What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Screenshots please!

Häää????

Oh my God, mrcash you bitch, you've been sharing it around. I thought we had something special...

I always wanted to make a mod where everything fits together. The fact the people exchange not mess with other mods or so, but that's probably not very useful when you do the mod after Hifi FileSystem so modular. Lol.

Well, one can not just get to make all right. Against the big Soundmods here the JSRS is not yet competitive in I think. Well let's see where all this will lead. Had not thought to have so much work with this when I released the mod.

I have to take a break after the next update and play with my mod some time. so I do not lose the pleasure in all this stuff.

Screenshots please!

can you take screenshots from a soundmod?

If you can please tell us how so we can show you the screenies:omg:

:391:

This is a thread about a soundmod mate

damn, ok noone gets the ironic joke in here.. :(

Anyway, tryed the soundmod and yeah its really nice! keep on the good work!

Häää????

Well, one can not just get to make all right. Against the big Soundmods here the JSRS is not yet competitive in I think.

JSRS, we have 130+ people plus in our clan, and we all use this over any other sound mod, even ACEX_SM. Keep up the great work.

damn, ok noone gets the ironic joke in here.. :(

Anyway, tryed the soundmod and yeah its really nice! keep on the good work!

Maybe you adding "^^" next time so my stupid Brain can get this, lol:D:D

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

JSRS, we have 130+ people plus in our clan, and we all use this over any other sound mod, even ACEX_SM. Keep up the great work.

Well, thank you. I am sometimes overwhelmed by the knowledge and the professionalism of other SoundMods and then I get to the bottom of the facts macro reference.

Thanks again.

Jarhead

Screenshots please!
I did manage to capture a screenshot in-game for this mod:

HERE

Im just wondering if the peaks could be maxed out more, also maybe the tint is wrong?

BTW I tried Irony and jokes (with smileys) in the DLC thread ... lets just say it didn't work ;)

Yes Jarhead, modular is cool, but its still nice to be happy with a mod overall so you dont really have too, especially with MP and servers who want to keep it as a one mod deal. Either way its comparable in many ways to existing mods, and your looking at the other areas so that's great. I only seem to be mixing and matching pbo's becuase of the areas I mentioned before anyway, and im sure you will bring something as an update just as good anyway :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Nice Screenshots, hmm... ähhh... looks great? Or Sounds great ?? .... Lol :D

Thanks Crash.

really like the mod is really great..

few things missing as InfectiousShadow said about HE an AP rounds on 2A42 an BMP-3

the 2A42 an BMP-3 autocannon 2A72 they are awfully loud when fired me have a friend who is the gunner of BMP-2 in Russia me one time visited him an was invited to see BMP-2 an BMP-3 an T-90 an T-72BM condutcion manuvers at an fire on move at a huge range.

first time was with my friend in BMP-2 an fired 2A42 AP round it was so loud me ears went ringing bad but me heard rounds hiting armored targets for example if took a MK103 30mm gun shoot hit B-17 makes a big clash bang through a tin can.

and HE round used for barrcated inf an unarmored targets the sound of HE is like frag garande on drugs makes a big boom sound when hits on impact.

my experice when i heard those cannons in real life with my friend must say that is one hell of a accorte cannon an really loud beast really loud think hear that weapon from 2km away an here it eco through woods in to town.

i found this on youtube: if move to 3:10 secends hear the PKM Cooax an the BMP-2 2A42 an later hear the T-80 fire its Cooax and main gun of 125mm gun:

just little help to you lord Jarhead.

i like your mod very much replaced old sounds on ARMA 2 ^^ really like your mod ^^

thanks here in japan to you ^^

Edited by Yuya88

really like the mod is really great..

few things missing as InfectiousShadow said about HE an AP rounds on 2A42 an BMP-3

the 2A42 an BMP-3 autocannon 2A72 they are awfully loud when fired me have a friend who is the gunner of BMP-2 in Russia me one time visited him an was invited to see BMP-2 an BMP-3 an T-90 an T-72BM condutcion manuvers at an fire on move at a huge range.

