What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I just tried the 1.5 version, wow, amazing! amazing! amazing! too much improve from 1.4 version.Thanks a lot, LJ.

Thank you for sharing the results of your hard work. The mod sounds amazing. First thing I did was check the room ambiance and the weapon sounds in first person view, and it's all there as described in readme! Fantastic work.

Thank you for your work and good to know that's available trough a torrent.

@LJ: Could you guys please supply the correct BIsignatures? The current are v1 signatures instead of v2 - breaking for many servers :)

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70194

Thanks!

Hey.

Ya we will work on this later though. I'm on work currently so it'll take some time...

LJ

Damn gotta love the AK sounds, truly epic!

Amazing work LJ!

So is the .bikey that is supplied in the 1.5 download working or...?

Jumped on this morning and the L85A2/L86A2 sounds have all gone back to the default A2 BAF shot noise. The clicking sound is still there though... Any ideas?

In fact, a few of the guns have a mixture of default and JSRS sounds. The M4's gunshot is default but it has JSRS effects with it. Is that normal?

Edited by Ginga121

Jumped on this morning and the L85A2/L86A2 sounds have all gone back to the default A2 BAF shot noise. The clicking sound is still there though... Any ideas?

In fact, a few of the guns have a mixture of default and JSRS sounds. The M4's gunshot is default but it has JSRS effects with it. Is that normal?

Post startup parameters

Excellent work LJ! But can you give AKM reload sound to other AK type rifles include saiga and AKSU, please!

Anyone else have their game crash when firing the M240 scope? Will try see if it's my fault XD

EDIT: yip..wouldn't you know, my addons break JSRS...go me :p

Edited by Slatts

Post startup parameters

I have ArmA2 on steam and use a .bat file made by SU to launch the game. It worked fine with JSRS 1.4.3 and seemed to work last night with 1.5 but I was half asleep

Think this is what you are after (from the .bat)

"-mod=D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;expansion;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@JSRS 1.5;@JSRS_ACE;@ACEX_RU;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE"

I'm running it with the A2 OA Beta patch as well. No splash, no file patching, show script errors are all on as well.

Edited by Ginga121

@Ginga121: Just a shot in the dark here but I see your running it with another sound mod, ACEX_SM

@Ginga121: Just a shot in the dark here but I see your running it with another sound mod, ACEX_SM

True, didn't think of that, I'll try that now.

Pretty sure ACEX_SM doesn't affect M4's or L85's though as they aren't ACE weapons

JSRS 1.4.3 worked fine even with ACEX_SM running though which is probably why I missed it :S

True, didn't think of that, I'll try that now.

Pretty sure ACEX_SM doesn't affect M4's or L85's though as they aren't ACE weapons

JSRS 1.4.3 worked fine even with ACEX_SM running though which is probably why I missed it :S

it does affect it, it has a conflict with most weapon's that JSRS changes but for some reason ACEX_SM takes the lead and replaces most of them.

@slatts @froggyluv @Sakai Got it working :dance1: Cheers for the help

So is the .bikey that is supplied in the 1.5 download working or...?

Just a few more posts above, what did we said? :)

No, they are V1 and we will update to V2 today, plus fixing the latest errors!

LJ

Thanks for the clarification.

I gave 1.5 a quick run only on one of my test systems and it's possible that it's indeed sound driver issue or I simply need a better sound card. Another possibility may be box.net file fusing corruption as when I downloaded all of the files at once I got one 1gb archive, which when unpacked released all of the original archives in parts which were then unpacked for the mod.

I will give 1.5 a check on other system as well and see what happens.

