Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi Novus Aevum - modular sound conversion

zGuba

We'll do it for sure, enough people have requested it. Thing is I'm still trying to stay ontop of any bugs found for the current release. So, we sorta need to regroup, brainstorm abit and then figure out what we attack next, personally, I want to work on the ACE stuff. But we shall see. So to answer your question, yes will make another module, but when...now that is a question...

So I found one minor ssue with A.C.E., where Kamov's 2A42 fires long bursts.

Setting soundBurst = 0 for BI 2A42's lowROF mode eradicates it. Best regards :beeeers:

Hello MarkXIII

You look to have creared a great modification here, well done! I have a query, I use Kegety's Launcher 1.11 to load different mods with each server I join. I read the PDF readme and it mentioned some thing about placing the @HIFI_NOVUS_AEVUM mod last on any ArmA shortcut so it replaces any sounds in any preceding mods (unless the HiFi sounds are in the disabled folder of course)? Kegety's Launcher doesn't given you an option to change the order of the mods, considering it's the last but one for me, does that mean the sounds will not load?

Cheers,

General.

The sound should work most of the situations. I'm actually running HiFi as the first mod (after beta and QG expansion) and all HiFi sounds work for me.

Well, I'm eagerly looking foward for ACE-"compatible"/ACE-replacement sound mod. (Well, since I feel like being kinda lazy atm, I don't feel like spoiling the "suprise" moment when you start your arma+ace with a "new soundmod", and you basically have no idea what to expect.)

Fire

Well, this is a first I believe, all I can suggest is try messing with the sound options (EAX off etc). Also have you considered updating Arma's openAL? I had issues with my old Audigy and certain drivers before, and reinstalling openAL fixed it. Its the only thing I can think of that may cause this sort of effect.

There is a way to find out if its the soundengine. Extract the vehical.pbo open the uh60_e sound and possibly the uh60_enviroment sound, you'll need to convert them from .wss to .wav then play them back in windows media player. If all sounds well then its not the HiFi, its a driver/arma issue. If they sound as bad in WMP then its a corrupted download maybe?!? But you say this has happened before with other hifi versions...hmmm

Food for thought...Any idea's anyone?

Changing the sound settings didn't help. Also reinstalled / updated the OpenAL, didn't help.

I made a small video clip where you can hear it, it's made with ArmA Vanilla Version 1.14 to sort out eventual complications with others mods (also testet with 1.16, but same behaviour).

Hifi is the only mod loaded.

Sound issues start when game is joined, then theres a kind of a pause and then they return. Later on they can also be heard in the inside view. And they only occur with helicopters.

Edit:

Also tried your wss->wav method. In the uh60_e Sound the last 5 seconds are messed up and sound like the video. And when I try to convert the environment-file it says "bad wss format"

Edit2: Video Link removed

Edited by Fire

@ Fire

Ok, watched the video, exactly the same error I had with audigy, a mixture of switching between creative audio drivers & openAL eventually fixed this problem for me..I really don't know what else to say, I checked the uploaded wss's I recommended you try and sure enough they are fine to me and my playtesters. So Its either a corrupted download, or like I said...Soundcard driver / OpenAL issue.

I can offer no other answers than those above. Really sorry mate, It took me afew months of searching for the right driver to get my audigy working well in arma, settling for a really old but stable driver.

If anyone else could shed some light on this problem it would be greatly appreciated. I would not release bugged sounds in such a way, overall feedback for this release has been excellent. So...I hope you can get it working buddy, real shame your not getting to enjoy it.

:(

@Kolt

Not just yet, I got everything ready except the keys. Right this minute I'm having afew issue's with my internet connection, which I'm trying to resolve. When I do, I'll upload and release some updated modules.

Thanks for posting

Edited by Mark XIII

Just reinstalled it for the third time and used a different mirror for download, now it seems to work.

The buggy one was the download from the first server from armed-assault.de

oh okay lol. i saw a Version 2. and i was like woah

in the next version.

hopfully ACE will be re done.

and i woudl love to have some bullet wizzing sounds.

that would complete me

I hope there shall be some new explosions on the horizon. And for the first time with the addon yesterday, I was in between a Cobra & BH FFAR and their targets, the Missle woosh scared me. I wondered what it was, only to see some armor Explode off to my side. Twas delightful.

