Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi Novus Aevum - modular sound conversion

Andersson [sWEC]

Ok i have the line in sight...

What am i supposed to do in the file..

Go back to the 1st post on the 1st page, scroll down till you see the words ATTENTION. Then your all set, I added the ACE clientside info there.

:)

EDIT:

Ahh btw..

Couple of things,

I'm looking at uploading some stuff I didn't manage to finish in time for our release schedule, mainly some music I made for the game. I would like your opinions as I wrote it for the game, I shall continue with it if I get some good feedback..if not, back to music school for me..

Also, I started work on the sonic cracks module for ACE today... :)

Edited by Mark XIII

Yeah, sure. Give us some music to try out. Just dont make Arma start with the same track every time like some other mods.

No no mate, hehe my fault I should explain myself better..

I have music in MP3 format, I've not put it into the game, not until I have enough tracks for a full replacement ;)

I'd just like to know your thoughts, you'll know what I mean when I say I wrote it for the game when you hear it.. The first couple of tracks I'll upload are...hmmm..errrrm

Well, I let you tell me :)

p.s

My audio conversion here isn't the best, so please forgive the lowfi quality..its more the feel I'd like opinions on...If its wanted, I'll upload the HUGE wav. files...lol, better quality but...BIG :(

Edited by Mark XIII

I have seen that and i found the line in the file....

But my question was, WHAT do i do with it??

Do i remove something or add something or what??

Hey Mark,

Very impressive what you guy's have done there. ;)

Best sound mod ever. But you already should know this. :)

Thankyou very much mate! I'm looking forward to seeing what your next release has to offer...;)

Aha OK. So, there is one more thing kinda bothering me. When blackhawk is flying like 500m away or so it sounds like a tractor or so... when its close its OK. Mi17 for example sounds nice far away. Maybe take a look at this too. I listened to air sounds and... thats what I was talking about. That AK/M4 mix, music I mean :), sound good too.

Keep up the good work guys.

Edited by 11aTony

;1275162']so if the brackets are not there ace sounds are not active..

they are active, they just dont override bis default once so they can be override by another sound mod.

Ok...

Dont know if i did correct, i just placed 2 / infront.

Like this:

//#define ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS

Seems like its working. Couse when i use the SAW (M249),

the klick sound (Empty mag) is infact a reload sound...

Even if i press right mouse (scope) it makes reload sound.

;1275203']Ok...

Dont know if i did correct' date=' i just placed 2 / infront.

Like this:

//#define ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS[/quote']

Yeah, that's correct. ;)

On the otherhand:

The Radio isnt working or is the HiFi overiding ACE voices??

Couse the : //#define ACE_RADIO_SILENT isnt working..

And i tried with 1.14 and ace1.07 only aswell..

NOT WORKING..They still wont STFU

EDIT: Made a small error...Everything working now

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

Hi,

I'm really enjoying your SoundMod. The AK-47 Shots are spot on, reminds me of last weekend when I was out shooting one. The Adjusted Helo/Air sounds are great for those using TS.

My only suggestion is increase Explosion sounds, if I shoot an FFAR 100 Meters infront of me I can barely hear it, explosions startle you, and I am struggling to hear them.

Cheers.

My only suggestion is increase Explosion sounds, if I shoot an FFAR 100 Meters infront of me I can barely hear it, explosions startle you, and I am struggling to hear them.

Cheers.

Heya buddy, yes I just checked them myself they could do with a kick up the bum volumewise, consider it done :)

Well on another note, I have some good news. We shall be releasing afew updated modules today/tomorrow depending on some stuff. If your interested, please check our own forums for more details.

Danke.

You should add your forum to your signature.

I got extreme Sound errors when a Helicopter is in the air.

It sounds like white noise. It only happens with this sound mod.

I have a Soundblaster Xfi-Titanium with latest drivers.

Hmmm, can you be more specific please. for example:

Is this with hardware on /EAX on ?

Is it all the helicopters ?

Is it happening inside & outside the chopper ?

I have the XFI and latest drivers, sounds fine with all different settings, so I'm not sure what to say, if you can do some further testing I'd appreciate it.

Anyone else having this issue ?

Thanks for posting :)

I also had this issue with other versions from Hifi.

In Sound settings I have EAX and the other option enabled.

This happened with Blackhawk and Mi17 so far, haven't testet the others yet. It's outside from the choppers.

11aTony

Yes I see your point, we did discuss this during out beta tests, the plan was to make it voip friendly as much as possible. Hense most of the airpower being alittle quieter than Older HiFi releases. However, we also discussed making an alternative vehical module, one that had more 'realistic' volumes. If enough people are interested, we'll make it happen.

Yup, that's what I strongly desire :popcornsmilie:

IMO aircrafts should be loud, they usually don't have mufflers...

Guest General Nuisance

Hello MarkXIII

You look to have creared a great modification here, well done! I have a query, I use Kegety's Launcher 1.11 to load different mods with each server I join. I read the PDF readme and it mentioned some thing about placing the @HIFI_NOVUS_AEVUM mod last on any ArmA shortcut so it replaces any sounds in any preceding mods (unless the HiFi sounds are in the disabled folder of course)? Kegety's Launcher doesn't given you an option to change the order of the mods, considering it's the last but one for me, does that mean the sounds will not load?

Cheers,

General.

Fire

I also had this issue with other versions from Hifi.

In Sound settings I have EAX and the other option enabled.

Well, this is a first I believe, all I can suggest is try messing with the sound options (EAX off etc). Also have you considered updating Arma's openAL? I had issues with my old Audigy and certain drivers before, and reinstalling openAL fixed it. Its the only thing I can think of that may cause this sort of effect.

There is a way to find out if its the soundengine. Extract the vehical.pbo open the uh60_e sound and possibly the uh60_enviroment sound, you'll need to convert them from .wss to .wav then play them back in windows media player. If all sounds well then its not the HiFi, its a driver/arma issue. If they sound as bad in WMP then its a corrupted download maybe?!? But you say this has happened before with other hifi versions...hmmm

Food for thought...Any idea's anyone?

zGuba

Yup, that's what I strongly desire

We'll do it for sure, enough people have requested it. Thing is I'm still trying to stay ontop of any bugs found for the current release. So, we sorta need to regroup, brainstorm abit and then figure out what we attack next, personally, I want to work on the ACE stuff. But we shall see. So to answer your question, yes will make another module, but when...now that is a question...

General Nuisance

Kegety's Launcher doesn't given you an option to change the order of the mods, considering it's the last but one for me, does that mean the sounds will not load?

Ermm, I have to say I've never used a launcher myself. I don't know if anyone else can assist on this question ? Maybe a different launcher will allow you to change the lineup?

sorry buddy I can't really help....:(