Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Really... where to download those mods making it playable?

They 'mod' game files, that change the AI, Weapon values and types and things like PostProcessing and effects.

Not full blown modding like you get in ArmA.

HAHAHAHAAHHAA Just saw the Intro to Failpoint Red River, All I got to say was it was very well done.

Especially the ending with the Marines screaming ''Hooray!''.

Terrible. Really.

Well, templars ai mod helps, so does the improved lighting and higher entity limits. Right now there is a group working on the database adding, changing things. Hellfires to attack helicopters, small victory.

http://www.xfire.com/video/445e33/

Ahhh so we are talking about tweaks.... i thought there was actually mods making it playable, silly me :rolleyes:

Especially the ending with the Marines screaming ''Hooray!''.

Terrible. Really.

They say "Oorah!" which is probably the most realistic-sounding part of that entire video, even if the term itself is ridiculously over-used by military-based game writers...

They say "Oorah!" which is probably the most realistic-sounding part of that entire video, even if the term itself is ridiculously over-used by military-based game writers...

Ohh i thought it was "hooray", like in hooray the video is over :confused:

A MARINE Squad is composed of 3 fireteams (of four SOLDIERS each) and commanded by a squad leader.

No... Fucking... Way...

FPDR

Edited by Laqueesha

Game looks insanely arcadey and linear! Almost like a rip off of GRAW!

These last two videos immediately made me think of GRAW 2, but with less action and variety (and far easier).

No, less action does NOT mean it's more tactical (lookee here; I can use an apostrophe properly!). You had to direct your team far more in GRAW 2: - in this, you could just tell them to follow you and then ignore them, apart from the occasional magical medi-kit patch up.

The dialogue is...wow. I mean it's...how...

Wow...

LE EDIT: "Press and hold A to bleed out faster"

LOLWUT

Edited by CW001

Come on, surely your average Marine knows the CIA helped the Taliban back in the Russian-Afghan War, as well as the fact that bin Laden has been targeting his own people...

... This game seems to make the people it's trying to portray out to be morons, rather than dignify/glorify them.

Well, actually the Taliban didn't exist back then.

And @ the gameplay videos:

MY EYES! THE BLOOM! IT BURNS!

Edited by RangerPL

I don't know if it's already here, but I don't think so:).

New dev diary:

n-_8EEyCQl8

One thing i have to say, i think the music is brilliant, the theme is really catchy. Especially the last 30 seconds of the video.

One thing i have to say, i think the music is brilliant, the theme is really catchy. Especially the last 30 seconds of the video.

Can't really argue there - the music isn't bad. Unfortunately, a crap game with good music is still a crap game.

Originally Posted by Codemasters

A MARINE Squad is composed of 3 fireteams (of four SOLDIERS each) and commanded by a squad leader.

No... Fucking... Way...

FPDR

Goes to show how much they actually researched the Marines...

Well, is ArmA really any more realistic in regards to force composition?

I wasn't aware that Arma had any kinds of limitations in that regard.

you have to wonder though. How did that idiot get his hands on the game?

Hm trying to mimc Bad company's music intro I see, not a bad thing but the problem is that it set the tone for the game, you heard that and you had an idea that "Hey this game is going to be laid back and more based on a kind of humor" And how horrible the script is cannot even be described as funny, it's literal verbal dihar

In RR it just doesn't work, also who wrote this script, did they get inspiration from 4chan.

Decided to record how many times they swear in the first 15 minute video and what swears they are..the number is..(excluding dick and hell) and that number is 47, one word said 23 times..take a guess.

Here be the stats, WARNING FOUL LANGUAGE.

23X fuck

8 x bitch

11x shit

1 x fag

9 x ass

3x damn

1 x douche

Now don't get me wrong, I am no mormon and I swear more than I probably should but no person I know, soldier or not, Marine or Army, swears that excessively in casual conversation, for the record the F word was said only combat 'only' twice. Oh I see..the "Under fire!" command is now "It's gettin F'd!" ...how Nice.

Edited by NodUnit

Goes to show how much they actually researched the Marines...
I wasn't aware that Arma had any kinds of limitations in that regard.

Now, here's why people throw around the 'fanboi' epithet. Devil Dog is calling out Codemasters for not doing their homework, and then I'm saying that BI hasn't shown that they really have either. Then, MadDogX comes around the corner saying that there's no real limitations. While one I guess is preferable to the other, that's not what we were talking about. We were talking about homework. It's actually more probable that both companies have done at least some homework on the subject however the demands of the gameplay they are after proclude the use of that information.

I think the douchiness of being all MARINES! OORAH! sort of matters. They've released almost fifteen minutes of embarrassingly, uniform-sniffingly bad voiceovers, and *then* they come out with the blanket statement "A marine squad is..."

Now, here's why people throw around the 'fanboi' epithet. Devil Dog is calling out Codemasters for not doing their homework, and then I'm saying that BI hasn't shown that they really have either. Then, MadDogX comes around the corner saying that there's no real limitations. While one I guess is preferable to the other, that's not what we were talking about. We were talking about homework. It's actually more probable that both companies have done at least some homework on the subject however the demands of the gameplay they are after proclude the use of that information.

Wait, I thought the purpose of the original post was to point out that marines weren't 'dogfaces'?

I don't know what that is, but I think Devil Dogs SF is pretty literal.

I don't know what that is, but I think Devil Dogs SF is pretty literal.

The idea is that marines aren't soldiers and it is an insult to call them that. That is why 'marine' and 'soldiers' are bolded caps in the original post I would think. I don't see anything about force composition from Devil Dogs either?

Edited by MrBump