Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

^^

Avoiding the tedium is as easy as an absent mouse click....

Personally I find this thread a good equalizer to CM's pages chock full of "This is awsome! Gonna be awesome!!!"

A few (or less) of the guys who've already played RR have given a more honest pros and cons review -but many prefer the "awesome!" route when questioned or silence if the answer would ruin that party feeling.

in Germany you don't have April Fools ?

we have 1-st April, that's why i said it could be proper release date for CM

I know, thats why I said that would be awesome. Release on the 1.4 would fit this game so well...

Please watch the gameplay-trailer again and around 0:17 check the left and see a soldier ragdolling around :)

Love all the hollywood smear over this whole video :P

And WHY, WHY!!!! is there video-distortion at 0:12?! is this another video-documentary-esque storyline?

So... that's my rant in this thread untill it's re-opened again :D

I think Mr. Lenton and co. are very proud of their sky-boxes, bloom and digital video artifacts.

The five regulars on their forums also seem to appreciate them.

GFWL: OMFG!!1! Multi-player might almost reach the heady heights of quality it did when they used Quazal.

*Red-River's 'Engaging Story' Revealed*:

Act 1: "I sho' as shit don't know what I'm doin' here, muddafugga!" "Stow that shit, corporal. I remember when I was just a boy in Motor City, running with a bad crew. Life in the core gave me a second chance. Bore... drivel... platitude #327." Generic 'insurgents', copy-pasted from various other companies' games pop into existence 50 metres away from the player. They proceed to stand in the middle of the road until shot. With their backs turned. The sky-box looks like Eyjafjallajokull has been teleported to TakTajikistan.

Act 2: "Oorah!" "Oscar Mike!" "How copy? Solid copy!" "Oscar Mike!" "How copy? Solid copy!" "Oorah!" "Shit - them's the PLA: the biggest army on the planet! I ain't paid for this! Zowee, I shore wish I was back in Wyomin'." "Son, you're a marine, now stow that shit!" The player has to shuffle between some cargo containers and play whack-a-mole with PLA soldiers who look suspiciously like exactly the same as the PLA clone army of the first game. The sky-box looks like a cross between a particularly luridly-coloured section of Rapture and the effluence that results from a night on the alcopops.

Act 3: "America - Fuck yeah!" "I ever tell you about the time Keith tried to deep-fry a turkey?" The player now faces PLA 'spec-ops'. The player remembers vaguely that Lenton promised they would have uber-AI, but can't tell because fifty of them spawn around the corner with two tanks and their tactics consist of running directly at the player's fire-team. If you look closely at the sky-box for this act, you can see Frodo in the process of dropping the ring into Mount Doom.

According to Zarif; There's... quite a bit of swearing involed.

Pretty much sums up the whole Marine storyline usage.

I see the all-healing magic first aid kit is still there, unanimated.

Yeah I guess I got my hopes up too much, it looks ludicrously easy.

In all fairness most of these press guys probably play the game on the lowest difficulty. I've heard many times that despite being the guys always called to play these new games on display for reports, they are some of the worst gamers ever. :p

On the other hand, if they kept the same definition for difficulty as they had with DR, then the difficulty setting shouldn't be affecting the AI at all, in which case is it just me or did the AI get dumber?

is it just me or did the AI get dumber?

The AI's reaction time was infinitely slow, at times they looked almost frozen, he practically could have walked over and strangled them to death.

I see the all-healing magic first aid kit is still there, unanimated.

I like how in the beginning of the video he gets shot like 5 times and all that happens is some directional red flashing, then he finally kills the enemy and there's a blood splatter three times the size of the victim that shoots up.

Realism baby.

Realism baby.

No no no, they're going for authenticity this time. It's different. I swear!

:rolleyes:

best gameplay video i have ever seen in a while. shows clearly what CM is aiming for :0 cheers for sharing burger! (couldn't help it cam) :rolleyes:

i wonder when will some of the CM fanatics cut themselves then stare at a medic kit hoping to get some "life" back...

Lol he got hit in the head and just healed himself, like in DR. Although, I have to say, the game looks decent. However, I hate it when noobs like that play it in presentations. He was just low. I couldnt watch entire vid.

Remember that Arma 2 with extended armor is basically the same if you're a medic or close to one. ;)

Unlimited medi-packs for every soldier (5 seconds to fully heal despite wounds) even in Hardcore mode....

Many were in an upcry until one creative poster decided that a good idea for coop would be to use self restraint with the packs as a solution which drew this response from Dev

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/457397-should-implemented-hardcor-please-read-devs-2.html#post6940132

:butbut:

So make the game insanely easy and then ask the more hardcore player to use moar self-discipline.

What happened to "lets make the game hard and ask players to adjust to our learning curve"...you know, challenging fun. I dont recall too many DR players asking for an easier time :rolleyes:

I was going to post this there but Im sure I'd get das boot along with "go play arma2 you realism freak!"

I was going to post this there but Im sure I'd get das boot along with "go play arma2 you realism freak!"

Funny you should mention that. I was massively tempted to post the following in this thread, What are the components of a perfect Operation Flashpoint?,

- Someone else developing it.

...but I fear the community's 10 or so members might have jumped down my throat.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

...but I fear the community's 10 or so members might have jumped down my throat.

Trolling has a price. But it's totally worth it.

Unfortunately, the time has passed. By now, Codemasters' community members, moderators, and staff have already read CMcD's intent in the course of their regular lurking. No doubt, he has already been shadow banned.

The fact that players are already trying to find ways to close the exploit (game design) and basically make the game harder before it has even come out don't bode too well.