What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Lol @ farts. :D

Mark is an awesome dude, super nice n friendly n shit, I used his samples and edited them, check this shit out:

Yes, your not joking but I was... :)

I uploaded the GAU8 'F' (F is for FARTS) on April 1st this year.... Now, the original GAU8 was labelled GAU8 'B' (B for Burstfire). Someone on Armaholic decided to overwrite my old GAU8 B with the GAU8 F......

I did label them differently so they would NOT be overwritten, but I guess that didn't work out. LOL

If you require the B version, msn me and I'll send it you personally.

Sorry for the trouble :)

Regards

Mark

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the A-10 from your complete Soundpack working, no need for the single version anymore.

Fucking hell, for a second I thought they were the real sounds, just played very silent cause of some bug...But then I realized "nope, you got yourself some farts there coming out of the A-10". :butbut:

Edited by Dr. Horrible

Hahahah one of my clan members complained about the HiFi GAU8 sounding like farts once, I just thought his soundcard was acting up.

that's hilarious hahahha!

Hey OP,

Checking our server RPTs I can see lots of references to your sound mod and missing sounds etc. My understanding is most sound mods run clientside so we don't worry about our members using them, my concern however is that yours is having interaction with the server.

Do you know why these errors are caused, and is there any plans to fix them?

Rgds,

Rob

Are you getting reports of missing (silent) sounds or simply vanilla sounds playing for certain more obscure weapons?

Because the mod is simply not finished yet, and if people run into vanilla sounds, post them as helpful reminders. How often do you hear the AGS-17 on the BTR-90, for example?

As you guys maybe aware Jarhead is currently away for alittle while. I'm sure that he'll look into any RPT errors that are occuring with the current version when he returns.

Yes, your not joking but I was... :)

I uploaded the GAU8 'F' (F is for FARTS) on April 1st this year.... Now, the original GAU8 was labelled GAU8 'B' (B for Burstfire). Someone on Armaholic decided to overwrite my old GAU8 B with the GAU8 F......

I did label them differently so they would NOT be overwritten, but I guess that didn't work out. LOL

Heheh, best laugh ever :D

I nearly pissed myself just thinking about the facial expressions on the faces of the pilots coming in and suddenly hear an actual fart every time he pulls the trigger, and picturing them crashing in disbelief and trying to figure out where that fart came from. LOL

thank-you.jpg

m8 4 this awesome mod...it rocks and kicks ass

ps:

is there a possibility do make a paypal donation to you

and finally also to markXIII and kju!?!

guess those 2 guyz and u now shore do diserve a donation

finally also from me for their outstandig work 4 the arma comm in the past and present!!

keep up the good work soldiers

in rock and mods we trust

nice WE to @ll

over and out

I nearly pissed myself just thinking about the facial expressions on the faces of the pilots coming in and suddenly hear an actual fart every time he pulls the trigger, and picturing them crashing in disbelief and trying to figure out where that fart came from. LOL

After the first releases of J.S.R.S. I decided to test different sounds for the A-10 and replaced it with the GAU8 'F'-sounds from armaholic.

After a short test and some confusion about these "strange" sounds I thought its the first time I am not able to get an addon run correctly. Now after this explanation some things getting clear :) .

LordJarhead, I know you're away, but it really can throw people off when the impacts of armor-piercing autocannon rounds have the same sound as HE rounds. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on.

Also, making it impossible to Revert to saves in SP scenarios isn't something that could ever be in a mod past 1.0 version.

Edit: And take a look at the weapon sounds for the BMP-3, LAV-25, and AAV. I wasn't able to tell for sure because I am using ACE_SM, but some of those are still vanilla.

I assume you're talking about the ZU-23s? I think I prefer having the sound and rather have the ammo changed to HE (like Shilka). There is nothing that gets your adrenaline running more than while being suppressed by one or several of these HE rounds coming your way where you anticipate artillery/mortar coming in :D

AP rounds? Pffft... Who cares - you hardly notice them :p

Hey mark, sorry bud, made you a ton of typing explaining bout the farts thing.

You got me with it a while back too, so I couldn't resist the opportunity to bring it up again.

I'd also definitely like the original GU8 if you still have it? the burst one mind :bounce3:

Hey mark, sorry bud, made you a ton of typing explaining bout the farts thing.

You got me with it a while back too, so I couldn't resist the opportunity to bring it up again.

I'd also definitely like the original GU8 if you still have it? the burst one mind

Yeah sure mate, I think I found you the right one...

