What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

me have already tested on war welcome an on campain of OA an they sound great..

the BMP-2 engine sound you nailed the idle sounds but cross country engine sound need work.. now again me know exactly what BMP-2 an BMP-3 sound like in real when me was at russia visiting a friend who is a crewman of them beasts

the 2A42 need be abit more louder an reworked also the BMP-3 2A72 an main 100mm Low pressure gun 2A70.

me have switched back to TRSM Track wheeled an Wheeled sound since he has nailed what BMP-3 an BMP-2 sound like deep revs of BMP-3 up to T-90

M16 an M4 need be abit also louder an me know this cause me have M4A3 an can say they are very loud for a 556 if heared one without ear plugs

me cant say anything about M249 cause me never fired this weapon an never heared it.

here some videos to help you get an idea LordJarhead what they really sound like an pitch must they make must listen carefully to there sound they make an engine. me did alot research find top quality sound help you on you quest for top realisem on you mod.

: dont pay any attention to music just listen to the weapons of this BMP-3 give you idea what looking at listen carfully even sound of Arkim once fired an what sould like in cruse

: BMP-2 cross country here hear carefully what BMP-2 would sound like in cross country driving again must listen carefully.

these are you homework :D

" Originally Posted by blackpulpit View Post

Did you change the gear sounds?

Yes, you don't like it i guess? Yah, i thought this will come"

Well I like it to an extent, but, for special forces or tier one operator type missions it is a little to too clangy for my liking, no big deal though just wondering. I simply switch it out for the VOP one.

I get errors when I try to move the folders into my arma 2 folder...Can you upload to some hosting site? The DL for Armaholic is horribly slow and I dont wanna spend another 2 hours re-downloading it.

I get errors when I try to move the folders into my arma 2 folder...Can you upload to some hosting site? The DL for Armaholic is horribly slow and I dont wanna spend another 2 hours re-downloading it.

same.

It was broken though I had downloaded from FTP #2.

Thanks for the update LordJarhead, I'm still doing some testing and this is what i found so far:

The M203 grenade launcher reload sound needs some work, When you reload the M203 you only hear the sound of the unit taking the 40mm round out, but you don't hear the sound of another 40mm round loading back into the launcher.

I get some "file is corrupt" while unRARing. I downloaded from FTP #2. Every time I unRAR it I get errors for different files...

I downloaded form the same and it corrupted for me on an earlier upload version once (re downloaded and all was fine) and with this new update I downloaded and was fine right away.

So its not the actual file server end it will be the transfer and local, try without download managers if you use one, and also download to a separate hard disk than the one you have attempted so there is no corruption when writing local, and maybe leave it without using any bandwidth while processing.

I haven't tried it out yet mind you.

I really love the new gear sounds - very awesome. When i stand up from the prone position it´s really clangy... :yay:

Yep, all the movement stuff is quite superb, not that the rest isn't but the 'rattle' is probably one of the things that gets me the most immersed.

OK I will re-download it again on another hard drive. And I do not use download mangers since they are evil. :alien:

: dont pay any attention to music just listen to the weapons of this BMP-3 give you idea what looking at listen carfully even sound of Arkim once fired an what sould like in cruse

: BMP-2 cross country here hear carefully what BMP-2 would sound like in cross country driving again must listen carefully.

these are you homework :D

Is this an Order, SIR? ^^ If i have some time, i maybe see what i can do. First, some other things.

I get some "file is corrupt" while unRARing. I downloaded from FTP #2. Every time I unRAR it I get errors for different files...

Ok, i unRar(ed) it by my self and i don't get any errors. Its working fine for me. Maybe an Armaholic problem. I go and talk to the Admins what the problem could be and coming back with more informations.

I really love the new gear sounds - very awesome. When i stand up from the prone position it´s really clangy... :yay:

Finally someone how like them!^^ I love my gear sounds, and i think they really great for SF units, because when you sneaking around, they hear a bit more awesome :D

Thanks for the update LordJarhead, I'm still doing some testing and this is what i found so far:

The M203 grenade launcher reload sound needs some work, When you reload the M203 you only hear the sound of the unit taking the 40mm round out, but you don't hear the sound of another 40mm round loading back into the launcher.

