What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Does anyone else also has no sound with M-16 A2s and M-16 A4s or is it just me ?

I'm pretty sure I have sounds for them, they sound pretty cool if I recall correctly.

So, the double fired Hydras are a change by the JSRS Mod because of fixing the sound overlapping causing by the BIS Config. So I added this values to add a "burst" Firemode.
Ok, if there isnt any other solution imho pilots/gunners and mission designers should be noticed which things are changed by JSRS Mod. ;)

ah now i'm understand:p lol is it possible to add "singlefire" Firemode optional???

I do not like to waste the expensive rockets:rolleyes::D

Some quick stuff I noticed about grenade launchers. May already be known - didn't bother reading the whole thread again :)

1) M32 MGL has default sound. Example.

2) M79 Thumper has default sound.

3) All UGLs sounds really really weird in this mod. M203 and

. Last one I really didn't expect :p

As for FFARS, it is often possible to select how the rockets are to be fired.

is quite common. Edited by CarlGustaffa

You can delete the JSRS_FFAR.pbo to get the old singlemode back. This is because of just fixing the issues with the overlapping. Singlemode is not possible.

With that M32: The Video is of an TV-Documentation and this can't be a real recorded Sound... well, I just don't think so......

I don't know when I can work on this. Have to work hard on my new Job and its a bit hard to find some time now^^ But it will come better next days. So I can update the whole mod and finish finally the RC Version for you.

So, thanks so far.

Jarhead

1)Install the mod to server?

2)Placing the famous "key" file somewhere on server-without installing the mod?

(and if YES..where?)

3)other ??...

just put the jsrsfa.bikey in the expansion/keys dir on the server -thats it.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Dorph;1756011']just put the jsrsfa.bikey in the expansion/keys dir on the server -thats it.

Thank you mate ;)

Here are some more fixed Problems:

jsrs_a10\ext_cockpit_close.wss

jsrs_a10\ext_cockpit_open.wss

jsrs_a10\ext_engine_startup.wss

jsrs_a10\ext_engine_stop.wss

jsrs_bmp\noise-ext.wav

jsrs_bullethits\bullet_762x39\hit_metalplate_03.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses1.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses10.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses11.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses2.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses3.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses4.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses5.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses6.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses7.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses8.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses9.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\sfx\meadow-day_02.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\sfx\meadow-day_04.wss

jsrs_enviroment\sfx\sfx\meadow-day_05.wss

jsrs_explosions\rocketfly.wss

jsrs_m107\m107-s2.wss

jsrs_m2hmg\shells\metal_01.wss

jsrs_m2hmg\shells\metal_02.wss

jsrs_m2hmg\shells\metal_03.wss

jsrs_sonic_cracks\b_127x99_ball_notracer.wss

jsrs_stinger\sreload.wss

jsrs_uh1\uh1_ext_high.wss

Thanks to .kju again for his help... we are close do be done!

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

M32 GL (MGL-140) will sound like original MGL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJWP5hh82N4&feature=related

Yah, I use this. Thanks!

Artillery willie pete shells use default sounds. Have no idea what they would sound like though, but I'm guessing not a big boom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q3kB2437nk

The firefight in this video is unbelievable. It goes to show that for a supposedly slow-paced and stolid game, Arma can surpass anything made by Infinity Ward for pulse-pounding action. And in this case I feel like half the credit is due to Lord Jarhead. Truly terrifying.

(Except for that one really drawn-out ricochet whine, I think)

It's still too bad we cant play Missions using full ability of save function.. So now you once die, it asks for OA addons that are not on Arma2 (CA_e; caair_e; caweapons_e..)

Thats just too bad since I have to restart the mission all the time to enjoy the sounds :P

Mate, why have you redone your bikeys and not left the originals up to download?

People with your older releases are now stuffed, along with myself who's trying to get a dedi up for a large game tonight.

I have the jsrsfa.bikey but need your original one asap, thank you.

Rob

Just a thing I noticed both while playing and when looking in the config (looking for the 'why'):

Reconsider the use of ... * (windy factor[0,1]) ... especially for rain. If mission controls wind specifically, and independent of wind, you can end up in a situation where there is hardly no wind but it's still pouring buckets - but the rain sounds are now reduced to zero.

Example, RainHouses

Original: volume="rain*(windy factor[0,1])*houses";

Attempted: volume="rain*(0.1 max windy factor[0,1])*houses";

My final: volume="rain*houses";

For everything else involving wind factor, I think it is a good idea to limit the lower value by 0.1, ex:

... * (0.1 min windy factor[0,1]) * ... whatever. Maybe, just maybe, with the exception of trees (haven't tried that one yet). Reason is that when you have setup for a fully calm wind, the engine overrides slightly anyway, and sounds that are dependent on wind factor will fade in and out pretty badly.

Would be nice to hear other peoples opinions on this.

Edited by CarlGustaffa
Changed from min to max (me stupid)

Mate, why have you redone your bikeys and not left the originals up to download?

People with your older releases are now stuffed, along with myself who's trying to get a dedi up for a large game tonight.

I have the jsrsfa.bikey but need your original one asap, thank you.

Rob

I had to because of an error of my PC. I had to formating it and the Key was lost, the only one I had. There was no copy of it. So we had to make an new one. Sry for this... I should make an Copy next time!

Jarhead

Great Sound Mod LordJarhead ! :thumb:

Two Bugs i discovered:

• Strykers give a error message in editor (something with config blabla missing frequency)

• AK74 has only a single shot sound, if you shot full auto then you still hear a single shot sound

Great Sound Mod LordJarhead ! :thumb:

Two Bugs i discovered:

• Strykers give a error message in editor (something with config blabla missing frequency)

• AK74 has only a single shot sound, if you shot full auto then you still hear a single shot sound

The Styker error is already known. Its because its broken and should not be in this Addon. You can delete it, the sound getting already used by the Bradley.

The Ak74 thing is strange. I check this! ;)

EDIT: No error on the Ak74 so far. Works fine here, different Sound on Singlemode and Fullautomode.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

I was flying around in the A-10 last night and noticed that the sound from inside the cockpit is the as when you switch to 3rd person. Is this a bug in the mod or an error on my side?

Same as the Stryker. Shouldn't be in the Mod. The A10 wasn't finish, but I forgot that and now its in the Mod. Just Delete the A10.pbo in the JSRS-V folder to fix that. A new one is already done!

Jarhead

I am having that AK-47 problem as well, but I think it's because of the ACE mod. I will get rid of all the other addons and single out yours to see if it works.

There are some problems with the AK74-SU from the vanilla Arma 2 russians. Automatic fire doesn't sound like it should.

I am having that AK-47 problem as well, but I think it's because of the ACE mod. I will get rid of all the other addons and single out yours to see if it works.

The other guy said it was the AK-74. I just tested it with the full ACE package and a CDF AT soldier and it worked fine. Are you sure it's not some folding-stock variety or something?

Also, is it everyone (running just Arma 2) that gets warning messages about the Apache on startup and the M1A2 scope upon opening the unit editor?