What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Ok, we managed to update the files with RemoteDesktop thanks to 24th Platoon and so I updated the FULL pack, and all other downloads.

So, its working like this: Either you download the whole mod again, which would sucks for some people, OR you download the JSRS15MOD-UPDATE1 file and delete all old bisign files in your JSRS15 installment and put in the new ones plus, for admins, use the new JSRS15_V2 key wink.png

JSRS15MOD-FULL (updated)

JSRS15MOD-ACE PACK (updated)

JSRS15MOD-OPTIONALSOUNDS (updated)

JSRS15MOD-UPDATE1 (only download this files, when you downloaded the FULL mod before the 9th of january, 2013 and DONT want to redownload the whole mod again!)

So, please test if the keys and signatures are working this time wink.png

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Thank you LJ. I will try them out on our server right now.

Edit: I downloaded a jsrs_distance_c.pbo with key only download as well. I assume this did not get updated?

Thank you LJ. I will try them out on our server right now.

Sounds good mate, please tell me about ANY trouble you'll get and we will try to fix them asap!

LJ

jsrs_yakb.pbo is missing a signature file. All others are good and work fine.

Edit: That is on the signatures/keys only download btw. I did not try out the other one (yet).

Edit2: Also on the full download, just checked.

Edited by Glowbal

Yes, we talked about that some pages ago, those keys and signs are V1 ;) We will release the update with V2 keys and signs in the next few minutes!

LJ

Okay.. sorry.. didn`t see it.

With the update i still got following message:

Warning Message: Files "E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@JSRS1.5\addons\jsrs_distance_c.pbo", "E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@JSRS1.5\addons\jsrs_yakb.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

This has re-ignited my passion for ArmA2 once again. The sheer power that the weapon sounds create really brings that fear back into combat, more so when CQC kicks off with that echo indoors.

Game changing mod that will be the first thing I await on ArmA3's release.

Top work LordJarhead.

Ok, reupdated the update and all other files.

Please all, download or redownload the UPDATE1! Delete all old bisign and use only the new JSRS15_V2.bisigns and the key ;)

Thanks for testing and telling so fast, Glowbal!

LJ

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

NOW it should be fine, hehe.

Please redownload, check and try ;)

LJ

With the latest update of the update i got a last message:

Wrong signature for file E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@JSRS1.5\addons\jsrs_distance.pbo

I deleted ALL bisign files and used only the files of the latest update...

Confirmed, same here.

Let me just clarify something...since I'm still a server admin noob at best.

Do I need to put the entire mod onto my dedicated box or only the updated jsrs15.bikey? I put the entire thing up last night and I'm suffering with the same woes everybody else is reporting.

Ok,

please try again now, the update1.

LJ

Do I need to put the entire mod onto my dedicated box or only the updated jsrs15.bikey? I put the entire thing up last night and I'm suffering with the same woes everybody else is reporting.

Your server only need one file... the JSRS15_V2.bikey

You only need to allow the key on the server. But the new one, called JSRS15_V2.bikey.

Ok,

please try again now, the update1.

LJ

Still the error:

Wrong signature for file E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@JSRS1.5\addons\jsrs_distance.pbo

Aye, in the same boat as you when it comes to servers. But, if I am not mistaken, you only need the keys on the server. The soundmod is client-side only.

thanks guys...

Jarhead...go celebrate...this release is something to be proud of. Excellent work.

@Buli Ok, updated again, please try again!

UPDATE1

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

@Buli Ok, updated again, please try again!

UPDATE1

LJ

Sorry... buut still the same problem.

It`s just the jsrs_distance.pbo making trouble...

Edited by Buliwyf

I don't know why but there are no weapon mechanism sounds and no indoor sounds. The weapon and vehicle sounds are replaced. I tried it in the showcase scenarios.

I have all 3 CBAs, and the update. Can anyone help?

Gotta take care about this signing stuff tomorrow guys. Too late for me again!

See you later,

LJ

I don't know why but there are no weapon mechanism sounds and no indoor sounds. The weapon and vehicle sounds are replaced. I tried it in the showcase scenarios.

I have all 3 CBAs, and the update. Can anyone help?

What are your startup parameters?

What are your startup parameters?

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@loki;@mobile_proving_ground;@WARFX;@JSRS1.5;@vte;@bracer

Thanks for clarification, update and an excellent free mod guys :)

It's probably download corruption that caused my issues combined with some driver related ones. I am re-downloading the full update and will test and report back in.

About vanilla gun sounds. It's possible, although not confirmed that A2 engine may not be able to handle too many custom sound files. This usually leads to default content and happened with few other games. If this is the case, there's nothing you can do about it. JSRS is pushing A2 to its limits in best way possible.

About mirrors. If your upload speed is low, don't upload multiple files at once, as this may in fact lead to artifacts in uploaded files (That's why md hashes are popular with some downloads) Another thing to consider is connection jitter, if your connection is "wobbly" updating even one file may end up corrupting whole archive. That being said, I don't blame you. It's people who rush the release to blame for any errors that might occur undetected by the 1st release tested by madders ;)

LJ, instead of pushing many updates fast, I suggest you collect bugs/errors reports and make a list, fix and then release a bigger update. Much easier to handle/host.

I will test the updated full version and reply here when I'm done.