Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP

They couldn't be selling to UK with the biblical passage references, could they?

TA648RMR-308 is the TA648MGO-308 optic with the RMR red dot on top. Reticle above is correct for both (at least as they are sold commercially).

It seems you are correct, despite what my reference says.

http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/8x_1xg_2-tm-tfb.jpg

Looks like a Larue mount.

The ref I got showing the bible verse on the L129's sight was from around the time that Trijicon were getting in the shit from the US mil for putting them on their sights. I think it may actually have been in a BFBS report about the MoD buying the sights without realising it had those references.

AFAIK Trijicon have stopped putting them on, so whether the sights in service on the L129 have them probably depends on when they completed the order.

That sight had thumbscrews for attaching the sight to the rail rather than the QD mount that appears to be used now - so if they've been delivered with a different mount in the intermittent time, it's possible they don't have the bible refs. Equally they could have got a different model of the TA648 since and the observed model number is useless for determining the reticle pattern.

All the media for the L129 late last year and early this year depicted the sight mount with thumbscrews, but stuff from theatre shows a distinct lack of the screw lugs on the right-hand sight of the mount but it's a pain in the arse to find a pic that properly confirms it.

Best I've managed to find is this image from LMT/LEI which according to an LEI rep shows the MoD-spec rifle (minus the Harris bipod)

L129A1TA648grip.jpg

Definitely a LaRue QD mount there

and the first few frames of this video:

http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/18827.aspx

Which sort of looks like it has levers like the above QD mount or some other model, but certainly not thumbscrews.

Amazing! I belong to team StalkerGB.... you know... team Jacob... team Edward... Blah blah... Great looking units!

As said before. On BIForums everyday is christmas

The ref I got showing the bible verse on the L129's sight was from around the time that Trijicon were getting in the shit from the US mil for putting them on their sights. I think it may actually have been in a BFBS report about the MoD buying the sights without realising it had those references.

Yeah the BBC and Sky reported that the L129A1's scope had bible references on it and that trijicon were going to supply removal kits so it didn't end up looking like some kind of holy war....

I think I'll have a look at editing my mount to something more like theLaRue QD.

I belong to team StalkerGB....

Haha yeah I'm much cooler than a vampire and werewolf!

I totally forgot the British media and MoD were involved in that brouhaha.

Haha yeah I'm much cooler than a vampire and werewolf!

You're not....going to start taking your shirt off and wear glitter are ya?Otherwise we'll be forced to send in the mime to steak ya, mate.

You're not....going to start taking your shirt off and wear glitter are ya?Otherwise we'll be forced to send in the mime to steak ya, mate.

Haha nah I don't sparkle or take my shirt off for no apparent reason :) So tell the mime to stand down before its too late!

Dunno if you have seen this:

8vzeDRiI51U

Is it just me or adding that pair of glasses to the helmet makes it look so more cooler?

Haha nah I don't sparkle or take my shirt off for no apparent reason :) So tell the mime to stand down before its too late!

Dunno if you have seen this:

8vzeDRiI51U

oh. my. god.

I has been modelling the MUNS for my GUN....s :)

Do excuse the slightly iffy shading issues in the middle, tested it in O2 and it seemed quick to sort if I don't fix it in modo, still need to texture it (god i hate texturing! lol).

EDIT: I know my model isn't super accurate either, might get it closer to the rel thing if I get a chance but haven't really had too much time to do this...

Also, if anyone has any pictures or finds any of the MUNS optic placed infront of an ACOG i'd appreciate it. Doesn't have to be on the L129A1, just wanted to get an idea of how it should look in relation to an ACOG of some kind.

MUNS.jpg

MUNS2.jpg

MUNS3.jpg

Might post a pic of it on the L129A1 if I can be bothered to set it up on the rifle...

Anyway, comments welcome.

Edited by STALKERGB

dude that's awesome!

what is it?!!? :p

This: Magnum Universal Night Sight. It goes infront of any scope the user has on their weapon.

Pics and info

MVP-PVS27P.jpg

Just saw those pics of that rifle in game

it gave me a big rubbery one, great stuff!

Cheers for the nice comments guys :)

Does anyone have any decent pictures of the (seemingly infinite) cummerbund setup on the Assault Osprey?

I'd be really interested in any pictures showing the below setup, some of you probably remember da12th posting this pic:

ospreymk4small.jpg

For a start, is this the same setup as the pic above?

ospreymk4variantsmall.jpg

And then how does this one differ to those two? (obvioulsy its an earlier version of Assualt Osprey though.)

SOLO-International-Ltd-imagebig-i38-ql3.jpg

But any clear images of the cummerbund, regardless of how its setup, would be good, or even just a clear description of its setup lol. Da12th was very helpful explaining it earlier in this thread but if someone could explain the setup in the above pics that would be good!

Cheers.

Edited by STALKERGB

I look forward to the L129A1 in game.

It is rapidly becoming one of my favorite rifles(as I own one now).

If you would like some pictures at various angles, I can provide some. However I am not a great photographer.

Will you be considering the newly issued daysack for the next/future release?

http://www.arrse.co.uk/qms-clothing-equipment/140783-new-issue-daysack-herrick.html

Sorry for a very slow reply, been busy with uni etc.

Will probably add the MTP daysack at some point, seeing as it isn't directly attached to the model it wouldn't be replacing anything (by that i mean i can still have the DPM version too).

Hopefully i can get round to finishing a new release at some point, we'll see...

@Road Runner, cheers man :)

mk1s.jpg

Larger

Basically have finished this release of my Brit units, probably won't get alot (if any) time after this to do any more work on my mod. Not sure if the L129A1 will make it into the release, still a bit to do on it so might just use the L86 for now.

Added blood textures yesterday and just need to go over everything to make sure its finished. Also need to finish the config but will be releasing as soon as I can.

Awesome work mate, looking forwards to the release

(by the by, where you at for uni?)

Edited by DaveP

Happy face, happy face, happy face, happy face :)

Fantastic work Stalker. Your models are by far the best of the British units out there (including the BAF ones). Thanks for the models and good luck with uni.