What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I agree with TheCrusader

Last version seems to have a slight tendency for arcadish.

Please back to your roots of purists and not to over-listening to many requests.

Thanks for your amazing work!

Cheers

I disagree, the mod has only been better and better. I am going to play the military card here and say that I've been been deployed to Iraq, and the sounds are pretty dang close, it will never be possible to make sound the way it does in real life with the arma2 sound engine.

Totally disagree with fideco. This sound mod is just awesome now. It's getting better and better every release.

Keep up the good work LJH!

I disagree, the mod has only been better and better. I am going to play the military card here and say that I've been been deployed to Iraq, and the sounds are pretty dang close, it will never be possible to make sound the way it does in real life with the arma2 sound engine.

Agree with you Brother. I was an US Army Infantryman for 8 years including two deployments to Iraq (OIF & OIFIII). This is the best sound mod for weapons so far. I still like TR for the wheeled and tracked vehicles but for most everything else J.S.R.S. pretty much kicks ass.

Jarhead thanks for updating this like you have been, keep it up it is just getting better and better.

I've been using a combination of sound mods to get the desired effect, but your work has slowly taken over almost all mods. With version 0.9 I am using your mod with the exception of the handguns, M24/M40, SVD and the Dshk/M2 from HIFI. Your sound work has surpassed all the rest. I do miss the night time sound from HIFI, the owl or lark... what ever it is. A wildlife sound pbo might be a nice addition one of these days.

I discovered today your very realistic distant explosions. They really get the pulse going! I want to thank you for your excellent work!

Its a combination for me too.. got some cracking stuff on LJH's version for sure, but VoP has got some awesome sounds as well.. its good to experiment though!

Since you wanted RPTs

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_smoke\bolt.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_grenade\bolt.wss'
Cannot load sound 'ca\jsrs_enviroment\sfx\tree-night2.wss'
Cannot load sound 'ca\jsrs_enviroment\sfx\tree-night4.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses3.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses6.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses4.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses11.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses8.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses1.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses9.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses10.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses7.wss'

That's just from one mission, but I've seen others that I can submit if you want. I really love this mod, but so much spamming of the RPT can't be healthy :p

its good to experiment though!

That's what she said

For What Its Worth : I got to be honest after a good play test i prefer 0.7 the best, felt it was just right Jarhead, especially with the improved explosions.

Speaking of which, where should I look to re-download 0.7 ?

Edited by Bigpickle

I must say something to Jarhead about this truly great piece of work that you are working on so diligently for the community. You obviously have an artistic ear and also the skills to apply what you're feeling into something real that we can all use and enjoy...for this alone I would like to give a few million thank you's!...much appreciated and MUCH deserved. I have to admit that I've been around here since the good old Flashpoint days and this sound mod of yours (up to v0.7) is without a doubt the best I've ever had the pleasure of using...hats off in a big way to you, sir!

That being said I also feel it is IMO that as of v0.9 you may be starting to listen TOO MUCH to all the public comments/wishes/opinions and appear to be unintentionally straying from your original "ear" or artistic rendition of this mod. Up to v0.7 I absolutely loved what you were doing with it, but then as of 0.9 suddenly it has a completely different feel to it...in a large firefight with dozens of arms firing away it now is beginning to sound like more of an obnoxiously loud clanking mess than what was before "music to my ears" in previous versions.

You might consider getting off these forums and just get back to doing this for YOU alone IMO so that your not swayed too much. You had the right idea and the talent to pull it off...you don't need a hundred opinions to make it good...just make it the original way you liked it I say.

As for me...im back to v0.7 for now...too many others "likes" are now getting into it and I just simply prefer something closer to your original work....

...again, thank you so much for this Jarhead...it's the only non-scripted addon mod that i use and will continue to enjoy for a long time I hope!

Agreed ! Much deserved, "million thank you's" to LordJarhed :D
I agree with TheCrusader

Last version seems to have a slight tendency for arcadish.

Please back to your roots of purists and not to over-listening to many requests.

Thanks for your amazing work!

Cheers

Totally disagree with fideco. This sound mod is just awesome now. It's getting better and better every release.

Keep up the good work LJH!