first time was with my friend in BMP-2 an fired 2A42 AP round it was so loud me ears went ringing bad but me heard rounds hiting armored targets for example if took a MK103 30mm gun shoot hit B-17 makes a big clash bang through a tin can.

and HE round used for barrcated inf an unarmored targets the sound of HE is like frag garande on drugs makes a big boom sound when hits on impact.

my experice when i heard those cannons in real life with my friend must say that is one hell of a accorte cannon an really loud beast really loud think hear that weapon from 2km away an here it eco through woods in to town.

i found this on youtube: if move to 3:10 secends hear the PKM Cooax an the BMP-2 2A42 an later hear the T-80 fire its Cooax and main gun of 125mm gun:

just little help to you lord Jarhead.

i like your mod very much replaced old sounds on ARMA 2 ^^ really like your mod ^^

thanks here in japan to you ^^

ã‚ã‚ŠãŒã¨ã†ã”ã–ã„ã¾ã™

Never thought once to have fans in Japan. Thank you for the video! :D

Jarhead

Thank you for fixing the supersonic cracks LordJarhead! So when the bullets come flying they will all make crackling sounds?

Also, listen to this bullet whiz

go to 0:56 seconds you hear it! :)

also watch this for some good bullet cracks in afganistan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4bKomQ2uBM&feature=related

go to 4:04 & then go to 8:35

Edited by MrAgentGuy

why nobody make games with realistic sounds like those videos? they always use hollywood style sound FX, they sound cheap or overexagerated, but never, never realistic sounds.... why? I hate that :s

Just wanna thank you for the greatest sound experience i ever had in ArmA2!

Keep on this great work!

Cheers.

for the same reason hollywood has hollywood style sound fx. its too much work to get it right, and they are on a schedule.

Just wanted to say this sound mod and HARCP with WARFX, all together at the same time, have just made my day. JUST SUPERB !

Hmm, strange... i was using HARCP some time ago, i could use it with JSRS because i only was hearing the HARCP sounds... so sry when i dont get this^^

But nice to hear you having fun with that. Maybe you can make a Video or something so we can see your JSRS/HARCP/WARFX mix soundings^^

Cheers

Thank you for fixing the supersonic cracks LordJarhead! So when the bullets come flying they will all make crackling sounds?

go to 4:04

In both cases, the loud "swish" is an RPG round passing, I believe. They are not supersonic, so no crack.

LordJarhead, a few minor details:

1. MAAWS could used improved sounds (still stock?).

2. FN-FAL desperately needs your love (still stock).

3. Shouldn't KSVK have a suppressed sound? Sounds like a small cannon right now.

4. I think smaller grenade explosions (m203/30mm/etc.) should be toned done just a bit and have more pop/clap and a little less bass to them.

Edited by akd42

go to 4:04 & then go to 8:35

Well, crackling sounds?

As i said: New Soniccracks, New Movement. Now listen:

I played around a bit and started an Multiplayer Round some minutes Ago. I was running with my Squad over open field. Some buildings in front of us. We just wanted to go to the Houses to have some cover and get an Idea of the enemy movement in the near. The rustle of things, a jingle is heard, the move of the arms of my colleagues! Steps in the tall grass. A few words are exchanged, and quietly passing. The wind was blowing around our ears. It was sunny, no raining. Clear skies, only a little wind. Flies and Moskitus around us. A few chirping in the grass. The buildings come closer. In a moment like that is totally free thought. We did not expect it, that something could happen.

Suddenly, the squad leader remains standing, sitting down and trying to say something. But he will not. Suddenly popping shots from distance. The balls race so close to my head by that I hardly understand my own thoughts when the crack comes. We go down into the high grass. we lie down. The wefts are multiplying, AK fire. Somewhere from the right? No time, we must cover. Continuously by a hiss of flying bullets. Explosion "Sonic Cracks", which bring me to that I will here simply go away as fast as possible. For sheer balls which turn left and right of me can not hear myself running, even my breath, I no longer hear. My colleagues scream, one was wounded.