Could you please check and let me know, what is your 1.5 AddOns folder size (without any modifications) and tell me? Mine is 1.76 GB (1,900,553,106 bytes) while mod cpp file is 151 bytes

Anyway, I did experience same issues long ago when OA was released and first sound mods came out. If a big fight was breaking out and some units shot multiple rockets at once I would get those pixelated sounds. So it's possible that it's client side issue and not mod one. The bugs I noted in my comment occured when there was a big fight because I was playing Advancing Power in Fallujah with relatively a lot of units (armors, air, ground, RU, CDF, Spetz, USMC, US, Delta Force, Taki Army, Talibans etc)

P.S About the new radio comms. They are good. Crisp, simple and useful. About loud sounds. Those can happen if a smoke shell or gl grenade is stuck in ground, in that case multiple same sounds are played so it appears as if the shell is louder.

Ok well, I double checked my 1.5 folder (not the 1.5 ACE included) itself which also has the readme, optional's, etc inside as well and the grand overall total comes to 1.84GB (871 files, 8 folders). It's quite possible something got corrupted somewhere along the way. My upload sucks horribly @ only 2MBps thanks to Optimum Online and since they solely run the lines in our township, we're sort of their b***h since they know the entire township won't spend years fighting to get other cable companies to run their stuff. So figure running around like a chicken without a head trying to get Box.com, Rapidshare and the FTP stuff all uploaded, the idea of something accidentally going wrong seems more plausible than it being a 1.5 issue or ArmA issue, although some reported bugs/issues sound more hardware related/sound drivers related. But for those that are download-related, you all can blame my dumb @$$ for probably corrupting any downloads, lol. <hides>

If that's the case, we'll certainly remedy it--even if I have to sit here all day doing nothing but re-uploading the entire 1.5 suite. Hopefully the armaholic and SIXUpdator ones don't have any issues.

Ok well, I double checked my 1.5 folder (not the 1.5 ACE included) itself which also has the readme, optional's, etc inside as well and the grand overall total comes to 1.84GB (871 files, 8 folders). It's quite possible something got corrupted somewhere along the way. My upload sucks horribly @ only 2MBps thanks to Optimum Online and since they solely run the lines in our township, we're sort of their b***h since they know the entire township won't spend years fighting to get other cable companies to run their stuff. So figure running around like a chicken without a head trying to get Box.com, Rapidshare and the FTP stuff all uploaded, the idea of something accidentally going wrong seems more plausible than it being a 1.5 issue or ArmA issue, although some reported bugs/issues sound more hardware related/sound drivers related. But for those that are download-related, you all can blame my dumb @$$ for probably corrupting any downloads, lol. <hides>

If that's the case, we'll certainly remedy it--even if I have to sit here all day doing nothing but re-uploading the entire 1.5 suite. Hopefully the armaholic and SIXUpdator ones don't have any issues.

If even ONE of the pbo files would be corrupted, the whole community would have killed my PM box already ;) I dont think he upload corrupted or so, it might be something else. ALSO I cant find the MK17 Sniper bug you mentioned MAVEN. Its SD on my end, like on Johns... like on others I guess? Tested the MK17 Sniper non-SD, SD and TWS SD. All seems to work fine, each of them with their fitting sounds.

I fixed that snip2_tail3 bug, which is caused by M40A1, LeeEnfield and something else, not sure right now. But anyways, its fixed, just had to address the Entry in the config. Also updated to JSRS15_V2 keys ;) Thanks to Robalo for his sneaky little tricks :P Will get the stuff ready. I will try to update the files on the 24th Platoon ftp but also provide the patch as additional download files.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

The key file "jsrs15.bikey" doesn`t work for me/my server. I always got message of invalid signatures... :confused:

The key file "jsrs15.bikey" doesn`t work for me/my server. I always got message of invalid signatures... :confused:

Yes, we talked about that some pages ago, those keys and signs are V1 ;) We will release the update with V2 keys and signs in the next few minutes!

LJ

Something strange just happened.

I played a SP mission and all of my AI teammates had the same weapon (AK 74) suddenly I hear vanilla sounds. Yes, one of the guys next to me had vanilla sounds coming out of his rifle! The others were ok....