Yah, old problem. It don't worked from the beginning. I guess some trouble in the config. Thanks anyway.

I should upload it 2 Hours so you can download it in 30 minutes, huh? :D I know, the FTP servers are slow. I will take a look where i can upload it, with more speed for you of course.

" Originally Posted by blackpulpit View Post

Did you change the gear sounds?

Yes, you don't like it i guess? Yah, i thought this will come"

Well I like it to an extent, but, for special forces or tier one operator type missions it is a little to too clangy for my liking, no big deal though just wondering. I simply switch it out for the VOP one.

Yah, please everyone^^ Thanks to this its modular, so switch around like you want. But like i says, i really like them and i think they especially good for sneaking :D Just my opinion, i'm not the Guy they wanted to make a "realistic" sound mod, don't forget this.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

It does get a mirror, keep your eye on kelly's heroes, they have it on thier repro list for yomas, so in time it will get mirrored.

Hey, I just started using this mod (0.9 Beta) and the sounds are excellent. However the ambient sound seems to be static -at least for me it is.

Is it supposed to be like that?

Thanks

Edited by Zero_uk

Look what you've gone and done now Jarhead.. You've made such a must have mod that when the British DLC stuff gets released i wont be able to play it untill you have added sounds for all there weapons!! :p

Hope your already collecting British weapon sound files ;)

just downloading 0.9 each update so far has been better and better, looking forward to this one too.

Gear sound is amaizing :m:

In my opinion such little things make this sound mod different/special than other.

I'm reworking some configs again, just a bit to make weapons like m4 family and AK's a bit louder...

fix that Lav25 sound...

hmm...

fix some error with m203/ELM grenade launcher configs wile missing sounds...

rework all helicopter excluding the AH64 and AH6J...

working on the sounds for the BAF DLC...

"maybe" reworking some GEAR sounds and reworked the config, so SOldiers have these sounds, Chilli sniper using others and lower ones and SF using other again...

reworking maybe the vehicles sounds again of some Tracked and Wheeled Vehicles (as i mentioned, there are other sm wich thousand time better Sounds for Vehicles, i just wanted to offer them for you)...

maybe uploading to another Hosting Site (for Enad:P)...

SO, thats the To Do List sofar.

To Do:

1. Reworking Configs for Volume
  2. Reworking Config for missing LAV25 Sound
  3. Reworking all Helicopter
  4. Adding more Gear sounds for each Unit-Type
  5. Adding sounds for BAF DLC
  6. Reworking Wheeled/Tracked Engines
  7. Looking for HostingSite (maybe)

Something i forget?

After fixing this Update, there will be a last Version of the Beta, 0.99B. After this i will take a break, a long break. Than comes the J.S.R.S. VS 1.0!

After this, i will take a look for BAF DLC, and "maybe" will making sounds for maybe some RH-Weapons like HK416/17 Pack and so on.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

If i'll take any gun (M249, G36, Scar, ...) and switch to 3rd person perspective and than "fly" around with free look,

once i'm looking from the front, sound of the gun changes, like it has some extra effect.

Is this a bug or it's suppose to be like that :confused:

Thank you.

This isnt a bug its a feature, all guns have front/muzzle/near effects to change the sound, this is the "bullet cracks" or supersonic sound of the bullet leaving the gun you are near and facing, like you would be stood near it (but instead panning the camera in 3rd person view).

In this mod its more of an ambient overall effect, some sound mods have a singular bullet snap or crack effect.

Great details I think for the BIS engine.

OK, it worked with 7zip. I dunno what RARs problem was but its working now. I tried it and it sound very nice man. Keep up the good work.

Well if thats the case, make sure you have the latest winrar install, thats the only reason winrar will fail in such a way that I know of.

To Do:

1. Reworking Configs for Volume
  2. Reworking Config for missing LAV25 Sound
  3. Reworking all Helicopter
  4. Adding more Gear sounds for each Unit-Type
  5. Adding sounds for BAF DLC
  6. Reworking Wheeled/Tracked Engines
  7. Looking for HostingSite (maybe)

Something i forget?

8. relax and take a rest.

Seriousely LordJarhead..this mod is very nice.

You did more then earn a little bit of rest;)