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1020

Now please may I ask that we return to the thread topic ;). If anyone has any questions regarding HiFi or farts, please feel free to PM me, or contact me on MSN/Skype.

Cheers

I assume you're talking about the ZU-23s? I think I prefer having the sound and rather have the ammo changed to HE (like Shilka). There is nothing that gets your adrenaline running more than while being suppressed by one or several of these HE rounds coming your way where you anticipate artillery/mortar coming in :D

AP rounds? Pffft... Who cares - you hardly notice them :p

In ACE_SM, HE rounds have an ear-splitting crackcrackboom sound when they explode, whereas AP rounds fired from the same cannon just sound like big impacts.

The BMP-3 and LAV-25, at least, in JSRS have only the explosive sound for both HE and AP ammo types. That's the problem.

Although I really am missing the ACE_SM HE round explosion sounds, as JSRS has just one single file for the Cobra cannon, 25-30mm and the GAU-8. It sounds like a straight-up sample of a distant thunderstorm and not very convincing. But that's just my opinion.

Hey guys.

Heres some videos showing off some of the excellent sounds from JSRS. Also the gameplay is good too.

RX2zJds-o-M

_hAcDCMoyRQ

Zut3vR-XUjg

In ACE_SM, HE rounds have an ear-splitting crackcrackboom sound when they explode, whereas AP rounds fired from the same cannon just sound like big impacts.

The BMP-3 and LAV-25, at least, in JSRS have only the explosive sound for both HE and AP ammo types. That's the problem.

Although I really am missing the ACE_SM HE round explosion sounds, as JSRS has just one single file for the Cobra cannon, 25-30mm and the GAU-8. It sounds like a straight-up sample of a distant thunderstorm and not very convincing. But that's just my opinion.

When you make a sound addon, you notice more and more the sounds you DID NOT change. So I'm sure Jarhead is aware of this. Since ACE2 and ACESM have been available for considerably longer than Jarheads mod it will be easy to notice what hasn't been changed.

While I know you guys LOVE this mod, Jarhead will change what he wants. More importantly when he wants to. Keep the suggestions coming, but you know if every OTHER mod used the same modular system it would save alot of work.....

I take it you cannot use ACESM AP impacts and Jarheads mod together then ?

I take it you cannot use ACESM AP impacts and Jarheads mod together then ?

Well, I was under the impression that if I loaded ACE_SM first in the shortcut command line (@ACE;@ACE_SM;@JSRS...etc, the JSRS sounds would simply override the ACE sounds, and current gaps in the mod would be filled in by ACE files. And it worked for the most part, except I had ACE sounds playing for the AKM and a lot of vehicle guns, overriding JSRS. Is there some other method to make all sound conflicts get decided in favor of one mod or the other?

If I run ace with mix sounds I run the soundmod before almost everything ...

-mod=BAF;@CBA;@soundmix;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_SM;@ACE_PLA;@etc;@etc .....

"Soundmix" can be any soundmod (@JSRS folders etc) and I dont actually use ACE_CM but when I did this was the order I ran it, most worked, some bits didn't, hit & miss.

Check the addon guide section in this thread which gives info on priority order ...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96591

Having said all of that you will find these mods are less modular and so some pbo's may contain more than one set of sounds .. which means you cant outright remove ACE_SM what you dont want and have pbo's replace these as you wish ... that's the time you will find mixing soundmods an issue, so you have to simply load it higher priority to the soundmod you want it to take over from, but this can have odd results like sounds defaulting back to vanilla in some cases with configs etc (but not all the time .. just certain mixing).

I have to say JSRS is the premo example of how modular should be :)

Edited by mrcash2009

J.S.R.S. 1.4 RC Downloads:

J.S.R.S. on ArmedAssault.info

J.S.R.S. on DAO

J.S.R.S. via torrent

J.S.R.S. via Multiupload

J.S.R.S. on arma2.co

J.S.R.S. on Armaholic.com

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

---------------------------------------------

New Update 1.4.3 has been released:

System requirements/ Anforderungen:

J.S.R.S. 1.4 supports any version of ArmA 2: Combined Operations (v.1.50-1.60).

A recent version of CBA is required!

It is important to set up 128 Sample in the Audio tions to prevent misfire of the sound.

JSRS 1.4 is required. Install JSRS 1.4 first!

