Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP

Am I the only one who sees a horse when looking at it? :eek: ;):p

(lol, sorry mate...couldn't resist. By the way, as I'm writing this, the nude mime is creeping up behind you with a can of silly string.....run.....)

NAY! Tis not a horse! (See the [bad] pun there John?) :p

Although, a horse head fits nicely into the helmet straps...

Epic horse drawing FTW!

horse.jpg

Things have just reached a whole new level of awesomeness. *tries feeding e-horse with carrot, making screen orange*

I have BAF but I'll try these too, judging from the pictures, you should be hired at BI. :pet12:

I have BAF but I'll try these too, judging from the pictures, you should be hired at BI. :pet12:

Cheers man :)

Got bored after work, did more on the L129A1.

Added an RMR(ish) ontop of the ACOG, made the ACOG a bit bigger too. Rebuilt the whole front rail making it slightly shorter than it was...

newl129.jpg

buldozer2010-09-0300-54-53-19.jpg

Edited by STALKERGB

I second that

STALKERGB - great work :)

btw that L129A1 dont have flash hider like SPR

,but barrel is more like SR25 like this

British-L129A1-Sharpshooter.jpg

L129a1.jpg

interesting in this one is , the barrel is like FN Scar H

Edited by RobertHammer

Bottom one is the correct one, top one is a pic that was getting around before the final set-up was picked I believe.

2w3orqa.jpg

edit: added pic (sorry for pic quality photoshop didnt want to do anything decent for under 100kb)

Edited by Sabre
added pic

@RH, yeah I know the flash hider is wrong at the moment, infact the whole model is the SPR model, I just hacked it to pieces :) Very little of the orginal SPR model remains, the barrel, mag, pistol grip, charging handle, bolt catch/release and a couple other little things. Hopefully I'll get round to changing most of those (if they need changing that is).

EDIT: Also, is a quick release system used on the ACOG? Also, what is the exact model of 6x ACOG used? I have been basing mine on the TA648RMR-308.

hacked.jpg

Edited by STALKERGB

£1500 for an optic?! I'm in the wrong business!

You should see how much the VIPIR Thermal Imaging sights cost.

@RH, yeah I know the flash hider is wrong at the moment, infact the whole model is the SPR model, I just hacked it to pieces :) Very little of the orginal SPR model remains, the barrel, mag, pistol grip, charging handle, bolt catch/release and a couple other little things. Hopefully I'll get round to changing most of those (if they need changing that is).

EDIT: Also, is a quick release system used on the ACOG? Also, what is the exact model of 6x ACOG used? I have been basing mine on the TA648RMR-308.

hacked.jpg

Pretty sure that is the right one. If they are using the trijicon mount, I don't believe it is quick-release. I think I know where to find out.

Right well I have been doing some more work on the L129A1, dumped a texture on the thing and have corrected the barrel/flash hider. Done a few other small things since last picture too. Still far from finished but its looking ok I guess.

Anyway, here are some pictures of it in game, the L129A1 is shown along with the Marksman unit model. The RMR glass ontop of the ACOG is green despite appearing blue in these pics, it just tints blue and pink depending on the angle. Also sorry if the aspect ratio is a bit funny, I couldn't be bothered to change my resolution and ratio for the pics....

EDIT: I think the guy with sunglasses looks pretty badass! Especially in the top pic :)

britmks.jpg

Bigger

britmk2s.jpg

Bigger

britmk3s.jpg

Bigger

As always, any comments welcome.

Great! Cant wait to go sniping with this rifle! is it going to be part of this 3para mod or something else (Like PR)

Cheers Bink! Hope your marines are coming along ok :)

@TomatoArden, the rifle will be in a standalone PBO (currently called STKR_Diemaco lol) but I'll probably pack it with the next 3 Rifles release. Will probably offer it seperately but like I mentioned its only really a stop gap until UKF get round to doing theirs.

Looking awesome. I notice in your texture it seems you have depicted a joint between the upper receiver and the rails just forward of the ejection port. The upper receiver and rails are actually one continuous piece. Found some high res pics of the civlilian equivalent to the L129A1, which is much the same except this one has a different barrel and sights in place, and of course different markings.

http://www.defensereview.com/lmt-308-modular-weapon-system-lm308mwse-monolithic-rail-platform-mrp-semi-auto-7-62mm-nato-tactical-ar-riflecarbine/

and of L129A1 configuration here:

http://www.defensereview.com/dr-photos-british-army-config-lmt-308-modular-weapon-system-mws-monolithic-rail-platform-mrp-lmt-l129a1-7-62mm-nato-riflecarbine-for-british-military-marksmen-and-snipers/

The ACOG you indicated is the correct model. The mount is the Trijicon TA75 (which is not QD). Backup sights are Knights Armament Co. 600m rear flip-up and front flip-up sights.

At 4:03 in this video you can see a L129A1 with some sort of night sight mounted forward of the ACOG.

Something to consider.

Wow can't wait to use this with BAF units and you're units :D

Looking good StalkerGB.

ACOG is the TA648MGO, ref. Defense Review photo's and The Firearm Blog.

Can't discerne the reticle (model number etched on the case) though you might be able to from those pretty good quality images - hopefully useful to you.

Night sight is the MUNS, Magnum Universal image intensifier night sight through OmniTech.

defencemanagement.com also states Personal Laser Range Finders will be provided by Vectronix, Switzerland.

I've a decent firing sound sample if you'd like it.

Protegimus

Looking good StalkerGB.

ACOG is the TA648MGO, ref. Defense Review photo's and The Firearm Blog.

Can't discerne the reticle (model number etched on the case) though you might be able to from those pretty good quality images - hopefully useful to you.

Night sight is the MUNS, Magnum Universal image intensifier night sight through OmniTech.

defencemanagement.com also states Personal Laser Range Finders will be provided by Vectronix, Switzerland.

I've a decent firing sound sample if you'd like it.

Protegimus

Thanks for all the info mate, would definately be interested in the firing sound! (PM Sent) Currently using the FN FAL sound so any new audio would be much appreciated :) Also I think I read somewhere the reticule is the one in the pic below, could be mistaken though. Might have a go at modelling the MUNS, looks pretty cool (always the best reason lol)

TA648-308_RedChevron11.jpg

@akd42, cheers for the info aswell. I know the upper reciever includes the rail system, unfotunately, because it is essentially a hacked to pieces SPR model, from the front they look seperate, its no so bad from the player's view but the texture will (hopefully) seem to show a single part upper rather than seperate pieces when I'm done.

Edited by STALKERGB

Can't discerne the reticle (model number etched on the case)

Where is it etched?

Refs we've got show "TA648MGO-308" in white on the left-side of the optical tube, just behind the objective lense and "ACOG6X48PSA27:1" in relief just above the mount.

I believe the rifles as deployed, do have a LaRue QD mount, and eventually they'll have Magpul polymer magazines.

Where is it etched?

Refs we've got show "TA648MGO-308" in white on the left-side of the optical tube, just behind the objective lense and "ACOG6X48PSA27:1" in relief just above the mount.

They couldn't be selling to UK with the biblical passage references, could they?

TA648RMR-308 is the TA648MGO-308 optic with the RMR red dot on top. Reticle above is correct for both (at least as they are sold commercially).

I believe the rifles as deployed, do have a LaRue QD mount, and eventually they'll have Magpul polymer magazines.

It seems you are correct, despite what my reference says.

8x_1xg_2-tm-tfb.jpg

Looks like a Larue mount.