Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

LOL, well I hope I didn't offend you by suggesting your effects look great biggrin_o.gif it certainly wasn't my intention wink_o.gif

No offense taken, it's all good smile_o.gif

You can use my work as you please, as long as you credit me. So long as I can do the same with yours wink_o.gif

As I said, I can't do textures myself crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Matt... this is insane! biggrin_o.gif Your explosions are great. thumbs-up.gif

I just tested your new version now, and it was fantastic to light up an enemy base with bombs. biggrin_o.gif

The explosions actually looks very similar to the ones used in Star Wars: Rogue Leader/Rebel Strike games for the gamecube and I like those! thumbs-up.gif

You can use my work as you please, as long as you credit me. So long as I can do the same with yours wink_o.gif

As I said, I can't do textures myself crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

LOL, I thought I already had, but looking at my outgoing PMs shows me I hadn't smile_o.gif

But you can, as can anyone who'd like to. Credit given etc wink_o.gif

LOL, well I hope I didn't offend you by suggesting your effects look great biggrin_o.gif it certainly wasn't my intention wink_o.gif

No offense taken, it's all good smile_o.gif

As I said, I can't do textures myself crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

a collaberation of these mods would be perfect, as their aim is the same. So far I've found both mods live happily with each other as well.

Wait.. You can use BOTH?

Wouldnt some of the effects overlap etc?

Also, @DMarwick: The reason why I like Matts grenade effects is because

1) yours appear to be a tad on the dark side (it appears to be a really dark grey) while Matts are lighter colored smoke, similiar to what Ive seen in videos and

2) for some reason I dont always see your effects alright at long ranges while with Matt's I can.

I dont know... I really wish you guys could maybe... idk, team together to create the ultimate ArmA Effects mod? Maybe work together, exchange ideas, share credit? That would be so great as your both very talented and I think your efforts should be combined!

In the meantime, excellent work to both of you, keep it up!

Maybe work together, exchange ideas, share credit? That would be so great as your both very talented and I think your efforts should be combined!

x2

Best Idea I've heard in a while.

thumbs-up.gif

I agree also, as they both maybe, can help each other in graphic bugs, maybe one can share some advice and create these explosion efffects to all events, and for the love of God, fix the huge explosions, they look like party streamers. Well, I have faith that in time they will be fixed. Over all, good job to both MadMatts and Marwick, I use both mods yay.gif I hope the RPG/AT rocket impacts, and all shell impacts are fixed as well, I will wet my pants if that happens.

btw, has that big square flash been fixed yet? MK19 fire omits?

i also agree on the "work together" thing.

But please don't join both in the same pbo file. Make it as it is, seperated so people can decide what to use. I use both by the way..

If the explosions are too extreem like Chammy said, please review them and release a realistic version instead, with the mentioned bugs inlove.gif

cant wait for them..

GOOD WORK guys! thumbs-up.gif

I am using MaddMatts Effects in conjunction with CSM and I love it! notworthy.gif

I placed the Effects PBO in the @CSM folder to reduce the shotcut parameters, and it just makes sense to combine them anyway. wink_o.gif

Very nice work Matt,I can't play Arma without them! smile_o.gif

Only one thing I would prefer the granades explosion without the stones flying..more realistic IMO.

In the first version they were perfect.

Question:

Would be possible remove that ridicule recoil from the Mk19 and AGS30? I really hate it confused_o.gif

I hope the RPG/AT rocket impacts, and all shell impacts are fixed as well, I will wet my pants if that happens.

Lol, I nearly posted a video of my new shell impact effects, the height of bad manners in someone else's thread biggrin_o.gif

Anyways, see it on my thread. If you like it let me know, and RPG/AT effects are next on my list, I found some good footage.

either this or fdf1.02 is causing repeted crashes for me. Ill exmamine more and report back.

This with chammys sound mod is great i will always use it now.

Has anyone else tried using Arma Effects with the 6th sense tracer mod? there seems to be some sort of conflict - when I've tried using them together I just end up getting the stock BIS tracers.

Has anyone else tried using Arma Effects with the 6th sense tracer mod? there seems to be some sort of conflict - when I've tried using them together I just end up getting the stock BIS tracers.

i use them together and they are fine.

awesome work. incredible effects.

andy.

The latest 6th sense update uses ArmAEffects.. You may have a conflict with two versions being present.

Maybe work together, exchange ideas, share credit? That would be so great as your both very talented and I think your efforts should be combined!

x2

Best Idea I've heard in a while.

thumbs-up.gif

I have to agree, sharing info isn't bad, even if you're gonna relase 2 separate things in the end. Or only one mod, but with compatible "choosable" components...That would be just xmas_o.gif

It makes sense, especially since both of you guys aim to achieve realistic effects.

hmm I think I'm using the version 0.2 final release of 6th sense tracers. I'm not using any of the other modules. so i'm surprised that there is a conflict. I can't see any reference to arma effects in the v0.2 final release of the tracers or other modules. Is there a newer version?

hmm I think I'm using the version 0.2 final release of 6th sense tracers. I'm not using any of the other modules. so i'm surprised that there is a conflict. I can't see any reference to arma effects in the v0.2 final release of the tracers or other modules. Is there a newer version?

You using this version? Make sure you use both the tracers and the misc file. The tracers rely on the misc addon to work. Should work fine in combination with my effects mod.

In all my testing I have been running the 6thsense tracers without problems.

What are you working at and when can we expect next update/version? smile_o.gif

Maybe sometime next week. I have made some tweaks so far, but it's not ready for release.

Maybe sometime next week. I have made some tweaks so far, but it's not ready for release.

good to hear, can you post your ideas for future <s>patch</s> version? smile_o.gif

edit: typo

good to hear, can you post your ideas for future <s>patch</s> version? smile_o.gif

edit: typo

I will post more info once I have sorted some things out smile_o.gif

You using this version? Make sure you use both the tracers and the misc file. The tracers rely on the misc addon to work. Should work fine in combination with my effects mod.

In all my testing I have been running the 6thsense tracers without problems.

I thought I was using that version. I have the tracer and misc in the same addon folder. the only other mod i was using in conjuntion with those two is chammys sound mod. I will re download the 6th sense mod and reinstall. hopefully that will sort it.

Problem sorted. My fault. turns out that when I created a folder for the mod I accidentally included a space in the name, which caused the arma effects mod not to work and somehow contrived to screw up the tracer mod as well.

Cheers for your advice. I can't wait to put this mod through its paces.