Installation:

Using the Modfolder Method to install this mod, please read Armaholic’s easy to follow FAQ for a clear explanation:

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Changelog 1.4.3

• Feature: Includes all earliers released patches

• Fixed: Script failures

Changelog 1.4.2 HotFix

• Changed: Fixed Snip1 RPT's

• Changed: Reworked optional PKM sound

• Changed: Added two more weapons to the optional section

Changelog 1.4.2

• Changed: Volume of all radomly played SFX sounds

• Changed: Increased volume of some stereo environment sounds

• Changed: Reworked all distance weapon sounds for more life like sounding

• Changed: Increased distance for distance weapon sounds

• Changed: Reworked the sounds of passing or moving through brunches

• Changed: Increased distance for distance helicopter sounds

• Changed: Deleted annoying dog and chicken sounds

• Added: Added an script entry for automatic vehicle spawning (dummy vehicle)

• Added: Added new Script: dummy_vehicle.sqf

• Changed: The allowable distance for distancesounds was further restricted! (More Performance)

• Changed: The #particlesource will be deleted after the sound has been played (no memory leak anymore)

• Added: Soldier hit sounds, soldiers screaming and hurt sounds

• Added: Optional weapon sounds for testing. These are just to serve my own taste!

Changelog 1.4.1

• Changed: Signatures and key are updated to version 2 for more safety of cheaters

• Changed: Range and distance of script command (will fade in after 100 meters now)

• Changed: Reworked most configs for more sound range of normal weapon sounds (fading out after 400, 450 meters)

• Added: SMAW added to the NLAW config

• Added: MAAWS added to the NLAW config

• Changed: Reworked the GAU12 sounds to get rid of burst sounds

• Changed: Reduced distance of far-crack sounds

Changelog 1.33 - 1.4RC

• Changed: Signatures and key are updated to version 2 for more safety of cheaters

• Fixed: most error causing trouble or performance lags

• Fixed: strange error causing an CTD when using Hydras on A10/AH64

• Fixed: volume differences

• Reworked: the whole environment system by using BIB_Ambience config system from CarlGustaffa

• Added: Multiple and characteristic helicopter distance sounds

• Reworked: Most handheld weapons with real recorded sound samples

• Changed: Most entries for distances on both vehicles and weapons

• Fixed: All kind of missing wss RPT's

• Added: Parts from Project Zero like some reloading sounds

• New: All explosions are totally new

• New: Added a new script for adding distance sounds for all kind of weapons

• Added: Some new vehicles like the LandRover and the AH1Z

• Reworked: The A10 and AH64 for the first time with real recorded HD samples

• Added: New kind of far sonic cracks, also calles snaps. Impressiv amount of atmosphere

• Reworked: All kind of Sonic crack sounds

• Added: Some more handheld weapons

• Fixed: Some missing wss and empty sounds on M110

• Fixed: Alarm sounds on some helicopter

• Added: New T72 real recorded HD sound samples

• Reworked: T90 got a new sound kit

• Reworked: As well as the BMP2

• New: Over 330 sound samples just for environment

• Reworked: All bullethits

• Added: An small config entry wich allows me to simulate sound of far away flying helicopters

• Changed: Most volume entries for all kind of sounds

• AND A LOT MORE STUFF I DONT EVEN REMEMBER!

Download

Download link of JSRS 1.4.3

Armaholic Link

Updated on Six Updater Network.

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

9.3 MB delta vs original 264 MB update package:

sent 9.35M bytes received 68.13K bytes 400.88K bytes/sectotal size is 1.35G speedup is 143.75

INFO:

JSRS 1.4.3 KSVK fix

Just in case, I uploaded it to Multiupload:

http://www.multiupload.nl/4L70BAFJ65

Updated Readme:

Readme file. Read this to get more information about installation or optional addons.

ACE WEAPONS:

Here is a reuploaded version of the ACE weapons from last week. Those are now fixed and all RPT's are gone now, much thanks to Robalo who locked over the configs and fixed some messed up class inharitations.

Here are the links:

JSRS FileServer

MultiUpload, New Link!!!!

Dont use the old Multiupload link, those files are outdated and cause much trouble. Also you have to delete all earlier installed JSRS ACE PBO's to keep this RPT free.

Changelog 1.0 + HotFix by Robalo

• Feature: Includes all earlier released ACE sounds

• Fixed: All configs / inheritations

REWORKED PBO FILES

JSRS G3/_c

JSRS HK416/_c

JSRS HK417/_c

JSRS M72A2/_c

JSRS OC14/_c

JSRS Pistols/_c

JSRS SKS/_c

JSRS TAC50/_c

JSRS TAC50SD/_c

JSRS_UMP45/_c

If there still might be one or two or even more RPT's, just let me know please ;)

-----------------------------------------------

Edited by LordJarhead

Hey LordJarhead, just dropping by to say thanks and keep up the good work!