Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi Novus Aevum - modular sound conversion

'In hard times there can be a glimmer of hope...'

HIFI_NA_Forum-shine.png

HiFi Novus Aevum / HiFi v2.0

Contents:

One Modular Sound Conversion for Armed Assault.

Changed:

Every sound we felt that needed changing, got changed, so pretty much everything. For more indepth info please read the PDF supplied within the download or grab it here.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/addons/HIFI_ReadMe.pdf

www.tzahalsquad.com/hifi/HIFI_ReadMe.pdf

How to:

Download from one of the mirrors below, install then go try it out.

Mirrors

Mirror 1

Thankyou Darrell + All @ KH clan for EVERYTHING!

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/addons/@HiFi_Novus_Aevum.exe

Mirror 2

Thankyou Badboy + GIBF clan

http://72.55.143.5/fichiers/divers/BadBoy/ArmA/@HiFi_Novus_Aevum.rar

Mirror 3

Thankyou Deadeye

454196.gif

Mirror 4

Thankyou El Nino

3-animation.png

ATTENTION!

You can use HiFi NA alongside ACE to replace the BIS soundbase. To do this, simply edit the ACE clientside Cpp file so it contains the following lines.

/*

ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS

When defined, ACE sounds are used for default arma classes

When undefined (commented out), Default ArmA sounds are used for default arma classes, meaning they can be freely overriden by soundmods

*/

//#define ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS

Edit: If you wish to gain more specific info on the current modules or future releases please visit our forums @ http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewforum.php?f=31

Edited by Mark XIII

Please feel free to comment, we're happy to hear from you :)

Edited by Mark XIII

I would be interested of trying your sound mod, but before I start to download, I'd like to know what is the .EXE file on the link. Self extracting rar or executable installer?

Awesome work, mate! I remember you talking about this and it's been a while since, but I'm ecstatic to see that you've finished and released it! Downloading now. Can't wait to try it out!

And be sure to tell betsalel that the logo he made is kickass, and I'm impressed that he wrote the whole readme for you. That's some very impressive stuff. :D

Mark, thanks for the hard work and the passion you put into your sounds. I haven't heard anything like it in any movie nor in a computer game. The sound scape is blowing my mind. You're an artist. You should go professional, really.

Greetings from the lab - I hope I'll be home soon enough!

Edit: Whoa, now that's one readme file of a readme file - amazing work, John!

Edited by The.D

Heya Zipper, thank you very much for the kind words--I'm very glad you liked the logo and the way the read-me came out. After a year of not doing much in the graphics department as well as writing--I was a bit nervous going into this. I knew how much this meant to Mark and just closed my eyes, said a lil' prayer and dove right into it--lol. Must say I'm quite satisfied with the final product.

On a side note, I did realize a bit of a spacing issue with pages 7-9--which, being the stubborn b@stard that I am over the most minute details, I fixed it ust now. So after people have a chance to download Novus Aevum, I plan on hosting the fixed read-me PDF if anyone is interested. It bothered me too much, I just had to go back and change it, if not for my own mental well-being. LOL

Anyways, thanks for the wicked praise, man! It's really nice to see people enjoy my work. Keeps me inspired. :)

About the installer: if you want to open it as a normal archive change the file-extension from .exe to .rar

And read the readme....

edit: and jump into the tractor ;), and fly the DC3 (if you have QG)

and... drive, shoot, listen to the weather. Play with it! But I do recommend the tractor, never bored of the getin sound :)

edit again.. My plan was to include a small mission were people can try different weather and time. But I forgot it, too much happening right now. When I get back home I can upload it if anyoe are interested.

Edited by andersson

I plan on hosting the fixed read-me PDF if anyone is interested. It bothered me too much, I just had to go back and change it, if not for my own mental well-being. LOL

Nice job...

