Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

ArmA Effects mod.

You can post feedback and suggestions here.

Updated 24/08/2008

Important: Read the readme please or you might not install it properly.

You must delete the old version before installing this, it has a different file name and may conflict with the new version if it's not removed

The old version's file name: Matt_ArmAEffects.

Also remove the old version of the extended EH addon, which is made up of these two files:

Extended_Init_Eventhandlers.pbo

Extended_Fired_Eventhandlers.pbo

A newer version is included with ArmA Effects.

New in 1.1:

*Sparks toned down again

*Modified impact effects - smoke reduced and changed blood impact again

*Missile/rocket smoke trail modified, shorter with fewer, larger particles - less performance impact now

*Some minor tweaks

New in 1.0:

*Sparks toned down

*Various dust changed by Nikita, including chopper downwash, tank cannon dust and dust kicked up by moving vehicles

*Weapon firing smoke and dust toned down, more realistic and doesn't obscure vision.

*Tank cannon muzzleflash changed

*Building destruction effects optimised

*Other minor changes

The readme:

Quote[/b] ]ArmA Effects

Version 1.1

By Maddmatt

Email: maddmatth (at) hotmail (dot) com

This mod improves ArmA's particle effects, such as explosions and fires.

It contains many new effects, including

* New effects for weapons and explosions.

* Various weapon firing effects.

* More smoke when buildings are destroyed.

* New burning and smoke effects.

* AT backblast effects.

* Aircraft destroyed in the air now leave a flame/smoke trail (doesn't seem to work properly in MP).

* Various other tweaks.

To install:

You must delete the old version before installing this, it has a different file name and may conflict with the new version if it's not removed

Extract all files to start.

1. Place the folder called "@ArmAEffects" in your ArmA directory.

2. Inside that folder, make sure the 'addons' subfolder is there with the addons inside.

The following files should be in there:

Extended_EventHandlers.pbo, (needed for the script system to work)

MatH_ArmAEffects.pbo. (new particle effects)

MatH_Rain.pbo (new rain effects)

Note that ArmA Effects and Rain work seperately. You can delete one and keep the other if you only want one.

As well as their signature files with the *.bikey extention for multiplayer.

There should be 6 files there in total in the addons folder

3. Create a new shortcut file for ArmA, and in the target line add "-mod=@ArmAEffects",

so it should look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@ArmAEffects

5. Run ArmA from that shortcut to use the mod.

The Server keys are for servers that use signature verification and want to allow this mod. Players don't need it.

To uninstall, simply delete the "@ArmAEffects" folder and the new shortcut.

If you want to use this in combination with other mods, go to this link in the BIS Wiki for info on managing modfolders: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modfolders

Known issues:

Their may be compatibility issues with certain mods that

use their own eventhandlers which are not compatible with the Extended Eventhandler addon.

Most mods should support it though. If they don't support it, then ask the author if they

could update the mod to use it.

The more mods that support the extended event handlers the better, that way we can all keep our mods compatible.

There may be updates, keep an eye on the official BIS forum at www.flashpoint1985.com

Topic for this mod is: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....=65714;

For more about the Extended Eventhandler addon by Solus, check the readme files which I included. Full version with examples for addon makers can be found here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....16;st=0

Credits:

Maddmatt

DMarkwick - For the custom particle textures

Evenlease - The A10 cannon smoke effect

Symbiot - Original idea and concept for the rain

MadDogX - For reworking the rain effect with a new script and texture

Solus - For the Extended Eventhandler addons

nikita320106 - For some changes to a few dust effects

Thanks to the people at the ACE mod for testing and feedback.

And thanks to any other people giving suggestions, feedback and info.

Download Version 1.1 from one of these mirrors:  - Updated 24/08/2008. Size: 3.86 MB

Armed Assault Info

Armaholic

Assault Mission Studio

ePrison.de

iFile.it

Enjoy smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Gonna check it out right away. Cheers smile_o.gif

I guess the more the merrier !

Testing ^^

Malick

can this be used in MP??

Yes, it works the same way as the sound replacement mods. Although certain servers may block mods.

can this be used in MP??

Yes, it works the same way as the sound replacement mods. Although certain servers may block mods.

Oh yeah, thats true. Which goes in part by using mod folder when playing alone in single play missions...at least until theres a dedicated server for this mod, it sounds promising.

