Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Your image is way over the size limit. You might want to scale it down before a mod gets to it.

As for your problem, what settings are you running?

With 2 days delay....Kellys ACE2-OA YAS Repo Updated to b390 (ACE2 1.5 RC3).

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-OA YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

Combined Ops & OA-Only. ACE 1.5Betas

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACEOA-Repository/ArmA2ACEOA-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-ArmA2Only YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

ArmA2-Only. ACE 1.3RC1 Stable & won't be updated anymore.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

If you have the AddonSync installed, click on this and add from there -> Kelly's YAS Repos

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

My interaction key is not working...I tried it in the normal key between the windows key and right control but that didn't work so I tried many different keys and they still don't work...Please help!

PS, Yes I did change the key number to the one that corresponds to the key I changed it to and my userconfig/ace is in my Steam > Steam Apps > Common > Userconfig > Ace.

heres my issue, when i run ace my hummers look like crap (similar to the BAF vehicles without the purchase). when i turn ace off they are pretty again... heres what they look like, they all look like...

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4898/arma2oa2010083022164350.png

halp!

EDIT:

found out what it was, it is because of BAF. i renamed the "common" folder to "commonBAF" which disables BAF, now everything looks sexy again.

You need to report this to BIS so they can fix it.

Here's an interesting little bug I've found with BAF/ ACE2:

I like to turn vehicles into custom ammocrates so that I can grab different weapons, medical stuff etc without having to return to a base. I usually just call an sqf in the init of a particular vehicle. The sqf contains weapons, ammo and ACE medical stuff like bandages.

This works well except for BAF vehicles. If I call the sqf for a Jackal, only the weapons appear when gearing up from the vehicle. The ACE medical stuff does not. I can call up the same sqf from a Hummer and see the lot.

Not a game killer, who knows maybe it's even a feature!

The other thing I've noticed is that the novoice ACE option won't silence the BAF player or BAF units. Not a major issue since the voice acting is MUCH better for these units.

Here's an interesting little bug I've found with BAF/ ACE2:

I like to turn vehicles into custom ammocrates so that I can grab different weapons, medical stuff etc without having to return to a base. I usually just call an sqf in the init of a particular vehicle. The sqf contains weapons, ammo and ACE medical stuff like bandages.

This works well except for BAF vehicles. If I call the sqf for a Jackal, only the weapons appear when gearing up from the vehicle. The ACE medical stuff does not. I can call up the same sqf from a Hummer and see the lot.

Not a game killer, who knows maybe it's even a feature!

The other thing I've noticed is that the novoice ACE option won't silence the BAF player or BAF units. Not a major issue since the voice acting is MUCH better for these units.

----1.54patch and BAF just came out, ACE is a community project, they can only polish it in their spare time, and they don't earn a penny from it. so just give them some time to fix these problems.Always admire ACE Team!

----1.54patch and BAF just came out, ACE is a community project, they can only polish it in their spare time, and they don't earn a penny from it. so just give them some time to fix these problems.Always admire ACE Team!

I'm not criticizing, just giving some feedback regarding a possible ACE/BAF related behaviour I have observed. Hopefully the information is of some use to the ACE team.

I'm fully aware of the incredible community based effort behind ACE and don't actually really appreciate being told if my posts are warranted or not.

Finally got the masks and goggles working.

I managed to get it working. I uninstalled arma2 and oa and deleted my old profile [tryed to purge as much as possible]. Reinstalled arma2 and oa then installed ace2 and then changed the name from John Doe to my new profiles name like so [ Ascythian being my profile].

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

class Identity {

name = "Ascythian";

};

Then using the default face [when editing my profile] I was able to see the highlighted goggles/masks option with the app button before I had any googles or masks in my inventory. Try using the default face first to see if it works. See if it works with any other faces after that. Im currently using Farid A but Farid A might not be active in the ace demo in scenarios. I cannot remember where I created my profile but I suggest to do it in ace2 and not arma2 and/or oa.

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

class Identity {

name = "Ascythian";

};

Yes, and that's sufficient for your needs to change profiles out of the menu and/or to use headgear/eyewear ingame. Long time I was misguided/confused by the rumour that in addition you should have to copy that individual part from [nick].ArmA2OAProfile

face="Face07";

glasses="None";

speaker="Male01";

squad="";

pitch=1;

into identity-class of ace_clientside_config.hpp, too, but my experience now is you don't need to in order to enjoy full ace-features, so putting your name into it is enough to get the fun. The only thing that still happens on my side is that when putting stuff off your player's face he will fall back to default-face and voice-pitching goes to zero - is this still a general problem ?

Up the irons ! (sry, just listening to Iron Maiden's new stuff :cool:)

Edited by langgis08

Is there ballistic information readily available for ACE firearms? I know of the integral range cards, of course, but i was more curious about how the ballistics are actually modeled on for various weapons. For instance, the M110 in vanilla seems to trend exactly with a Sierra .308 HPBT at 2550 f/s muzzle velocity as far as various holds were concerned. ACE, however, appears to change this. I'm not sure what muzzle velocities are modeled and what the ballistics are for the rounds I'm firing, so I can't use ballistic calculators any longer to practice and perfect my long distance marksmanship.

could someone help me out for a min please

in the ace_clientside_config.hpp.

its got "TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to remove the intro from arma startup"

i want to Enable radio chatter and its got "//////////////////////////////////////////////*/"

since the to enable has remove //, do i just remove the single /, or add another one?

also when i join games, it says i have a outdated clientside.config or something, but its all updated and i dont get booted from games anyway :)

thanks, hope someone knows!

