What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

No Mate, 99B is the last Version so far. There will be no new Updates for this Beta anymore.

After the whole testing and fixing there are no larger error anymore and I can move on to the RC... but this will Take a while, you know that all already. So thisfor I don't tell you when bringing a new Version, because everyone is waiting than and I making my self to an Idiot while trying to upload this with broken keys:j: So, when the new Version will be able to download, I tell you. But no release Date so far.

Of course: It would be possible to change Reverbs/Echo's on the Weapons. And this would not take me an Hours or so. Its an short and quik job.

But I don't want to right now. I have toke so much time in this, there are other things in Life I have to handle for some days now. Otherwhise I have some personal problems with my relationship and so on, this goes first. That is what I want to fix now^^ An... relationship update... ^^

So I hope you understand, If I don't work this weekend for you, got other things to do. But if there sometime, next week, I can do it. "I want to do this anyway, it sucks!"

Jarhead

do what you gotta do. I don't mind. your life comes first. take care.

Hi LJH,

good luck with your real life concerns!

On topic:

Loving your mod so far, just a little nitpick with the M134 sound on the littlebird (thought it sounds a bit strange) and the 100mm of the BMP3 (the 30mm sounds far louder and more powerful than the 100mm).

These dont seem up to the quality of the other excellent sounds in your mod, maybe you can have a look at them, if you find the time?

Cheers

Crusader

And holy crap, look how modular it is. I love you, you know that?

Edited by maturin

Yah, please everyone, delete the Stryker-Files in the JSRS-V Folder. This files shouldn't be there because there are broken and the Sound getting already used by the Bradleys.

Same with the A10, there are Looping sounds, its not done and shouldn't be in this Update. So excuse the looping sounds, there are just for testing. The A10 has a whole new Sound and come with next update.

I take a look on the M134. Maybe I rework it. Same on the 30/100mm weapons of the BMP's. Maybe I just switch them or make some new Sounds. I'll see.

Soo, the BAF things are in Process, slowly but there are on working. I have already the JSRS_BAF_L110, JSRS_BAF_L7A2 and the JSRS_BAF_L85A2 done so far. The L85 needs a bit more work.

But I will not work so much on this anymore. I have not so much time for this anymore. I just can work some Hours every evening on this, so be patient with me.

I try to keep my support and performance as it is right now.

So thanks to all of you. I fix some different things and than I can concentrate on the RC.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Hi LJH,

a big thx for all your efforts!

Your support so far was insanely good, totally understandable that you cant keep that up forever.

So take it easy and keep it fun for you!

Cheers

Crusader

I am loving the mod, but a lot of vanilla sounds remain in the game. Are you aware of the following missing sounds and do you plan to add them by 1.0?

-smoke grenade launchers on vehicles

-rpg-18 firing sound

-ags-17 launcher on the btr-90

-zsu-23 shilka gun sound

-all konkurs ATGM firing sounds

-spg-9 firing sound

-14.5mm gun on the brdm-2

-ags-30

Also, and this is just an opinion, there is one bullet snap sound that resembles a fan chopping up a piece of paper. I don't think it's possible for a single bullet to rattle with multiple sound waves. It only passes by once, after all, and I was getting sniped.

Edited by maturin

I am loving the mod, but a lot of vanilla sounds remain in the game. Are you aware of the following missing sounds and do you plan to add them by 1.0?

-rpg-18 firing sound

-zsu-23 shilka gun sound

-spg-9 firing sound

-ags-30

Also, and this is just an opinion, there is one bullet snap sound that resembles a fan chopping up a piece of paper. I don't think it's possible for a single bullet to rattle with multiple sound waves. It only passes by once, after all, and I was getting sniped.

I take this as a "To Do" list if you want, but I dont know when I come to work on this. Because next Week I go back to work and don't have the Time to work on my Mod as before.

But I don't will forget this! I promise. I wanted to change these stupid ATGM sounds anyway sometime. I'll when I come to this. But I have enough time, and if not, I make time.

The RC is an far away Date, so be patient and I try to support you all as always.

Thanks so much guys!

