Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Well not a big surprise ... It's still console friendly .

Oh and the user comments are just to much :))

Oh Yes they are, People calling each other n00bs because they have a different opinion of the game....

I've been watching the videos and reading the previews.

...is it me, or is there a lot of friendly fire going on, from AI that seem to slide on castor wheels in front of the player?

If I ever get around to playing this, the first thing I am going to do is to stand still, and watch what the AI do. I've got this feeling that they'll just keep sliding around from wall to wall like they've got the fleas of a thousand camels in their underdrawers.

I suppose it could be because the players who have been taking the videos are pretty much total rubbish.

Yup, was just reading that.

Why do they still have fans after such things?

Well, they're insulting the PC Sim fans... the original fans of OFP. They said without reservation that these are not the people they're marketing to. Obviously they don't give a shit about the people they are alienating, so it's no sweat of their backs. I hope all those original OFP hangers-on at the CM forums are eating their hats.

So basically Sion is saying that he doesn´t like milsims, that all those who like them should play arma, and that arma is not fun. Well Yeah, regarding his playstile, he would be dead after only a few seconds in arma.

But dudes, the Video proof of Arma beeing fun is really great

1oPzNYpXzxU

I want to play that Mission, where can I get it? Did they finish the Machinegun goats version? :D

Looks like our favourite friend has been talking out loud again... Oh Sion Lenton when will you go away:

Operation Flashpoint: Red River creative director doesn’t “get much fun out of military simulationsâ€

nice.....

find stalker :D Where does the sucker even comes from?

and what's with all the we aim for authenticity , not realism bullshit from CM?

Edited by PuFu

nice.....

find stalker :D Where does the sucker even comes from?

and what's with all the we aim for authenticity , not realism bullshit from CM?

The guy is clearly an idiot. Its really obvious that he is regretting everything now, and is possibly loosing his mind. Some strange comments there...

ROFLMFAO.

Each consecutive time that guy opens his mouth, the drivel becomes more delusional and, in a word, stupid.

The fact that they are now actively attacking ArmA just goes to show what a shoddy, pathetic and second rate product DR was and RR more than likely is.

Promoting your own game is one thing but to attack a vastly superior product by saying it's 'too realistic' is the height of ignorance.

If he doesn't like realistic, I suppose the infantry units in his game will be wielding super soakers and the tanks will be firing pink throw cushions.

What a tool :rolleyes:

Is the idea of ArmA to be realistic, is it not? Have I been playing this game wrong? :/

Is the idea of ArmA to be realistic, is it not? Have I been playing this game wrong? :/

Considering that authentic and realistic (realism) are synonyms...no.

Considering that authentic and realistic (realism) are synonyms...no.

LOL, :butbut:

LOL. this guy is just crazy, could someone post that Sion Lenton/Ghaddaffi picture again?

I can't follow the link because its all blocked at work, but if he really did say "Arma is too realistic" and "not fun" surely thats just an attack on BI?.

I can't follow the link because its all blocked at work, but if he really did say "Arma is too realistic" and "not fun" surely thats just an attack on BI?.

here it is:

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising’s creative director, Sion Lenton, thinks military simulations are “immersive†and “realistic†but not necessarily “fun.â€

Speaking to PC Gamer, Sion directed gamers yearning for an accurately simulated warzone towards Bohemia Interactive’s ArmA series, and claimed that PC is “Not the market to be in.â€

Ooo-rah indeed.

Sion Lenton was Executive Producer on Codemaster’s Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, released in 2009. PC Gamer described it as “An attractive and powerful sim that spoils itself by trying too hard to be a straightforward military shooter.â€

We asked Sion about that decision to move even further away from the series roots with the follow-up: “We want to steer away from the idea that it’s a simulation; we’ve banned the word in the studio. Authentic is fine, as it gives you some leeway to be creative, and that’s what we are. We’re creative, we’re making an entertainment product, and it should be fun. I don’t really get much fun out of military simulations. They’re immersive, they’re realistic, but I wouldn’t call them fun.

“If you want simulation, then it’s out there; go play ArmA. We wanted to do something different, in our own space, and we don’t want the Op Flash brand tied down to simulation.â€

I’d argue that it is possible to have fun in ArmA, even though it’s an unforgiving beast. Evan has video proof. What’s even more odd about the comments is that ArmA developers Bohemia Interactive are responsible for the first game in the OpFlash series, Cold War Crisis. By 2001’s standards, it provided unparalleled scale and extensive realism. The developer left the Operation Flashpoint name behind at Codemasters when it switched publisher.

