Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Well the PC footage looks good but the console footage looks like ass.

whats still apparent

Overdone Post Processing HDR lighting

overdone tracer effects

overdone dispersion shield to give the player a false sense of accomplishment, (surviving while being in the wide open) Sion lenton.

protip: console and pc version are the same.

:)

If you did an OFP RTS game it wouldn't be the shallow, dried husk of a sad parody of the original. The fact they've made a game that's directly comparable is what makes it so laughable. They're missing a big part of the OFP DNA: modability, support, and community. Good luck comparing unfavourably to every other triple A tac shooter out there.

Some of the rationalisation going on in that forums is giving me the giggles just looking at it.

"Will anyone find the mythical one shot kill? Will Hardcore mode feature "magic healing bags [sic]"? Will thumbtoes72 ever smile again? Find out next week on the Codemasters forums."

Edited by CameronMcDonald

That lighting is horrendous. I thought something was wrong with my monitor when parts of the video would suddenly flash florescent green. Arma 2 is borderline realistic with all those bright tracers, but here you have in bright, bright sunny weather, lurid splashes of putrid light overwhelming everything. It's not just the tracer but an enormous glow all around it. It looks like you are wearing NVGs.

And the muzzle flashes! In those same well-lit conditions, firing an M4 causes a blinding flash that completely obscures the ground for two meters in every direction. It's not just an overdone effect sprite, it's a floodlight, as if each shot is a flashbang when the muzzle flash shouldn't be visible at all.

These people are hopeless.

Yup you're right, I guess game rockets are mix of fragmentation and AT, strange stuff.
I'm not sure what part of the video you're referring to, but an RPG warhead creates a very limited number of large fragments that are lethal up to 200m away. That said, one can go off on your feet and leave you relatively unharmed. Edited by maturin

Some of the rationalisation going on in that forums is giving me the giggles just looking at it.

"Will anyone find the mythical one shot kill? Will Hardcore mode feature "magic healing bags [sic]"? Will thumbtoes72 ever smile again? Find out next week on the Codemasters forums."

Whats the comment about thumbtoes for?

This guy is just as delusional as Gaddafi.

Sion Lenton has been partying with Charlie Sheen for too long.

If you did an OFP RTS...

To a point such a thing already exists as a mod for C&C generals. Many of the devs said specificly that CWC was a great inspiration and you can tell it by the way some units speak and sounds from the game. Though more than that is the style, normally you have the ZH mods that add more units which is great and all but this changes everything.

For examples click the button below, lots of description.

One of the biggest changes is infantry, instead of the typical ZH standing position they can also go prone which slows movement but ups protection and accuracy, sometimes I think it stealths certain ones but I'm not too sure on that.

Buildings are relatively simple, composed of equipment and sandbags or dirt, concrete walls at most. I think as far as defense goes you build bunkers with machine guns or missile launchers, all of which require infantry.

Power is gone as well, replaced by oil which is collected by derricks, if you run out of oil your vehicles will cease function, a general power is emergency oil but it won't save you for too long.

Vehicles are also greately revamped, having slower speeds and multiple (and adjustable) ammo types such as SABOT and HEAT. In turn this makes tanks far more effective against infantry than before, switch to HEAT, let the tank fire and in one shot that soldier is gone. Tanks are also not the end all be all, they are the slowest unit.

CWC kind of shines through here when you see how tanks interact and overcome one another, for example an M60 slower and weaker than a T-72 but M1A1's eat T-72's for breakfast.

T-72 are cheap and quick to produce compared to abrams and Iirc even M60A3. Some tanks also have countermeasures, against AI you can get 2 shots off from an abrams without them hitting you if you fire, pop smoke then fire again.

Wheeled vehicles are also just as important, BRDM and HMMWV being fast and versatile in weapons from anti personel to anti armor, BMP's can actually cross water. Bradley's can stand on their own to a point..light armor is fine but tanks are riskey, if you can get one of the two TOW into the enemy tank you have a chance but if they get a single shot you are done for.

Air units are both more deadly and vulnerable, apache's are weaker and slower than the hinds but have more deadly weapons when it comes to tanks, being that the hellfire works more realisticly IE fired from long distance, 1 shot kill unless it is a T-80 with reactive armor iirc.

