Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi Novus Aevum - modular sound conversion

Nice to hear that. Are they gonna be available here or on your site? Or both maybe?

Hi,

After a game on Avgani I didnt like the hifi environment, with birds and insects that didnt fit. So I made a silent 'hifi_na_environment'. That env. module doesnt have any sounds from wildlife or forrests. There are still the sounds of thunder, rain, wind, sea and hills (wind). This module will fit more arid environments like desert and arctic.

It is to be released soon.

What more modules do you like to see? I'm thinking jungle, dry land (more crickets, less birds), winter (less wildlife but maybe some bird in a forrest). What else, what do you need?

Post your replies here in this forum or over here: http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2428

I'd like a module with urban sounds. Buses, cars and people preferebly from Middle East and perhaps Russian ?

:)@verde13

I'd like a module with urban sounds. Buses, cars and people preferebly from Middle East and perhaps Russian ?

I have played with urban sounds before adding them to the enviroment sounds and not had much luck with them..unless you populate an area with AI it just sounds wrong..walking through the forest hearing people chatting away is none immersive. However sounds can be added via the editor and triggered. I can make some sounds up if we can put the sounds into the game via the editor ?

I'll leave for andersson to answer that...

@Kolt

how do you use the Modules ?

Erm, can you be more specific ? I mean we do supply a very informative PDF with our 1st release. Or are you refering to the extra things we're looking at adding ?

Thanks for posting guys!

Ok, a small update.

I've started uploading some sound demo videos to youtube, I'm making the links available on the HiFi forums if anyone is interested

Thankyou for your continued feedback & support, always appreciated :)

I have some minor issues with the latest version of HiFi. When firing TOW's (in this case in a Bradley from the IC-Arma mod, might/should apply to other TOW's and/or rockets as well) really close by, say just a few meters in front of me, I don't get an explosion sound unless I'm in 3rd person view. When firing farther away it's fine, I get a "distant explosion" sound, but the "really close explosion" sound just doesn't appear to be present for the TOW's.

I just updated the drivers for my SB XiFi after experiencing this, with no luck. I've redownloaded and reinstalled the mod several times. And I seem to be alone with this problem...

Any ideas?

:o

that looks better

Edited by Chammy

@Chammy

:)

@maxter

When firing TOW's (in this case in a Bradley from the IC-Arma mod, might/should apply to other TOW's and/or rockets as well) really close by, say just a few meters in front of me, I don't get an explosion sound unless I'm in 3rd person view. When firing farther away it's fine, I get a "distant explosion" sound, but the "really close explosion" sound just doesn't appear to be present for the TOW's.

You mention you hear it in 3rd person view, but not from inside the bradley..Maybe this is the sound occlusion inside the vehical dulling out the explosions. Off the top of my head, I'd say thats the issue, but since I don't have a bradley addon I can't be sure. I shall do some testing in MP with the TOW later today see if its the actual TOW hits sounds being too quiet.

I shall report back and let you know.

Edited by Mark XIII

Thanks man. Yeah, I guess it might have to do with sound occlusion, though I can tell you that the explosion sound is just non-existant in 1st person view, while I can hear distant explosions fine. Maybe has to do with the sound of the actual rockets is "dominating" the sound when it's too close.

Anyway, really appreciate you doing some testing, though I'm not sure if this is actually a problem with the mod or my settings somehow.

Hi, just got it confirmed from a good mate. You are right, TOW volume is very low.

Added to the list, it shall be fixed for the next update.

Thankyou for finding and posting this problem mate, it is appreciated!

how can i integrate this into ACE?
ATTENTION!

You can use HiFi NA alongside ACE to replace the BIS soundbase. To do this, simply edit the ACE clientside Cpp file so it contains the following lines.

/*

ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS

When defined, ACE sounds are used for default arma classes

When undefined (commented out), Default ArmA sounds are used for default arma classes, meaning they can be freely overriden by soundmods

*/

//#define ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS

(from 1st post)

And an ACE replacement that will replace actual ACE sounds will be released once it's done!

It's been answered a few times in the thread already ;)

I see you have replaced the sound for Datsun (or whatever, civil pickup) but the datsun with machinegun still has stock arma sound. Sorry if I already mentioned this.

I see you have replaced the sound for Datsun (or whatever, civil pickup) but the datsun with machinegun still has stock arma sound. Sorry if I already mentioned this.

Are you sure you have the hifi_Novus_Aevum_vehicleweapons_QG.pbo loaded? It can be found under @HiFi_Novus_Aevum\addons\Disabled\HiFi_Novus_Aevum_Queens_Gambit

Actually, load everything from that folder if you have Queens Gambit.

Edit: :icon_wink:

Edited by Yokhanan

Edit: I'm glad you guys sorted all issues in the most humanistic and reasonable way possible. I'm impressed and full of respect.

This mod is a huge contribution to Armed Assault. I'm really looking forward to the updates and A.C.E. sound packs! Thank you, guys!

Edited by The.D

napoleon-avatar.jpg

“Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.â€

Edited by Chammy

pssst, you guys hear that?

I bet thats a moderator coming! :upside:

But yeah, wave comparsion is a good idea. :whistle:

Edited by Cole

Ok Ok, I read that last post I made back....Its harsh, so sorry for that. Alot of the guys on here have been 'REAL' friends to me. I've had stuff going on in R/L I would not wish on anyone, I'm not going into that, but these guys have kept me going so when someone posts against them...well, you can see. I will say SORRY to Chammy as it was OTT. But its an angry post, when alittle while ago I was...angry.

So, sorry all

Normal HiFi service is resumed...

EDITED

Edited by Mark XIII
Mark XIII - Out of Order - Error - Please try again

:wink_o:

Ok

A bit of humble pie and it tastes rather good

Ok ok, the remark earlier was a bit off color and a bit , to say the least, uncalled for. I do know how much work can be put into making sound effects, even music because I make music also, I'm a guitar player,was a drummer, and finding the right quality in sound takes hours , days to get it perfect so I can understand how you come off there Mark. As I shrink into a dark corner with a bag over my head, I apologize to you and all others on this thread and if I've criticized any others before then an apology I offer. SInce I've been gone from BI Forums and have not played ArmA for some time now due to personal family life I have forgotten some of whom asked me for advice or suggestions or requests, even those who have criticized me , my inbox is full heh. So if I have shown a bit of immaturity and unprofessionalism on my part then forgive me :o

I don't need anyone to respond with a "ahh its all good Chammy" or "its ok man" that sort of thing, its alright, no need for it :cool:

carry on

Respect to both of you for openly apologizing and being mature enough to shake hands. You are both well respected in what you do and it would have been a sad moment indeed to see this continue.

I salute you both and hope you continue to do what you do best, which is making me happy using your sound mods. Now crack on with it will you, i want an update sharpish! :D

Respect.

Chammy, theres an advert on telly here in the UK, I think its for a bank...theres a cool little tag line they have.

'The clever/dumb balance has been restored'

I think sometimes we can all go 'off on one', but it takes a real pro to post like that, I know you asked for none of this sort of thing so I'll finish up an ask everyone else to respect that. All I wanted to say was I deleted my post, and begining to forget it ever happened.

Sincerely

Mark XIII