Sion also didn’t seem enthused by our platform of choice either, despite some high profile developers considering it to be one of their strongest assets: “As great as PCs are, from a sales point of view, it’s not the market. There’s a bigger market out there and if you get success you can start to experiment more. You need to get the sales under your belt, and then that gives you the freedom to do other things.â€

Operation Flashpoint: Red River is due for release on April 21 in Europe and April 26 in the US. For more information read our Operation Flashpoint: Red River preview, or watch the latest trailer. What do you think of Sion’s comments? Ever managed to have fun in a simulation?

Well, BI attacked CM also on those news and videos at ANN. But at least was funny.

The only reason for the hate for this game is the "Operation Flashpoint" on the cover, right? Otherwise would be just another mainstream shooter for "us". Or am I wrong? (Happened to me with R6 and GR also...)

Well, BI attacked CM also on those news and videos at ANN. But at least was funny.

The only reason for the hate for this game is the "Operation Flashpoint" on the cover, right? Otherwise would be just another mainstream shooter for "us". Or am I wrong? (Happened to me with R6 and GR also...)

If it did not have OFP in its title I would care about as much as I do about their racing games. I do not own any racing games. A jolly hoorah oscar mike to everyone, and a happy new year.

"and we don’t want the Op Flash brand tied down to simulation.â€

Awwwww, they don't want the brand that they had nothing to do with creating 'tied down' to simulation even though that is exactly why OFP (the BIS one) was so ridiculously successful.

This guy needs to get back on his meds ... now.

I can be one hundred percent constructive and say that Sion Lenton is a lier. He did mislead a lot of people with dragon rising plus that he actually promoted Dragon Rising as the official sequel to Cold war crisis.

However, this guy seems to have a very blurred vision.

In Dragon Rising he was talking all about realism there, realism here, and now, he suddenly change the formula completely by saying that It's not about being a military simulation, with the though that such games creates ''barriers to entry'' for other players.

Simulation games do create some small barriers for other players because they're to realistic - but that doesn't mean that the game itself won't be succesfull. Sion Lenton should ask himself the question why people still play Cold War Crisis, ten years after it's release, and why it went so popular - even though it's ten times more realistic than Sions Dragon Rising.

The answer is very simple. Because CWC was a very polished game in overall, obviously developed with passion and not with the intention of making a quick buck as fast as possible, and therefore, the game is great.

It isn't really that hard to figure out.

Oh, I might just add; The story about Cold war crisis and Dragon Rising reminds me a lot about Mafia and mafia 2 - basicly the same story there.

What really is annoying is that people at redriver forums seems to know all about the lies that has been told, and all about the removed features etc. but they still forgive and want to buy the game.

What really is annoying is that people at redriver forums seems to know all about the lies that has been told, and all about the removed features etc. but they still forgive and want to buy the game.

Blind Morons? or Just a different "Breed" of gamer?

Well, what can of "breed of gamer", per se, still agrees to buy a video game at full price after they are lied to about it over and over and over again?

To be honest, I don't think that Codemasters wants to make a game that competes with their other products ten years down the road. I think the modern thinking is if you create a game with a good but short and unsatisfying single player experience, players who are into that will always be primed to pick up the next instalment (which is being cranked out by a farm studio in staggered parallel).

People accepted what happened with DR; so do CM. And now their not telling lies, they're not misleading and selling it as a military sim like DR. There's none of that this time.

So everyone on the RR forums are giving the devs a second chance - unlike anyone here.

I do find it funny that alot of the PC gamers over on the Codemasters forums play games like I do, a wide variety. And RR just falls into an area of a genre we might (or might not) enjoy to play.

It's not about being blind, a fanboy or stupid. It's about whether you like the genre and trust the dev team (that term, can mean a varied meaning. As we have seen)

After the endless stream of nonsense that has come out of that guy's mouth, no intelligent person is going to take him seriously.

I play many different games across several genres as well but that doesn't magically increase my gullibility.

JFTR, I never game them any chance, first or otherwise. They are trying to make money on the back of someone else's hard work, and to add insult to injury, they are now denegrating their own franchise name in the hopes of drumming up sales.

If they'd just used another name, I wouldn't have so much of a problem with it (Well, it still wouldn't be very good, but there is no shortage of that around these days so I can't hold Codemasters solely responsible :D)

I wouldn't take a copy of that crap if they paid me

Edited by BangTail