Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi Novus Aevum - modular sound conversion

Nice to see you back on the boards Chammy. Personally I been hoping to hear from you so I can ask if you'd like to use similar config setup as hifi. That would make your soundmod and hifi "work together", that in a sense that the users can choose what "module" to use from what soundmod. So if a player prefer your weapons and hifi's ammo its just drag and drop and there it is.

If interested, contact us.

Ofcourse this offer goes to all arma soundmods.

how do you use the Modules?

A module is just an addon. The reason for us to use the name module instead of addon is that, in lack of a better explanation, this soundmod-addon is splitted into several parts..

To use it you just drop whatever module (addon) you like to use into a modfolder. Or vice versa, delete whatever module (addon) you dont want to use. This way you can change the sound of different parts of the game.

Edited by andersson
@Kolt

Are you sure you have the hifi_Novus_Aevum_vehicleweapons_QG.pbo loaded? It can be found under @HiFi_Novus_Aevum\addons\Disabled\HiFi_Novus_Aevum_Queens_Gambit

Actually, load everything from that folder if you have Queens Gambit.

Sorry, I forgot to put QG files in from diabled after format.

(from 1st post)

And an ACE replacement that will replace actual ACE sounds will be released once it's done!

It's been answered a few times in the thread already ;)

Yes I did that but it did not work. Do I need to transfer the AddOns folder contents of the HiFi mod over to the ACE AddOns folder?

Yes I did that but it did not work. Do I need to transfer the AddOns folder contents of the HiFi mod over to the ACE AddOns folder?

No. Leave the .pbos in its own Mod folder.

I'm going to ask a stupid question, but since you're new to the forums, I suppose that you're probably new to ArmA and therefore also new to using addons:

Did you add the modfolder into your ArmA shortcut? This is what I mean:

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18 (use Option 2 as Option 1 is dangerous and unsafe!)

Secret plans....Midnight missions....With emotion...Woo Ooo

I'm happy to present our first single module update.

HiFi Weapons 2.01

Changelog:

fixed - M249 reload sound

fixed - M203 volume boost

fixed - M107 dry sound

fixed - PKM reload sound

fixed - M24 reload sound clash

fixed - grenadelauncher config inheritance (still voodoo magic on M16A4_ACOG_GL..)

fixed - machinegun modes for AI added

VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE DIRECT THE INSTALLER TO THE MAIN ARMA DIRECTORY.

Mirror:

Our home :) (Thanks crawler75!)

http://www.hifisoundmod.co.uk/downloads/@HiFi_NA_weapons_v2.01.exe

Armaholic :)

3-animation.png

HiFi Novus Aevum hotfix

Assault Mission Studio :)

http://www.assaultmissionstudio.de/downloads.php?page_id=143

Filefront :(

http://files.filefront.com/HiFi+NA+weapons+v201exe/;13769986;/fileinfo.html

Thanks for the Mirrors !

Enjoy

Edited by Mark XIII

Er quick question Mark re: the installer. I renamed my Hifi folder to a shorter name (wouldn't fit in my bloated command line otherwise). Do I need to turn it back to the original before running the installer, lest it install things in the wrong place otherwise?

Mark, you don't need to configure M16A4 ACOG GL - it's fully inherited from M16A4 GL.

@All-a-Mort

Good question buddy, tbh not got a clue, andersson made the installer. However, if you get winrar, you can open it like a zip file. so, I suggest doing that then overwriting your old weapons pbo.

Hope thats helpful :0

@zGuba

Heya mate, I found no issue with the m16a4 acog gl ingame. This is something andersson had picked up on during NA beta, as well as it coming up in our Aimpoint Desert weapons config awhile ago. As far as I could tell, it works fine.

@All, thanks for the comments, always appreciated!:)

Edited by Mark XIII

Thanks for update!

You can rename .exe to .7z and unpack new files into your own @HiFi_Novus_Aevum folder. ;)

^^Sweet! :)

I had some good news yesterday...

Robert Hammer has kindly given HiFi permission to release our RH sound modules, which replace his sounds (nothing wrong with them btw !) with HiFi's..

You guys maybe aware that we're doing sounds for Aimpoints weapons too. I decided to start making these modules when HiFi NA was about halfway done. I LOVE these packs, I use them all the time. So I decided to make/change the sounds to full inline with HiFi NA, then when you play it all sounds consistent. Like I said before theres nothing wrong with the way these guys release their addons, whether choosing to make their own sounds or letting the sounds take bis defaults.. I just wanted them to sounds consistent with NA and give them some special treatment, as I consider these packs to be AWESOME.

So, keep your eyes peeled for some Extra modules soon :)

Mark, you don't need to configure M16A4 ACOG GL - it's fully inherited from M16A4 GL.

True. But its still strange, its more bugging me then the end user ;)

I try to give the config as much input as possible as Mark like to have subtle changes between the same weapons (ie M16A4's as an example) to give a better sound during more intense battles with many weapons involved. He doesnt use all input for different sounds, but that GL is the ony thing I cant get to work. Its probably something annoyingly simple but there it is.

Anyway, it doesnt concern the end user in any way. I put the comment there for me and kept it if anyone like to find the solution.

