code half the time, you still cant find a similar experience in freedom in any other shooter game.

Its a love/hate thing for me...always has been since 2001 Flashpoint. As you mentioned, I hope BIS will get out a quick "official" hot fix or patch pertaining to the big issues here right away instead of making us wait for a larger all inclusive patch down the road...I already know of 3 personal friends of mine who recently lost patience and left the game since the release of arma2 and ive read posts from many others who have gone recently...and these were sworn fans just as I am since Flashpoint days. It's really a shame.

I wont leave yet as I said there's nothing else that offers this sort of framework to play in, but it HAS been a real pain with the constant waiting and fixing of missions every time a new patch comes out...something else breaks.

I've been making a campaign almost constantly since shortly after OA's release, using every new beta patch that has come out, and I have not had to change any of my 4 completed missions to make them work because of something the betas did. Same exact scenario when I was developing Operation Cobalt for Arma 2. Plus, when something does go wrong, have you not seen how quickly BIS get a hotfix out? They just released one on the weekend! I've yet to be forced to change anything of mine because of patches.

They are labeled beta for a reason. While their quality and stability is certainly above the betas I've played in pretty much every other game, they're still not 100% stable or certified for an official BIS patch release. You use them at your own risk.

I've been making a campaign almost constantly since shortly after OA's release, using every new beta patch that has come out, and I have not had to change any of my 4 completed missions to make them work because of something the betas did. Same exact scenario when I was developing Operation Cobalt for Arma 2. Plus, when something does go wrong, have you not seen how quickly BIS get a hotfix out? They just released one on the weekend! I've yet to be forced to change anything of mine because of patches.

They are labeled beta for a reason. While their quality and stability is certainly above the betas I've played in pretty much every other game, they're still not 100% stable or certified for an official BIS patch release. You use them at your own risk.

not ALL missions break with a patch...some will and some wont...its that simple and really depends upon whats been utilized in the missions itself as compared to what changes were made in a patch...even with the official patches id say at least a third to sometimes half my missions need some sort of fixing...the more complicated the mission and the more scripting included then the more likely it is to break after a new patch release whether it be beta or official..i know...ive been living it, lol...and so have others been.

I suppose consider yourself lucky then. Wasn't blaming beta patches for anything...i was simply stating on a personal note why i dont use them any longer..im fully aware of why theyre called beta and thats why i dont bother with them anymore. It's not that i dont appreciate theyre public availability but only because i dont have the time or patience i used to for the game so i save my game time as of late for official releases only.

Edited by BigShot