Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I actually liked Dragon Rising and defended for it even though it didnt even have everything it promised.....then i discovered Arma 2. It was funny how the closer it got to release the more stuff was being taken out. Mission editor? Only for PC. Demo? PC only! Animations? Nope. PvP? Ya OH WAIT......uhh no.

I thought it was a good game. First "mil sim" (ya right) I ever played. Then I became a PC gamer.

I actually liked Dragon Rising and defended for it even though it didnt even have everything it promised.....then i discovered Arma 2. It was funny how the closer it got to release the more stuff was being taken out. Mission editor? Only for PC. Demo? PC only! Animations? Nope. PvP? Ya OH WAIT......uhh no.

I thought it was a good game. First "mil sim" (ya right) I ever played. Then I became a PC gamer.

Yeah welcome to the dark side. LOL:D

I thought for a short time after purchasing DR 'I may actually like this'. Visually it was smooth.

But, no weather, random bad guys or side missions. Blandness. Then one thing kept slowly creeping into the back of my head. What this game is missing is Arma 2 and all of it's features. Waited for someone to maybe come out with some type of Dynamic Campaign for it... but nothing. Un-install.

Red River... Ah yes. Let's see. If they paid me to take a copy of RR off their hands I would take it and use it for a coaster.

Codemasters blew it for tactical shooters.

I actually still have DR.

Come on you can do it:

P1030403.JPG

:D I would but my friend loves the game ( wtf o_0). I showed him Arma 2 but he went from this 0_0 to this -_-. Got bored of it too quickly but we play games in the same room. Im on the computer while hes on the PS3 playing CoD or DR. He got too bored with Arma 2 but whenever im in a battle hes like OOOHHHH PRETTY, then goes back to playing Doodoo Rising. Its definently an acquired taste.

@ SolidSnake

No offense to your friend, but his reactions are typical I'm afraid. Arma 2 (BIS) is made for thinkers. It's a tactical simulator.

To the non-thinker, spending 5 minutes in the air flying to the infil zone is a waste. For the Arma player it's exactly what makes us take the game more seriously and thereby gain training value from it. It's what gives bad decisions in the game a "risk."

To the non-thinker, silence is horror. To the Arma player, those calm moments at dusk right after a HALO insert are golden. As the virtual wind blows we start to move quietly through the grass towards our objective.

Long Live Arma! Long Live BI!

^^^

Reminds me of my old redneck beer guzzling, duck huntin Uncle Harry

- "Hey Uncle Harry, wanna play Poker?"

"Nah, I hate thinkin games"

-"Hey Uncle Harry, you want some pie?"

"I hate Pie"

-"Hey Uncle Harry, you wanna watch Braveheart?"

"I hate cryin movies"

True story.

Come on you can do it:

P1030403.JPG

;)

wish them all the worst.

I laughed pretty hard when I saw this:

that sound-track

:D:eek::bounce3::cool::D

I laughed pretty hard when I saw this:

[noparse]

auJP1P_4sVk

[/noparse]

If that was RR's official soundtrack, at least it would have had less swearing. :D

Soundtrack names in case anyone was wondering:

1. Dialogs for the more grownups

2. Hit 'em up (bitchtits version)

3. Inbred Dipshit

4. Motherfucker

5????

6. A bunch of shitty Knox banging cocksuckers

7. Lick my boots, c**t

8. You fucked up fucking motherfucker

9. You piece of fucking shit marine raping motherfucking shitty cocksucker fuck fuck fuck shit cock

:D:D:D

Who is the owner of RedRiverChannel anyway?

Who is the owner of RedRiverChannel anyway?

CM mod(s)* thinks it's "Cypher" (which he probably figured out from a PM I dropped him a while back asking if he was)

But the fact RedRiverChannel has lasted so long at this point, has made me think otherwise as most people *here* have given up on bashing the game itself, and just poke fun at it now and again.

Probably just some mislead guy who actually bought RR :p

*I will not name the said mod(s), as that would be unfair, so do not ask.

Edited by Ben_S

Here is the final version from the unreleased Launch Trailer from OPF2...

Improvements:

Maximum Grafik

Maximum Sound

Maximum Style

Maximum Realistic

AND dynamic adjustment to the player-skill :yay:

I must have I must have I must have... DAMN!

vIOEIZEcyIM

1. Dialogs for the more grownups

2. Hit 'em up (bitchtits version)

3. Inbred Dipshit

4. Motherfucker

5????

6. A bunch of shitty Knox banging cocksuckers

7. Lick my boots, c**t

8. You fucked up fucking motherfucker

9. You piece of fucking shit marine raping motherfucking shitty cocksucker fuck fuck fuck shit cock

7. Lick my boots, c**t

:raisebrow:

I watched a gameplay video for Red River and the cursing was terrible. Every other word was an expletive. I believe it was only the first 10 minutes of the campaign that I watched.

I also went and looked at the codemasters forums, and it's unbelievable how idiotic some of the people are. I found a post about a guy asking for a OFP:CWC remake.....it's as if half of the people there don't know the real story about who made Operation Flashpoint, what ArmA is, or even who BIS is. That is sad. I know a lot of people don't even understand or know the Developer/Publisher concept. Just because it's got (For Example) "Bohemia Interactive" on the box doesn't mean it was made by them and anything else they "make" is going to be good. But most people don't get that...

But oh well, BIS is making quite the name for themselves with their current games (ArmA I, ArmA II + DLC) and their upcoming games (TOH, Command Carrier, ArmA III). With those three games alone, they are reaching out to quite a large audience.

Edited by Nicholas

I don't think any of the RR programmers have children.

The swearing is pretty constant for the entire game. Some of the words got laughs from my mates but had any kids entered the room we would have had to have quit playing.

I meant to say that it was only the first 10 minutes of the game that I watched. Not that the cursing was every other word for the first ten minutes.

I was just so surprised that those ten minutes, which was the beginning of the campaign, included so many expletives.

I don't think any of the RR programmers have children.

The swearing is pretty constant for the entire game. Some of the words got laughs from my mates but had any kids entered the room we would have had to have quit playing.

It's not the programmers that write or act the dialogue but I know what you mean!