Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Great, now every kid who plays this game is going to believe the conspiracy theory about Osama being a CIA Agent...

That's an incredible amount of stereotypes they managed to fit it there :).

> see IED

> get told about IED

> warned multiple times to back off

> walks right up to the IED

> IED explodes (notice how his body disappears immediately, and not because of the explosion)

This is what you get when you try to sell even a semi-realistic game to the COD generation, CM. FPDR

I was laughing so fucking hard at that part, I mean are these people seriously braindead or what?

OOOOOOO SHINNY CAR MUST GO TOWARDS IT, BOOM I DIED, THIS GAME SUCKS ITS TOOOO HARD..... :rolleyes:

The retards are always the first to get their hands on any games these days, No wonder...

IMO this game has better animation(more natural),especially face anims,then Arma 2.But the rest of this game looks like shiCOD 4-5-6:boring arcade gameplay and terrible color correction.This is mockery on Operation Flashpoint name

Why are all the Marines rednecks?
In A2 too,remember Robo's jokes :D Edited by woore

IMO this game has better animation(more natural),especially face anims,then Arma 2.

Barring the face anims, which barely matter, how do people always miss the gun waggling around in the middle of a camera like a retarded Mexican jumping bean? No one bloody runs like that.

Arma 2 has very good animations, when they are actual motion capture. It's just the miscellaneous 30% that are bloody disgraceful. If we had full reload anims, most people wouldn't even notice.

Arma 2 has very good animations, when they are actual motion capture. It's just the miscellaneous 30% that are bloody disgraceful. If we had full reload anims, most people wouldn't even notice.

Yes but face animations are still too simply.Also Arma game is missing close combat(but it's rare in modern combats).And weapon modifications;really,create model of,an example,M4 rifle with attachment points,then-M203 grenade launcher model,ACOG,Aimpoint,Holo and other scopes,and other accessories is more simply,then create M4 ACOG,M4 ACOG SD,M4 ACOG M203 etc. models separately.Give me this features in Arma,and i will be HAPPY:yay:

Close combat in Arma does take a lot of getting used to. But barring weapon collision issues, the amount of control you have over your avatar means you would dominate someone controlling a CoD avatar(assuming they actually had recoil and sway). It would be hilarious to see them skating uncontrollably past corners into your line of fire.

Yes but face animations are still too simply.Also Arma game is missing close combat(but it's rare in modern combats).And weapon modifications;really,create model of,an example,M4 rifle with attachment points,then-M203 grenade launcher model,ACOG,Aimpoint,Holo and other scopes,and other accessories is more simply,then create M4 ACOG,M4 ACOG SD,M4 ACOG M203 etc. models separately.Give me this features in Arma,and i will be HAPPY:yay:

I agree but what does that have to do with the animations though? Thats all configuration.

The AI still needs significant work in CQB scenarios in arma 2, I often find them just running blindly around or just taking a knee when they cant find me.

Wow, Codies. Just watched the first 15 minutes video of this game and, wow. Simply wow. I can´t express my amazement at how fantastic this game is.

Now excuse me while I go back to watching my little pony. Need something to compensate for the distilled awesome of RR. Wow.

Wow

Wow, Codies. Just watched the first 15 minutes video of this game and, wow. Simply wow. I can´t express my amazement at how fantastic this game is.

Now excuse me while I go back to watching my little pony. Need something to compensate for the distilled awesome of RR. Wow.

Wow

Insta, its ok to bag out this terrible attempt at a computer game, CM deserve it.

But leave MLP out of it please. Your sarcasm is not necessary. :p

The opening scene... oh... I have no words... it's just sooo... wow. Are they deliberately trying to portray US Marines as total idiots? Or did CM do some market research and found out that this is the way to go to impress the 13-year olds? If I were a Marine, I would be ashamed, protest, start a petiton and threaten with lawsuits for public humiliation... like any good American would do :)

i'm already sick and sore from getting my tonsils and my adnoids out, they gave me powerful drugs but this, i think has really slowed down my recovery

Edited by ArmAriffic

man, i just watched that "first 15" vid (en). dont know really what to say. that bombastic in yourface text was just ridiculous. i mean yeah, infantry act and talk like that, but damn, that was just overdone. like way overdone

and even in just the first 15 i already saw a few inconsistencies!

i dont know marine lingo too well, but im pretty sure you dont use the full rank when addressing some one. (but cant marines refer to NCOs as sir? or has full metal jacket lied to me?)

it sound both odd and demeaning to call some one or a higher rank that you by their full rank

why hello staff sargent smith!

eh..? what the hell is wrong with you?

yes sargent first class!

private, are you trying to piss me off?

plus they call mr staff sargent both the squad leader and platoon sargent! what is he?!

and when the mortars fall they say it comes from an abandoned village, then when they get there, "no civis around, baaad juju!"

PLUS when driving SSG says the mortars have been falling for the past HOUR. it happened like a min ago!

if i was in that squad i would be doing so many damn pushups. cannot stand soldiers who are that full of them selves. its really hard to follow some one you have no respect for, no? i mean the player character is playing a team leader, so he should be a sargent (E5). is this SSG really this disrespectful to a fellow NCO? really? without any sort of reason why? hes just a dick to be a dick? he is only one grade higher.

id say i appreciate the attempt a infantry like banter, but i dont. its done rather... poorly, and make them look like idiots.

so like you guys say, aimed squarely at those 13 year olds, or cod-tards

definitely looks like a certain fish game we all like to look down on :p

and no i will not rewrite this post to make it coherant. FPDR does not deserve it

I hate games that are filled with unlikable characters.

It's like the whole corps is made up of Kane and Lynch.

Look at Robo from Harvest Red: I probably wouldn't want to have a drink with the man, but he was a rounded and believable character. Someone you would be fairly happy to rely on to perform his job properly.

Plus, so many protocol and factual errors it's pretty much an achievment in itself.

Come on, surely your average Marine knows the CIA helped the Taliban back in the Russian-Afghan War, as well as the fact that bin Laden has been targeting his own people...

... This game seems to make the people it's trying to portray out to be morons, rather than dignify/glorify them.

Other 2 parts from "idiot guy" playing. (The one that walked into the VBIED after being told on numerous occasions not to)

6MZNejLrai0

pt.3.

IzgCvEV1sSE

This is probably the first time both the CM and BIS community unanimously agreed on something - this guy sucks.

At least you could make something playable out of DR through modding, with even more limited ways to edit RR, this game is utter crap.

This is probably the first time both the CM and BIS community unanimously agreed on something - this guy sucks.

I agree on that

At least you could make something playable out of DR through modding...

Really... where to download those mods making it playable?

Really... where to download those mods making it playable?

Well, templars ai mod helps, so does the improved lighting and higher entity limits. Right now there is a group working on the database adding, changing things. Hellfires to attack helicopters, small victory.

http://www.xfire.com/video/445e33/