EDIT: when i remove the / from the lines, i get a error when i try to start game :S

ooooooo i gotta remove the ones infront of "//#define ACE_NOINTRO" i thought it was the big line of //////// haha!

Edited by AussieSausage

could someone help me out for a min please

in the ace_clientside_config.hpp.

its got "TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to remove the intro from arma startup"

i want to Enable radio chatter and its got "//////////////////////////////////////////////*/"

since the to enable has remove //, do i just remove the single /, or add another one?

also when i join games, it says i have a outdated clientside.config or something, but its all updated and i dont get booted from games anyway :)

thanks, hope someone knows!

EDIT: when i remove the / from the lines, i get a error when i try to start game :S

To enable voices add // before the line.

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////
CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER
--------------------
FEATURES: Disables AI radio chatter as well as player radio chatter
---------
TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to enable the NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER feature. To disable, think vice versa.
----------
//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

[color="Red"]//[/color]#define ACE_NOVOICE

If your config is out of date go to @ACE\store\userconfig and extract it. Then move the new files to your userconfig\ace folder and replace the old ones. Then edit to your liking.

To enable voices add // before the line.

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////
CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER
--------------------
FEATURES: Disables AI radio chatter as well as player radio chatter
---------
TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to enable the NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER feature. To disable, think vice versa.
----------
//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

[color="Red"]//[/color]#define ACE_NOVOICE

If your config is out of date go to @ACE\store\userconfig and extract it. Then move the new files to your userconfig\ace folder and replace the old ones. Then edit to your liking.

your a legend! thankyou sir

no more yellow outofdate stuff

bullet shells stay on the ground now to,sweet!

Im just wondering what buttons I need to change my grenade throws. Is it shift-l + 3 or 4 or is it some other combination? I tried shift-l + h when I have switched to grenade using the f key but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Or has it been diabled for ace oa?

Edited by Meester

Im just wondering what buttons I need to change my grenade throws. Is it shift-l + 3 or 4 or is it some other combination? I tried shift-l + h when I have switched to grenade using the f key but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Or has it been diabled for ace oa?

Switching throwing modes has been disabled, but who knows, maybe we'll see it back in one day:whistle:

bugs: The spas12 wont shoot anymore. huntir doesnt work.

where are the bmds , su-27, and rhs aks? why did you removed them?

btw: when are those new sukhois like su-30 coming?

bugs: The spas12 wont shoot anymore. huntir doesnt work.

SPAS-12 doesn't have any ammunition associated with it right now. It was removed with the update to 1.5, and will probably be redone in a future patch.

Hey ACE team, have you got reports of the backpacks being broken, and people being unable to place weapons on their backs? We may of found the cause of the problem... and the solution is very simple.

will confirm and post within 24 hours.

I think i found a bug, After updating ACE I'm unable to add Backpacks to the US ARMY units, Using this AddBackpack "US_Assault_Pack_EP1"; is useless now :mad:

ACE over-rides the default BIS backpack system.

Try the following instead:

this addweapon "ACE_CharliePack";
this setvariable ["ACE_RuckMagContents",[["PipeBomb",2], ["200Rnd_556x45_M249",1]]];

are those new Sukhois included now?

where are the bmds , su-27, and rhs aks? why did you removed them?

btw: when are those new sukhois like su-30 coming?

The Sukhois will find their way into ACE sooner or later. A little bit of patience is always appreciated.

For all other questions:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changes_in_ACE_for_OA

Bug reports still go there: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

So schwer auch nicht?

Hey guys, I have a few questions to ask about the ACE Hellfire features (LOAL, LOBL). I am trying to figure out how to properly use them while playing SP missions and campaign.

The problem is that when I have a basic Player Pilot/Ai Gunner set up, I can't tell my gunner which firing mode to use. The same thing is when I am controlling the ULB. The missiles are guided by the laser, but I can't use LOAL(Hi/Lo) features.

Many of the missiles I fire just get exploded to side of some hill because of this or I have to position my Apache so it gets shot down by some AAA.

Help me out here please.

You people realize posting bug reports here is for the most part pointless, right?

How about using the bug tracker so we can actually get this stuff fixed.

And if you didn't, well, there's your announcement.

You people realize posting bug reports here is for the most part pointless, right?

it's not that pointless imo because for the community's benefit this thread should not only be for "wohooo !" and "hoooray !" and ":yay: you're so damn good" (of course ace team is, I know ;) ). It should be for spreading/communicating recognized issues that might appear not only for the one who posts it, so that anybody here can read about in an easy and fast way. Using bug tracker at dev-heaven should be used aswell, absolutely correct, so bugs will be taken serious and slip into workflow. But what's against using this forum for making stuff public, and if it's only for checking out opinion/knowledge of others at first whether the "bug" that I report is serious or not ? I mean, it doesn't make sense spamming dev-heaven with tickets that aren't worth becoming worked out.