Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

We can use our custom drops with animated fire or smoke textures, i have a lot of animated textures from texture packs & anower games. I can share it, but.....

But the problem is - if i try to use animated textures with default effects it looks ugly because of particle rotation.

So if i use camp fire texture, i have very strange effect of rotating fire.

Someone needed to remake default effects with custom drops.

We can use our custom drops with animated fire or smoke textures, i have a lot of animated textures from texture packs & anower games. I can share it, but.....

But the problem is - if i try to use animated textures with default effects it looks ugly because of particle rotation.

So if i use camp fire texture, i have very strange effect of rotating fire.

Someone needed to remake default effects with custom drops.

You can change the configs for default effects, one of the parameters would be rotation.

Oh, that reminds me. Symbiot, you know, if you use your fire textures with maddmatts effects, you get a better looking explosion. (I just install symbiots fire mod into Ca.pbo and place madmatts effects PBO into the same addons folder and it looks quite good on explosions). Try using your fire effects and maddmatts effects and blow up a gas station or a tank or somethin, it looks pretty good.

well seems that my crashes had to do something with the russian federation units conflicting between effects mod or FDF 1.2

<span style='color:blue'>Hi MaddMatt,</span>

I would really like to restore the original grenade smoke effect you made in the first release to the new release. Same with the m203/GP(?)  sad_o.gif

Could you tell me lines to cut/paste out of the old config.cpp and where to put it in the config.cpp? If that's possible(?)

The original grenade effect was jawdropping, while I utterly can't stand the new one.  

Thank you for all your hard work   notworthy.gif

Maddmatt.

Just a few thing... the Flash from the AGS is a bit to big and heavy it looks unrealistic.

He's working on that. Apparently an Arma bug that needs a work-around.

<span style='color:blue'>Hi MaddMatt,</span>

I would really like to restore the original grenade smoke effect you made in the first release to the new release. Same with the m203/GP(?) sad_o.gif

Could you tell me lines to cut/paste out of the old config.cpp and where to put it in the config.cpp? If that's possible(?)

The original grenade effect was jawdropping, while I utterly can't stand the new one.

Thank you for all your hard work notworthy.gif

Don't think I changed much with the grenade effect. What exactly don't you like?

If you open the config.cpp just look for the "class grenadesmoke" and similar ones. All grenades use the same effect.

@Sgt.Ace: Cedaie's answer is correct.

Don't think I changed much with the grenade effect. What exactly don't you like?

If you open the config.cpp just look for the "class grenadesmoke" and similar ones. All grenades use the same effect.

It's just that the smoke looked nothing like the old one.

It didn't appear to be full or dark(ish) at all, instead, it was very transparent and through the center I could see a 'fountain of rocks' showering rocks up.

Thanks for the info, I'm not really sure exactly what to replace so I'll just mess around until I get the effect.

smile_o.gif  Good stuff

It didn't appear to be full or dark(ish) at all, instead, it was very transparent and through the center I could see a 'fountain of rocks' showering rocks up.

Thanks for the info, I'm not really sure exactly what to replace so I'll just mess around until I get the effect.

smile_o.gif  Good stuff

Yeah, rocks dont really go flying from grenades. You would have to pack the grenade under some rocks for that to happen. Normally it just leaves a bit of a mark where it went off and a puny amount of scorching. A quick flash and a pile of smoke as in the mod is all that is seen. In fact, the flash is way too slow in ArmA. Running on a 20-30 FPS frame rate, the explosion should only be seen on 1-3 frames.

smile_o.gif Good stuff

Yeah, rocks dont really go flying from grenades. You would have to pack the grenade under some rocks for that to happen. Normally it just leaves a bit of a mark where it went off and a puny amount of scorching. A quick flash and a pile of smoke as in the mod is all that is seen. In fact, the flash is way too slow in ArmA. Running on a 20-30 FPS frame rate, the explosion should only be seen on 1-3 frames.

Yes, and the high explosive bullett effect should looks like this.

A quick flash and some smoke:

Yes, and the high explosive bullett effect should looks like this.

A quick flash and some smoke:

Woo, VERY nice footage there, I'm especially interested in the smokescreen, and the impact sparks at night smile_o.gif

Yeah those sparks are awesome. Same with the impact explosion/smoke combination

smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif  Good stuff

I beg to differ. If there are rocks around the grenade, it sends a hell of alot of rocks all over the place. In fact the whole ground shakes when a hand grenade goes off and you hear lots of "ping ping ping" of shrapnel and debris landing around you. I know because I've thrown live hand grenades in the Army. Those things are a hell of a weapon that you learn to respect.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

By the way, I just wanted to add that rocks and debris flying around the grenade is totally cool imho, it's just that the effect in arma creates a 'fountain' like effect which does not look so good. Again, imho.

I've never had a frag thrown at me, or even seen one explode IRL, but if it's anything like in the RL combat footage, the first explosion effect was closer.

Still, awesome job Matt and thanks for your kickass effects mod!

I´ve tossed a few live fragmentation grenades and one concussion grenade (produces no shrapnel but a powerful pressure increase in confined areas), and I have seen a few detonate. I never saw any large rocks flying around, but rather gravel and mud. I still fancy the effect a lot, and the smoke effect is spot on. That´s what it looks like IRL, but perhaps you could tone down the large rocks.

Version 0.3alpha released, check first post for info and download link.

Grenade launchers no longer have that stupid tank flash smile_o.gif

Doesn't work in combination with the 6thsense.eu mod pack, but that will be resolved soon.

Duuudeeeeeee

ive been using this for about 2 weeks now.

and

your effects+XAM 1.3= totally kickass effects.

keep up the bitchn work.

Doesn't work in combination with the 6thsense.eu mod pack, but that will be resolved soon.

no AA bullet tracer ?

edit: six_tracer incompatible whistle.gif

no AA bullet tracer  ?

edit: six_tracer incompatible  whistle.gif

Interesting, the six tracers work for me.

Great work MaddMatt. This has got to be the best all around mod for ArmA.

OMG Maddmatt!!! Just tried ver3 notworthy.gif

I could just hug ya haha and ya changed the grenade blast again? Looks awesome!

Dude, those vehicle explosions are a pure masterpiece of artwork. Amazing!!!

Anyone not downloading this is missing out hardcore biggrin_o.gif

anyone wanna compile a little demo mission to showcase the

different effects - would be appreciated a lot! smile_o.gif

(no cinematic neccessarily, only all weapons, units and objects you need smile_o.gif)

I'm working the new effects into some combat footage right now, won't be released for a couple days yet. It's something to keep me entertained while Chammy is finishing teh version1 release.

The following mods will be heavily showcased during combat:

<span style='color:blue'>Chammy's SoundMod (Prev. Released Beta)</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Maddmatt's ArmA Effects ver3</span>

<span style='color:blue'>SWATGUY's 3rd Infantry Div. (Unreleased-Thanks SWATGUY! )</span>

<span style='color:blue'>6th Tracers</span>

As always, it's not a 'demo' per se, it's in-game usage of the mods, along side others which collectively improve each other and Armed Assault.

If you're into that, you're in for a good show, I think.  pistols.gif  biggrin_o.gif