Thanks for this sound mod. Best explosions and rifle sounds i have heard ever in OFP/ArmA. :)

Just started playing "original" CWC with OAC MOD and this sound mod. Almost like a new experience.

I was supposed to upload the stuff I've fixed this last week over the weekend. Obviously that failed to happen, tonight however I shall release 3 updated modules.

weapons.pbo

ammo.pbo

sonic cracks.pbo

To see a buglist please visit our official forums (links are in my sig)

Also trying to test some extra bis replacement content in time for release too..

Ok, I'm off for abit. THANKYOU ALL for such good feedback, your comments are always appreciated. :)

I was wondering if you can add sounds when bushes and trees are getting crushed. Maybe from OFP or smt. And final thing is if you can make the loud sounds for few most used 3rd party addons like F-15, F-18, F-35, Su-47 and maybe some more?

Edited by 11aTony

Another thing I was wondering on is if you can add sounds when bushes and trees are getting crushed. Maybe from OFP or smt.

There was a PROPER mod that tried to add OFP tree hit sounds, but as far as I know it never really worked.. But the last time I've tried it was around 1.08 or even 1.05

This one:

PROPER Gameplay Sound TreeHit Added

There's a bug with M249 dry sound... if it wasn't mentioned yet...

I see it's fixed on the forums, too bad I did not spotted it yet... new forums ;P

There's not much to moan about. The only thing I still could are noised/muffled aircraft sounds, but I know You're working on them :)

Edited by zGuba
err...

There's a bug with M249 dry sound... if it wasn't mentioned yet...

Yup, Mark's already fixed it. Amongst other issues.

Looking forward to the update, Mark. Awesome sound mod. :)

any one else gets an annoying sound when zooming all the way in in the editor? not sure whats causing it but it didn't happen with other sound mods...

Heya guys,

As you can see the update failed to happen..My bad, from now on I'll just release stuff and not talk about it..lol..Anyways we're making some big revisions to the readme right now.

Luckily, I spotted someone posted a bug with the M24...like I said before, our time over here at BIS is limited so please take the time to register on our offical forums. We have a specific buglisting over there. I very nearly released the update without fixing the M24..

Well, check back here soon. The next update will squash all know/found bugs so far as well as adding 2 new modules and the fully revised PDF.

Regards

Mark XIII

For the last time, allow me to repeat myself for everyone to clear up any misunderstandings:

And yes, we are indeed looking into ACE sound replacement--which we've been looking into since ACE was released while working on Novus Aevum's development. So just keep patient folks--all good things to those who wait....or something like that.

Hope that helps. :p

[EDIT]

Good news! It is now possible to participate in the HiFi Novus Aevum official forums without the need to register (for you lazies out there :p). So free to stop by, report any bugs, etc.

In fact we prefer to deal with our project on our own forum as it's all-around easier than having to check several forums all the time.

See you there!

-Yokh

Edited by Yokhanan
new info

One more thing. Are you sure you didnt mix up engine sounds for M1A1 and M113? Take a look at it, I think it should be other way around. This was the case in previous version with T72 and M1.

11aTony

Are you sure you didnt mix up engine sounds for M1A1 and M113?

I'm 100% certain they are the right way round. I have a friend who used to drive the M1A1, I got good feedback from him so I'd say that speaks for itself.

Thanks for posting

OK, its just that m113 has pretty strong sound there. I look forward to next release.

Hi all,

I've just finished one of the smaller projects I'm working on, thanks to Andersson coming back just in time to get a nice config going. Speaking of configs and projects. Hopefully, now we can focus some attention on a sound replacement/advancement for ACE.

Also, we shall be releasing an 'overall' update to Novus Aevum then follow with individual module releases, for those who don't like the bigger downloads :cool: .

Thanks for the support and feedback, always appreciated :) .

The "big download" will always contain the latest modules, we will also make all modules available as separate downloads.

And yes, a HiFi'ed ACE is on the way.