Give/PM me the link to the new PDF and I'll change the file on the server ;)

Congrats again on your release guys !

cya

edit...I guess we had a much better solution ;)

Edited by Cross

wow, it's finally here. :)

This is amazing, after so much time, you all can enjoy this sound masterpiece. I've been with the NA project since it's very start and none of you would believe the ammount of sounds that came through my PC (and I bet that was like 1/5 of the stuff Mark really has on his hard drive).

Sometimes, I even thought this mod would'nt get released before ArmA2 comes out. But it's here.

This sound mod sure did change the history of OFP/ArmA modding by it's quality, ammount of sounds and modularity.

Great job guys, you're the heroes! And Betsalel, those graphics f***ing rock! Have a banana :yay: ; )

Okay, enough stupid talk, it's sound time!

Nice soundmod !

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

454196.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=875][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/454196.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=875]DOWNLOAD - HiFi Novus Aevum Soundmod (v.2.0) - [138 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url]

@Cole:

Thanks for the praise, bro! You guys have had me grinning ear-to-ear all damn day. Kinda creepy watching me chew my food while smiling. :p

@Mirror Hosters:

I would like to take this time to extend a very large "thank you" on behalf of the entire HiFi FX team for your mirrors so Novus Aevum can get delivered into the communities hands as quickly as possible.

I would also like to let you know that I am more than willing to edit our logo with a background/color according to each websites needs/design if they so desire as well as remove the plastic shine overlay. Just let me know via PM. :)

In time I hope to get a banner or two made up for project Novus Aevum as well in the future. For now, I have to go ice my brain from creative exhaustion. :p

Wow man, absolutely stunning! This game just got a whole lot more interesting.

Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Thankyou all so much for your kind comments, we've already encountered afew little bugs, but being modular makes updating easier, so expect fixes sooner rather than later.

Thanks again, makes it all worthwhile.

Night all

Regards

Mark XIII

Fantastic work Mark / Jon and all others.

Being in a big battle with explosions ,helicopters and bullets that fly everywhere,it's really a pleasure for the ears!

many thanks :)

Wow man, absolutely stunning! This game just got a whole lot more interesting.
Word! I can't even play Arma without HIFIFX active.

Can't wait to try the new version! A ton of thanks to you, Mark XIII! :yay:

Excited about trying your Sound Mod, is there anything special that has to be done to work with ACE? Other than this:

/*

ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS

When undefined (commented out), Default ArmA sounds are used for default arma classes, meaning they can be freely overriden by soundmods

*/

Edited by vengeance1

Interesting... I tried it for various weapons and vehicles quickly in editor and I gotto say some things are really amazing though other I like better in previous version. First thing I noticed is that abrams and T72 sound a lot like. I dunno if they really do sound so similar but before it was much easier to distinguish them. Maybe if turbine would be louder and diesel a bit more like some heavy machinery on construction site. But hey, you seem to be an expert. One question. Can you make airplane engine sound louder, especially when you are few hundred meters away?

Nice work overall!

Wohoo its out!! :)

Glad you got it out mate. And ofcourse it rocks! Hope we can round up the crew and go kill some real soon with me finally hear everything as it should sound hahaha (you know what i mean). ;)

Again, very well done work Mark! Real nice you decided to let it to the public so everyone can enjoy it!

EDIT: @Vengeance1, that is exactlly what you do. I think Mark missed adding that info to the PDF.

Regards

Alex

Edited by Alex72

11aTony

Can you make airplane engine sound louder, especially when you are few hundred meters away?

Yes I see your point, we did discuss this during out beta tests, the plan was to make it voip friendly as much as possible. Hense most of the airpower being alittle quieter than Older HiFi releases. However, we also discussed making an alternative vehical module, one that had more 'realistic' volumes. If enough people are interested, we'll make it happen.

EDIT:

Yes, good point...If you use ACE an you'd like to use Hifi with it then edit the ACE clientside cpp with the code below. I will also ask betsalel to update the PDF with this info too.

/*

ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS

*/

Edited by Mark XIII

hello Mark!

your approach sounds excellent. :P

Will dig into the implementation in the next few hours.

Back with feedback for sure. :)