Jarhead

Cool, not trying to push you. It's just that the vanilla rocket and grenade launcher sounds are astonishingly terrible.

Can't wait for said list above to be included, also the BAF sounds lol. I'm looking forward to the next release.

So, these the things I did so far:

Reworked:

Ak74

Ak74Gl

AKM

Aks74

AksM

Aks74UN

G36SD

G36A

M4SD

SCAR SD

CH47 (loopingsounds)

A10

M240

M249

MK48mod0

RPK

M4A1

M4A3

M4A1CCO

M4A1AIM

FNFAL

"To the weapons I added a short but loud new Echo/Reverb. I will give you the change to switch between these sounds, because the new ones matching more to the Chernarrus-scenario while the old one more fitting to the Takistan-scenario. I will make an Different DL for the new ones."

Added:

BAF Content

Other:

Delete the Stryker

To Do:

-rpg-18 firing sound

-zsu-23 shilka gun sound

-spg-9 firing sound

-ags-30

Something I forget?

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Purely opinion, the more distant supersonic cracks could be lowered in volume to better distinguish them from the rounds that nearly just killed you.

Not bad of an update for a guy who has nearly no more time left for himself... :D

Thanks LJH

To Do:

-rpg-18 firing sound

-zsu-23 shilka gun sound

-spg-9 firing sound

-ags-30

So, these the things I did so far:

Reworked:

Ak74

Ak74Gl

AKM

Aks74

AksM

Aks74UN

G36SD

G36A

M4SD

SCAR SD

CH47 (loopingsounds)

A10

M240

M249

MK48mod0

RPK

M4A1

M4A3

M4A1CCO

M4A1AIM

FNFAL

"To the weapons I added a short but loud new Echo/Reverb. I will give you the change to switch between these sounds, because the new ones matching more to the Chernarrus-scenario while the old one more fitting to the Takistan-scenario. I will make an Different DL for the new ones."

Added:

BAF Content

Other:

Delete the Stryker

To Do:

-rpg-18 firing sound

-zsu-23 shilka gun sound

-spg-9 firing sound

-ags-30

Something I forget?

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Don't forget these :D

1.The M4A3 has the stock (ArmA2:OA vanilla) sound

2.The M4/M16 GL reload sound needs some work (It doesn't sound like you're inserting another round into the GL)

3.The ambient/background sounds have a "static noise" that keeps playing (Is more like a white noise like this: http://simplynoise.com/ Set the volume to 4 and that's what it sounds like.

3.The ambient/background sounds have a "static noise" that keeps playing (Is more like a white noise like this: http://simplynoise.com/ Set the volume to 4 and that's what it sounds like.

I was under the impression that this is supposed to sound like wind going over sand. It's a bit overdone imo but still realistic (on desert maps)

Will you still be taking the volume of the wind down a bit as well LJ? thanks.

Well, I reworked the wind sounds already some days ago. Doesn't seems to be the problem so far. I don't even really know what you exactly mean. I don't hear any sound like a white noise anymore. Don't really know. Maybe its something in the other Ambientsounds (like Forest Day, Meadows Night and so on) and not on the Windsounds. I take a look later, some minutes, was coming back home from work some minutes ago...

So, later...

Jarhead

I only tested the mod for a few minutes but heard some very jarring static sounds on the Utes runway.

I took out the Environment pbo and the static noise stopped so it is something in there, but I'm a bit gutted cos its back to stock environment sounds.

I would say try it with the environment pbo in as normal, then without Jarhead, you'll hear the noise people think is static.

I do hope all this talk of 'static' or 'white noise' (I've not heard any) isn't going to result in the removal of the background breeze ambience. To me this is the single most remarkable element in the mod, the world is rarely ever totally silent and at quiet moments I marvel at how authentic and evocative of being outside Jarhead's samples are.

Edited by Defunkt

Right with Defunkt here, this is called a breeze and it happens to sound like that IRL, at least in my universe ;)

Btw, if you happen to come across some better 100mm BMP3 cannon sounds, this would be very nice, but I was sofar unable to find a good sample.

Cheers

Crusader