Two more races to the building. I don't want to let him lie there. I'll throw a smoke grenade to give me some time. I grab my wounded comrade and drag him to the direction of the houses. More fire. A hostile PKM has encountered and devastated the landscape around me manipulates with relentless MG-Salvos. My head is exploding as the Sonic Cracks are almost always tight.

Almost done, the building is not far off. Boom! A violent explosion. So strong that I can still see only black. As I can see again, I look how I'm lying on the ground. My wounded comrade is dead, I'm wounded, bleeding. Can not bandage me here in the open field of fire. I have to make it to the houses. The rest of the squad opened fire on the mountain to our right. One, two, three M16 salvos, then M249 afterwards. The sonic cracks is milder. Heard they are a bit quieter and the echoes more loudly. They shoot at my two companions at the house. This is my chance, now or never. I get up and sprint off. Kaboom! One, two and a third, very hard and strong explosion tear me to pieces. Game Over.

After I was dead now, my ears were ringing. All was quiet, no sound to hear more, except for the tinnitus and a slight whistle in my ears.

Than i played again with a little firefight in a Village. OMG, sometimes, i cant believe this is my Work. The Soniccracks are so loud, so Cracking, you just don't want to be under fire. Its all i can say.

Up in the end, its not so great of course LOL^^ Yah, you will see, hear, for yourself.

why nobody make games with realistic sounds like those videos? they always use hollywood style sound FX, they sound cheap or overexagerated, but never, never realistic sounds.... why? I hate that :s

For something like this we have this great Community, with such superb modders like MarkIIIX, Cammy, VOP and so on with the greatest realism soundings ever. So i think my mod is more like Hollywood^^

But i will make an Realistic/Authentic mod after JSRS. Thought so, at least.

Just wanna thank you for the greatest sound experience i ever had in ArmA2!

Keep on this great work!

Cheers.

Haha, thanks, but you don't have to thank me. I am completely satisfied if you like the mod, all I want. :D:D

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

@akd42

I don't think the sound you hear at 0:56 is an RPG round.

Edited by Jonn

right jarhead .

for me the same we have a patrol then like a very loud wzizzzzz on my ear i scream in the ts WTF SNIPER!! really awesome. And nice ambient sound i was sitting in the grass and hear birds wind ...

you 2nd big project then huh ? ^^

@akd42

I don't think the sound you hear at 0:56 is an RPG round.

I hear a series of supersonic bullets passing then a loud swish towards the end of the series (@0:58). The swish sounds like an RPG. Sound in this video is not very good. Too bassy and missing higher range or something. I'll post this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN2Qk2Tbzo8&p=4CEE55A7BD47F3F0&playnext=1&index=3

Same sound.

Another:

Edited by akd42

right jarhead .

for me the same we have a patrol then like a very loud wzizzzzz on my ear i scream in the ts WTF SNIPER!! really awesome. And nice ambient sound i was sitting in the grass and hear birds wind ...

you 2nd big project then huh ? ^^

Yah, maybe. I think i should take a break after JSRS^^ But i have two complete other sound mods in stock. So when JSRS is done, it would be peace of cake to public two new mods. But they are not even close to the Level of JSRS.

So, when i done with that here, i would really like to make a mod like VOP. So nice, short real sounds... or so^^

Why would you spend the time making a Sound mod not as good as the one you made before. lol

Seems kinda...useless.

Why would you spend the time making a Sound mod not as good as the one you made before. lol

Seems kinda...useless.

No you get this wrong: I mean i have two mods in stock, and i COULD release them, but i dont want BECAUSE there not on the Level of JSRS.

The next mod, the "J.S.R.S. - rAs" Mod will just better than this, IF i really make a new one.