What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

great stuff there,used ACE_SM before and changed yesterday to your mod,its definatly worth it :cool:

on a side note,my startline now looks extremly huuuuuuuuuuuge :

-mod=BAF;@CBA;@PROPER;@zeu_AI;@JSRS-E;@JSRS-V;@JSRS-VW;@JSRS-W

tried slapping them all in 1 folder but no worky then ... is there a easier solution running this or am i doing something wrong? :eek:

You doing is right mate. But there is an easier why to do this:

You can use the Alpinestars - Arma II Launcher.

Thats maybe abit easier.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Hmmm, ive just put them all in one sound folder, maybe keeping them separate is best

Thx for all your hard work and determination in making this sound mod,

Jarhead,J-man and everyone else that assisted

Hmmm, ive just put them all in one sound folder, maybe keeping them separate is best
Well, why ? I have them all in one folder too without any problems, or have you noticed any problems ?

Yeah i get 'sound/' is not a class (firelightduration accessed)' no biggie, just a popup error and just read 'TheScar' comment about it not working that way.

As i said no biggie, love these sounds, nice emmersion

Edited by Katipo66

Yeah i get 'sound/' is not a class (firelightduration accessed)' no biggie, just a popup error and just read 'TheScar' comment about it not working that way.

As i said no biggie, love these sounds, nice emmersion

the is because of using this mod with another mod. They dont like each other. You can put -JSRS all in one folderif you want to, but never mix the mod with other mods in one folder together. this will causing trouble like that. So its always better to use the modfolder-typ. Or even the ArmaLaunchers, they do the work for you. Thats the easiest why, Mate.

Hope thats helps you out a bit.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Should I put this before, after, or as a replacement for ACE_SM in the load order? Thanks.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

I just downloaded this and read the readme. There's nothing about the four different folders "@JSRS-E", "@JSRS-V", "@JSRS-VW", and "@JSRS-W". Which one do I want? What do they do differently? Thanks again. :D

I just downloaded this and read the readme. There's nothing about the four different folders "@JSRS-E", "@JSRS-V", "@JSRS-VW", and "@JSRS-W". Which one do I want? What do they do differently? Thanks again. :D

Environment

Vehicles

Vehicle Weapons

Weapons

?

:p

I think they're just split out so that people can easily use only certain parts, especially if they're combining JSRS with other mods.

I'm running it with ACE in OA only and it seems to be fine. I don't like running CO because a lot of the units don't support new OA features.

First time using version 99b tonight.

FSGE$%Y#YH RTNJXRLK #$%^$@#% :yay:

A M A Z I N G, LordJ your the man my friend! Totally looking forward to your BAF release and maybe a hotfix for the stryker and m4s? ;)

First time using version 99b tonight.

FSGE$%Y#YH RTNJXRLK #$%^$@#% :yay:

A M A Z I N G, LordJ your the man my friend! Totally looking forward to your BAF release and maybe a hotfix for the stryker and m4s? ;)

Cool mate, like to hear that! Yah, BAF content will come soon, and of course i will repair the M4A3's so they work. The Stryker is an Broken file, shouldn't be in the Mod. You can delete it, the Sounds getting already used by the Bradleys.

Have fun.

Jarhead

"The hands of the devil been busy."

Edited by LordJarhead

I just got through playing a lengthly test session using JSRS for the first time and I must say... WOW these are the most authentic sounds I've ever heard outside of real life. What really impresses me (on top of everything else) are the Apache sounds. They aren't a loud, powerful, thumping - such as what you'd hear from a UH-6X series - like in most games. Instead it's a higher-pitched "whirring" like in real life. The blades are very small and light on an Apache compared to most other military craft, with two massive engines powering them. Your mod recreates this very well.

PS. I'm a United States Marine Corps 2nd Lt. of the Sea Elk. I fly and maintian my V-22 Osprey for a living.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Hey Lord Jarhead!

Couple of questions for you if I may...

Since your soundmod is modular, big plus. I'd like to create my own mix up based upon whats already out there and incorporating your mod as the base of this. Of course, its for personal use only.

Some of the HiFi soundmod sounds are my preference and the modular system the same; so my question is, if i were to unPbo the s_pbo's and drop the HiFi sounds in, repbo them, I should have HiFi sounds instead following re-pbo-ing the files?

Many thanks and whatever my tastes; this is a great sound mod.

If you want to use HiFi Weapons, just delete my pbo's anf put HiFi file in the Folder. So, you want for example the HiFi-AK74. So you delete my JSRS_AK74.pbo and JSRS_AK74_c.pbo and the both bikeys of them of course. Than you put the HiFi_AK74.pbo and his bikey in the folder, Done!

Otherwise I don't really understand what you really mean, so sry. ^^

Jarhead

Hey no worries. I am talking about renaming and putting hifi .wss files into JSRS pbos. Reason being is not all Hifi sounds work on OA (things like the AK47 base and the OA M and SCAR variants).

Its ok though, I think I've got it working just fine!

Well, as long as you remember this...

Of course, its for personal use only.

... you can do what you want with that :D

Edited by LordJarhead

any vid of the new version? i dont really want to download the whole mod again just to see if i like it now

Well, you didn't liked the other Versions? Than let it and leave, this is nothing for you than :)

But if you liked some of the other Versions, this is a must have than I guess...

Maybe this will answer your questions.

Jarhead

"Try this"

Edited by LordJarhead

vid isnt loading here , hmm

i liked the first version , i just didnt think it went in the right direction. last versions it was almost like the sounds were muffled and had a 'ping' ,they need a bang. this is the same way CSM2 went

I still think the soniccracks are a tad too high compared to the rest of the sounds. It might be realistically high, but I'm not sure if want to risk my hearing

to enjoy all of the other sounds, which are great by the way. :)

I still think the soniccracks are a tad too high compared to the rest of the sounds. It might be realistically high, but I'm not sure if want to risk my hearing

to enjoy all of the other sounds, which are great by the way. :)

Well, I could make an separate Config for those who want it a bit more lower Volume and one for those who like it realistic.

Jarhead