Er quick question Mark re: the installer. I renamed my Hifi folder to a shorter name (wouldn't fit in my bloated command line otherwise). Do I need to turn it back to the original before running the installer, lest it install things in the wrong place otherwise?

I suggest that you rename the installer to *.rar, *.zip or *.7z and do it manually as the installer will put them into a modfolder named @hifi_novus_aevum.

Thx for this release! :)

Mirror from Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

HiFi Novus Aevum Hotfix[2.01]

I'm guessing you don't read the first page of threads, do you? :rolleyes:

Ok guys,

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone. You have been great, its really nice for us to have some nice things to read ;)

A couple of things I'd like to make clear;

HiFi Novus Aevum was created & tested on quality gear (primarly Speaker & Sub) by myself. Whilst our playtesters used a mixture of quality gaming headset and speaker setups. I did the final mixing/editing on a headset to make sure it sounded consistent volumewise.

Novus Aevum was built to take full advantage of any sub woofer, the lower they go, the more you get. Only thing about that is, It causes issues with some of the more modest equipment.

Ok so with that said. We always had a plan to remedy this, the plan being a simple one. release HiFi NA as it is then gain feedback and most important of all sound/config bugs. Once the bugs have all been tracked and found we have a perfect template.

For what you ask?

Well, many of you guys would appreciate NA more, if it was better suited to your means & needs (for example; louder vehicals, more realistic volumes etc). So once Novus Aevum is complete in a bugfree sense we can begin to release some different versions based on the orginal.

Like this;

Specific Headset version (Eq'd & volume balanced with gaming headsets in mind) based on the orginal NA designed for speakers. Then, from that we can expand further. I was thinking of looking at these volume requests for possible versions, I guess we could look at it like this.

HiFi NA -Headset

HiFi NA - Speakers

then..

HiFi NA -Headset - Gamers volumes

HiFi NA -Headset - Realistic volumes

HiFi NA - Speakers - Gamers volumes

HiFi NA - Speakers - Realistic volumes

Hmmm looks like alot of work that...but its not if we get help from you guys. To make this happen we just need everyone using HiFi to become a playtester whilst they play ;) . Report ANY kind of bugs you find, this way we get to finish up the main modules quickly and can start work on the above idea's. Remember the sound & config work is already in place, so its simply a matter of editing what we have already. Quick & Easy!

So, please people..your feedback is critical in our progress.. I dunno about you guys but I'd like this done, so we can start working on Arma 2...

All bugs can be reported here..no need to register :)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2369

Regards

Mark XIII

Edited by Mark XIII
CaCaPooPoo

Yeah, this sounds great man. I have been playing now for like two weeks or so with this new HiFi and I havent found any particular bugs other then guys reported already. Im using Logitech Z-2300 and Logitech wireless headphones and its simply amazing on both. Personaly I dont need new version for headset but maybe on lower end headphones if wouldnt be so nice. Didnt try on old ones since they dont work so good. Thats why I bought new ones. I play on speakers most of the time. I only use headset when Im on TS. Anyway, now Im only waiting for "Realistic volumes" version for speakers ;).

I already blast my headset volume in-game which after a round with HiFi leaves my hearing in shambles for a day...I can already predict my going completely deaf with the realistic volumes. :p

Respect.

Chammy, theres an advert on telly here in the UK, I think its for a bank...theres a cool little tag line they have.

'The clever/dumb balance has been restored'

I think sometimes we can all go 'off on one', but it takes a real pro to post like that, I know you asked for none of this sort of thing so I'll finish up an ask everyone else to respect that. All I wanted to say was I deleted my post, and begining to forget it ever happened.

Sincerely

Mark XIII

:cool:

Heh, forget about it (Al Pacino way)

And thanks for accepting my apology, yeah, at times I can be "silly" and even quite critical to myself, kind of an OCD type of thing too. Great work Mark and kudos, I also have your sound mod installed as you already know heh, so I will switch back and forth from mine to yours and to VOP's also, depending on my mood, I'm getting back into ArmA again. Thanks again

Nice to see you back on the boards Chammy. Personally I been hoping to hear from you so I can ask if you'd like to use similar config setup as hifi. That would make your soundmod and hifi "work together", that in a sense that the users can choose what "module" to use from what soundmod. So if a player prefer your weapons and hifi's ammo its just drag and drop and there it is.

If interested, contact us.

Ofcourse this offer goes to all arma soundmods.

Sure thing bro, right now I'm going to shoot at working on a BI Key first then make something a little more compatible with all the sound mods, I know I keep sayign I will make a BI Key but I just hadnt quite been able to sit down and actually concentrate on it.

"S":

Rock on

Edited by Chammy

Heya Chammy nice to see ya back over here and soo nice to hear you like my stuff too. I did PM you acouple of days ago with some 'ideas' hehehe, but I know your a busy guy an if this PM system is like the old one...well...LOL

Anyways good to have you back on the forums again mate, and to hear your making some keys and updates ? Wow thats great news! Ahh that reminds me, if you need assistance with keys I know afew people who can help you. Infact I'm sure andersson would be happy to assist you... I totally FAIL at making keys (never done it right to this day) LOL...

Good to see you dude, keep Rockin!

p.s Rain in Blood....wow what a F**kin tune