Chinooks can carry humvee's, russians get the Mi-26, anti air is far more deadly, a shilka eats the OH-6 for lunch and can harass apache's but the gadfly or M-34 will ground anything, and don't even THINK about bringing in air when an S-300 is deployed, that thing one shots damn near everything in the air, if it doesn't..all I know is I flew an A-10 over one and it get disentigrated.

Air is more diverse than standard ZH, both sides having anti air, F-16 and Mig-29, anti ground (Frogfoot and A-10) and to a point even intel and insertion units, Iirc russians even get airbone armor.

Artillery players an important but sideline role. The weaker of the two being Paladin and Gvozdika, shorter range and less accurate than the MLRS and GM-21. MLRS has the longest range and best accuracy but as many missiles.

The units also look very natural and more military IE less flashy, dull matte paint with nearly no reflectivity and to a point actually blend in with their surroundings and the damage seems very similar to the way CWC worked.

The units also look very natural and more military IE less flashy, dull matte paint with nearly no reflectivity and to a point actually blend in with their surroundings and the damage seems very similar to the way CWC worked.

Seriously, if you have ZH and haven't tried this mod you really should, here are some shots.

http://www.cold-war-crisis.de/gallery/usa_ingamewindow.php?11

http://www.cold-war-crisis.de/gallery/usa_ingamewindow.php?21

http://www.cold-war-crisis.de/gallery/usa_ingamewindow.php?44

http://www.cold-war-crisis.de/gallery/usa_ingamewindow.php?46

http://www.cold-war-crisis.de/gallery/ussr_ingamewindow.php?12

http://www.cold-war-crisis.de/gallery/ussr_ingamewindow.php?26

trailer

Did anyone else hear that guy say, 'If you want a game like the original Flashpoint, go play the game made by the original developers.' Or something like that. Now I don't have to hate them anymore.

This might be complete rubbish, but if its true then..... HAHAHAHA!

PvP Multiplayer isnt included at release, it may be added as DLC! at a future point if the game is succesful.

DLC!

Really, i cant believe these guys are still going at it.

Did anyone else hear that guy say, 'If you want a game like the original Flashpoint, go play the game made by the original developers.'

It should be mandatory that Codemasters place 'If you want a game like the original Flashpoint, go play the game made by the original developers' on the front of Red River's box cover.

Sion Lenton has been partying with Charlie Sheen for too long.

Don't insult Charlie Sheen please, he's got nothing on this guy :p

Whats the comment about thumbtoes for?

I've noticed that he's been a bit down lately. Poor devil.

It should be mandatory that Codemasters place 'If you want a game like the original Flashpoint, go play the game made by the original developers' on the front of Red River's box cover.

This.

“I don’t at all. I’m proud to have that name, that brand, and it’s got a great heritage. But it’s Codemasters’ IP, it’s our franchise, and it’s ours to do with what we will, and we want to blow it wide open. I don’t see any reason why we couldn’t make an Operation Flashpoint RTS game.

“You know, if people want to say ‘Ohh… but… bring back Flashpoint’, I’ll tell you- there are other games out there, made by the original developer, that do it! It’s like- play that game! No-one’s putting a gun to your head and making you play this game. Knock yourselves out!â€

I find these two paragraphs kind of contradict each other with the whole it's our franchise and idea but if you want flashpoint go to the original developers. I don't think the flashpoint is proud to have PR people like Sion.

That whole article was painful to read. The graphics aren't bad but watch shit hit the fan when people play the real thing.

In that video where the CH53 drops them off, is it bad that I was hoping he would get shot in the back climbing up that hill at the end?

Well unpleasant to hear as it seems, but to me it's sounds like CM trying to capture those target audience from console and maybe PC that loves a bit of authenticity and yet wants CoD style game play. Never know.. they might just have carved themselves a niche market also.

to me it's sounds like CM trying to capture those target audience from console and maybe PC that loves a bit of authenticity and yet wants CoD style game play.

Authenticity? Which part?

There are soldiers 'n baddies 'n guns 'n stuff..., thats pretty authentic :yay:

The "fun with facts" part instead of "facts without fun" if you read the interview.

LOL! Ok, that made me lose some morning coffee

Actually not a bad look, kinda of a Sgt. Peppers Lonely.....

[iG] shoop-1.jpg?t=1299168434 [/img]

Pure epic win Richey79, perfect!:D

Edited by Placebo