Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Thw hole thing is aimed at 13 year olds. I mean, just look at the language, the extreme blood (liek where he ran around a corner and an enemy came up from behind so he shoot him in the leg and there was this giant blood fontaine)

EDIT: Did you hear the ROE? Shoot everyone who looks like he might have an AK, a radio or even a cellphone......

Jesus...

You look like a member of the USMC, and act like under the ROE of the Waffen SS. Brilliant. Bring on the nazi communist zombies! (actually, no matter how poorly implemented, that would be an improvement over the existing game.

Well, the PMC campaign isn't much better at color diversity.

Jesus, this is a lot worse than I expected it to be. All this swearing, and the german localisation is just terrible....

I could have certainly done without all the swearing in the first one.

Some people love it. I do not.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

You look like a member of the USMC, and act like under the ROE of the Waffen SS.

Got to give them credit for that.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Thw hole thing is aimed at 13 year olds. I mean, just look at the language, the extreme blood (liek where he ran around a corner and an enemy came up from behind so he shoot him in the leg and there was this giant blood fontaine)

The same again.

Some people love gore. I do not.

Brothers in Arms is another example of a "realism" game that was let down by too much love of splatter.

I like Soldier of Fortune. That had good gore. But for me it doesn't sit will with titles attempting to take the subject matter seriously.

I expect it's aimed at 16-24 year olds rather than 13 year olds. They certainly liased with their online community over swearing and gore last time, and by far and above most responses were calling for much more of it and not less.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

To be honest, 4 actually makes some sense on consoles. You can play with 4 People one console, right? But limiting it on only four is a really stupid thing for such an game. (Especially if you remember the true OFP: CWC and how many players it could handle, does anyone need more proof that this game is not a real sucessor?)

For me 4 is about enough.

My room is set up for 6 and I have capacity for another 2 if needs be.

R6 Vegas is 4 player. R6 Vegas 2 is only 2 player.

The Regiment was 4 player.

Hidden and Dangerous 2 was 4 player.

I quite often play games with 4 players. That's enough for me to want to pay attention to the title.

It's a good number.

Hidden and Dangerous 2 was 4 player.
Damn. I have to tell the other 4 on the server to go :(
They certainly liased with their online community over swearing and gore last time, and by far and above most responses were calling for much more of it and not less.
More gore means grenades removing limbs, ripping people apart or more detailed damage system like in SoF, not "more blood zomgz". And I guess that's what people want (gore in arma2? sure, I'd love to!), but we all know how this gonna end up in game, right? Especially, in game FACTORIES like the one we talk about, they never change anything because of customer during the development, they go by the plan\schedule. They don't care.
For me 4 is about enough.
Sure. We prefer more like a platoon.
It's a good number
For starters. For OFP & ArmA veterans, it's a joke.
I expect it's aimed at 16-24 year olds rather than 13 year olds. They certainly liased with their online community over swearing and gore last time, and by far and above most responses were calling for much more of it and not less.
Wake up, man. In todays world, the 20+ people swear less then 13 y olds. And covering up how crappy game You play with "shits" and "fucks" is simply... lame. And who do You think gets more excited about packed up Marine talkin' all dirty?

Yeah. Jonathan Davis one time said something like: "Put some bad words in, they will buy it. Kids love foul language", and I think he was right.

Edited by JonPL

Not that the actural marines(or any military in this world) swear/Fbombing less, its the general tone that are not impressing, sounds like a bunch of 13 years old talking idiotic crap...

You people have anger issues. Maybe you should seek for something more productive to direct your frustrations on.

"cm this, cm that blablablabl" WHO GIVES A FUCK? It's a gaming company making games, if you hate them so much, play something else.

For those who got a console and got no expectations whatsoever it's probably gonna be above shit, just probably.

For starters. For OFP & ArmA veterans, it's a joke.

Not for this veteran OpF and ArmA player it isn't.

P.S. There is too much swearing in ArmA2 also.

But they did their market research. The asked and the community said "fuck loads of swearing and gore please". They all made lots of noise about realism.

I think I will always be in a minority about that sort of thing. essentially I feel if you intend to play these games in enviroments where your gran or your child or the local vicar might be passing through.... then gore and swearing makes that awkward.

But if you are a young male living on your own or in the company of other young males only it isn't an issue at all.

Mainly I am not so worried about the gore giving kids nightmares just before bedtime, I just think that unless you go for total splatter fun... it looks really lame.

The swearing though I have to turn off, because kids start mimicing it and that gets me in trouble.

Edited by Baff1

But if you are a young male living on your own or in the company of other young males only it isn't an issue at all.