The Tanks main gun effects look awesome! thumbs-up.gif

On the downside there´s quite a performance dropdown even on desert island with 8 vs 8 tanks .. i need a new pc sad_o.gif

I have to say, that is just amazing! That s how the grenades should be, with juuuuusssst a little bit quicker flash and then just the slow smoke dispesrsion to almost stand still. That s like ..just right.

I did find a bug though, although, this is Beta right? The MK19 and I think the AG30 or is it 60? anyways, the flash on it is wayyyyy too big, might have over looked that. Its like this big square flash that evenlopes the Stryker almost.

Big thumbs up!

Cool. The grenade dust plume is great. Perhaps it could be less gray, more brown\lighter. Tank muzzleflash is awesome when you're close to or in the tank. Seems to be a scale (lod? don't know how these things work) issue the further away the tank is. Appears as a very large square. Majority of my graphics settings are on low, might be why it's exaggerated on my system.

Good work

Hi Madmatt,

Sorry to bother you. I was wondering if you're the same Madmatt who did all the cool stuff with Combat Mission?

Cheers,

Darryl

sounds cool, any chance of some pictures or videos, as i'm not on my comp with ArmA right now and i would definitely like to see what this does!

yup i would like to see a video clip demonstration too.

Actions speak louder than words you know...

rofl.gif

Although it does sound good.

smile_o.gif

I have to say, that is just amazing! That s how the grenades should be, with juuuuusssst a little bit quicker flash and then just the slow smoke dispesrsion to almost stand still. That s like ..just right.

Thanks, I watched a couple videos before I made the grenade effect and tried to recreate that in-game. Seems to have turned out well

Quote[/b] ]I did find a bug though, although, this is Beta right? The MK19 and I think the AG30 or is it 60? anyways, the flash on it is wayyyyy too big, might have over looked that. Its like this big square flash that evenlopes the Stryker almost.

As I said in the readme, it's an ArmA bug. Whatever I set for the tank's muzzle flash, is copied and applied to the vehicle grenade launchers. I will get around this with some scripting, the flash should end up looking better too.

Cool. The grenade dust plume is great. Perhaps it could be less gray, more brown\lighter. Tank muzzleflash is awesome when you're close to or in the tank. Seems to be a scale (lod? don't know how these things work) issue the further away the tank is. Appears as a very large square. Majority of my graphics settings are on low, might be why it's exaggerated on my system.

From the videos I saw, the colour of the grenade explosion seemed to change a bit depending on where it blew up, some grenade explosions seemed a bit darker. I think I will make it a bit lighter though.

The tank muzzle flash will be re-done with scripting to get around the grenade launcher issue, I will also use a different particle since this one seems to have some issues. That should get rid of those square and transparency glitches.

Hi Madmatt,

Sorry to bother you. I was wondering if you're the same Madmatt who did all the cool stuff with Combat Mission?

Cheers,

Darryl

Nope, I never played Combat Mission. A lot of people seem to have the same nick as me.

Thanks for the comments. I know some of you want to see a video, as I said, if anyone makes one I will update my first post with the link. I can't make one myself right now. Screenshots welcome too.

Can anyone post up some video of this and DMMarkwicks Beta 3 effects?

My ArmA PC is down at the moment and I would very much like to view this in action smile_o.gif

Thanks!

Can anyone post up some video of this and DMMarkwicks Beta 3 effects?

My ArmA PC is down at the moment and I would very much like to view this in action smile_o.gif

Thanks!

Might want to post that in 'DMarkwicks Beta 3 effects' thread mate? wink_o.gif

i think he means side-by-side

I'm going to check this one out, it allready sounds promissing smile_o.gif

matt i like this effects..

they don't lag at all, and they still run when other mods are selected.

Thanks.

Damn your right Para!

My bad! (posting again sober)

Gotta stop doing that!

Still nice effects! xmas_o.gif

Holy smokes! Nice clip, Mr.Burns. biggrin_o.gif I've just tried this FX Pack out, and wow... Awesome! thumbs-up.gif

Request: Can you do something with the M136 AT-4/RPG-7 Impact, aswell? smile_o.gif

nice work on the smoke/dust for the grenade. Shouldn't there be a small, instantaneous flash for the grenade also? like a foot or so diameter? just curious.