Agree with you Brother. I was an US Army Infantryman for 8 years including two deployments to Iraq (OIF & OIFIII). This is the best sound mod for weapons so far. I still like TR for the wheeled and tracked vehicles but for most everything else J.S.R.S. pretty much kicks ass.

Jarhead thanks for updating this like you have been, keep it up it is just getting better and better.

I've been using a combination of sound mods to get the desired effect, but your work has slowly taken over almost all mods. With version 0.9 I am using your mod with the exception of the handguns, M24/M40, SVD and the Dshk/M2 from HIFI. Your sound work has surpassed all the rest. I do miss the night time sound from HIFI, the owl or lark... what ever it is. A wildlife sound pbo might be a nice addition one of these days.

I discovered today your very realistic distant explosions. They really get the pulse going! I want to thank you for your excellent work!

Thanks to you all. I really appreciated you words and keep this all in mind. I love it to be User-Friendly, so i think i will make a whole "More" modular mod. So, you can choose which sound you want to use for your weapons, Sounds of the older versions like 0.7 or the new sounds. The User should choose what he wanted to use. Thats what i want. Your personal JSRS Edition^^

I know, i cant please everyone, and some of you are right when saying im be too focused on other opinions. (When i should really true i don't like every change in the Mod ive did until now.:() But i try to please you as well as always. Wasn't so good idea.

Since you wanted RPTs

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses3.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses6.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses11.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses1.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses10.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses7.wss'

That's just from one mission, but I've seen others that I can submit if you want. I really love this mod, but so much spamming of the RPT can't be healthy :p

That's what she said

I thank you so much, this will help me to fix the bugs and to rework the performance of the mod. You can PM me the other ones if you want, helps me always. Thanks :)

For What Its Worth : I got to be honest after a good play test i prefer 0.7 the best, felt it was just right Jarhead, especially with the improved explosions.

Speaking of which, where should I look to re-download 0.7 ?

after the last update (if there will be one last) i will bring you the Old style back again. You should get it if you want so.

As always Moders like me live from your Opinions and Criticisms. So why i should make a mod badder?^^

So, and now something else:

On last tuesday this week i was critical hit on my shoulder and was put back together in an emergency surgery. I try to not become dependent on Painkillers, so i renounce any tablets. The pain is quite strong. And, of course, this is only the good message. I cannot move my right arm fully anymore. Maybe for some Days, maybe some Weeks, maybe never again. THE RIGHT ARM! Right hand, Mouse hand. I can play or move the mouse and everything else, but its quite hurt. But thanks to the Bundeswehrkrankenhaus Hamburg i'am in good hands. With UMTL Internet i can be online even in my hospital-bed.^^ So i have to take a break i guess for some days or weeks. Im sry, this weekend no update so far.

But thank you for all your kind words and the nice support.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Take all the time you need.

Get well soon.

Best wishes from Italy..

Cheers and good luck!!

Edited by fideco

Oh man that's crap!

I tried your first version and tbh never thought that much of it! (my fault for just testing in the editor)!

But seeing as soo many ppl here keep praising the mod -thought i have to give it another go!

Just been playing the first couple of sp missions on the BAF dlc and once i came under contact -i must say FOOKING hell!

Keep up the great work fella and get well soon! :)

Just take you're time and let everything heal.

Thanks for all the hard work :)

Hope you're on the mend soon fella. At least you can out your feet up and concentrate on the start of the Bundesliga ;)

I got some RPT errors coming up now and then. I'll get a list together and post it here for you to check out in your own time.

On a separate note, when I broke my arm, I had to learn lots of stuff the other way round. Now I'm a bit more ambidextrous than I used to be, although if I write with my left hand, it still looks like an 8 year old :)

Get well Jarhead, and don't stress over the mod, it can wait!

Take it easy dude.

Get well, and thanks for everything so far!

Bad news indeed, get well soon mate love what you have done so far. my favourite sound mod by a mile.

Jarhead: Pain is weakness leaving the body, you know this, right?

Get well soon, human body is a very strong and smart device, so don't worry!

Sorry to hear about your injury hope you rest up and start to feel better soon my friend.

p.s I dont think you would make your mod badder, I know your just trying different styles, so please dont think I was being rude I just ment I liked the style of 07 the most.

Regards