Yeah don't tell us more about that :p

Yeah don't tell us more about that :p

Hahahaha...Baff. ;)

I agree Baff, swearing doesn't make a game, movie or book if its clearly in there for shock value or 'coolness'.

John Davis was right! And thats what CM are going for here yeh? Sales?

P.S. There is too much swearing in ArmA2 also.

There is when I play :p

I think I will always be in a minority about that sort of thing. essentially I feel if you intend to play these games in enviroments where your gran or your child or the local vicar might be passing through.... then gore and swearing makes that awkward.

I work in an environment where virtually everyone turns the air blue for much of the day, even when discussing professional matters. I have nothing against swearing in games, but when it's done in a contrived or embarrassing way, it totally kills the atmosphere. Yes, some of Bis' stuff easily falls into this category.

Mind you, in one of the recent Red River videos, you could clearly hear the phrase 'camel jockeys' being used to describe the insurgents. Some idiots certainly do use such racist terms in real life, but I just don't want to hear it in a video game. This isn't a high-level piece of art that's going to prompt a subtle consideration of the overlap between jingoism and unthinking anti-Muslim sentiment.

They really are at risk of tipping over from 'America, fuck yeah!' to 'Nick Griffin, fuck yeah!' All to get a few more sales from the retard demographic.

oFNlGosnjjY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFNlGosnjjY

A perfect candidate for CM's target market and he hates the game.
SORRY TO DISSAPOINT SOME OF YOU WHO WAS LOOKIN FORWARD TO GETTIN THIS GAME BUT THIS GAME SUCK ASS CHEEKS AND GRAVY POWDER, THE AIMING IS VERY STIFF, GRAPHICS ARE HORRIBLE, MOVEMENT IS STIFF, DONT NOT BUY THIS GAME : WARNING :

> see IED
> get told about IED
> warned multiple times to back off
> walks right up to the IED
> IED explodes (notice how his body disappears immediately, and not because of the explosion)

This is what you get when you try to sell even a semi-realistic game to the COD generation, CM. :rolleyes:

"That's right, keep running! No one can beat the Alpha Male! Go Alpha! WOOF!"
"Good thing we woke up on the right side of kicking insurgent ass this morning!"

FPDR Edited by Zipper5

The dialog is probably the worst i've ever seen in a game.

I was laughing like hell as EOD's were telling them (rather explicitly) to keep away, as he walked up to the VBIED anyway.

I guess that's what you get when you're too used to

u21oCmTUmnc

First 15 minutes of the game in all its English glory...

PwFXilQwBys

I think 'auf Deutsch' was enough ...

Edit:

I've saw the first minute, dare I go on?

The graphics engine really does look like Cold War Crisis (although it had more vegetation, structures and objects) with blur and a diarrhea filter. I have never heard so many stereotypes and Hollywood yells in under 15 minutes. Sure, most games (and movies) do add some dialog that might be categorized as stereotype, as I'm sure Marines do occasionally yell stuff that doesn't fit in with the modern PC way of fighting a war, but this isn't occasional, it's what makes up just about every sentence, from start to finish. This is the biggest parody of battlefield comms that I've ever seen, especially the "funny" and "gung ho" commentary that just about everybody seems to add after just about anything happens. Non-essential messages stay off the net, especially while engaged, and messages are completely standardized so no confusion can occur because of "gung ho" yells. Also Outlaw 2 teaching about the practice of inserting a full mag after a firefight or how suppression works, any trained Marine knows that, so Outlaw 2-1 should have pointed out that clogging up the net with useless chatter is not done. But at least Outlaw 2 and 2-1 (they might as well have called them "Hitman 2" and "Hitman 2-1" as we all know you're playing Generation Red Dragon Kill Rising) would be required to use the radio, where as Marines shouting "gung ho" kill messages rather than keeping messages as short and functional would indeed get "ass reamed" by their direct superior (you). Automatic rifleman firing from the hip (when player is injured). Marksman crouching on the crest of a hill (great contrast, it's like he's trying to commit suicide). When the player hits an enemy, it looks he's firing a 20mm round, not 556X45. This game makes CoD look difficult ...

Also, in a terrorist occupied country (we all know the game really depicts Afghanistan, they just couldn't pick that country as MoH did it before, and got attacked over it), how many ammodumps would there be situated conveniently in the middle of every "village" (tiny collection of houses would be a better term) that are full of 556X45 NATO rounds? According to CM, a great deal. I don't see why ISAF forces have to retreat because they are running out of ammo in most engagements, just run to the center of town and grab some ammo.

I've saw the first minute, dare I go on?

No, it's like if Team America took itself seriously.

Come on guys, will someone post agiant Facepalm Picture already?