Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP

STALKERGB's British 3 Rifle MTP OA Addon v1.3

Right well this is what some of you may have seen from the 4 Rifle thread, I felt that they needed a rename seeing as I've moved into ARMA 2

Basically contains all the infantry you will need (hopefully). All units are using the new MTP the Brits employ although there is a very small amount of DPM on peripheral objects on the infantry.

This is completely compatible with ALL OA's new features. So any site that has an OA release section can put these under there.

V1.3

-Completely rebuilt/weighted upper body on ALL units.

-Consolidated textures so overall size of the addon is smaller.

-Added Crewman class.

-Added the L129A1 sharpshooter rifle (placeholder). Not very accurate to real life version but will do for now.

-Added Groups to config. Can be found under BLUFOR/UK ARMED FORCES/INFANTRY (STKR).

-Resized Mk 7 Helmet slightly.

-Replaced helmet strap to be more accurate.

-Replaced nearly all DPM with newer MTP pattern. DPM only found on smaller peripheral objects.

V1.2

-Added missing AT weapon proxy to Marksman and Sniper.

-Added Lead Scout in full MTP.

-Added Light Rifleman with MTP Assualt Osprey.

-Created new open top mag pouch.

-Added THERMAL MAPS to units. (OA only)

-Updated units to use backpack system. (OA only)

-Added OA material settings for skin on arms. (OA only)

-Added Daysack, ECM/Comms Pack and Patrol Pack to BIS backpack system. (OA only)

-Updated config for users with OA (with or without ARMA2).

-Created seperate config for people with just ARMA2 (alpha test)

-L115A2 NO LONGER OPTIONAL, replaced L96A1 with L115A2 in all configs.

V1.1

-Shadow problems fixed (mainly backpack related)

-Added Light Rifleman

-Added T-Shirt model (on light rifleman)

-Added OPTIONAL L115A3 config to main 7zip. So no need to DL the config seperately (although most mirrors seemed to combine them).

V1.0

-New Mk7 helmet on all units.

-Created Osprey Assualt, applied to most units.

-Created Mk3 Osprey in Hybrid DPM, found on AT Rifleman and Medic.

-Introduced new multi terrain pattern to units

-MASSIVE reduction in sections. Most units have only 5. The older ones had like 20 up!

pic1s.jpg

Larger

pic2s.jpg

Larger

pic4s.jpg

Larger

pic3s.jpg

Larger

#################################################

These units use the P:UKF Weapon pack which can be downloaded from HERE

Now that the L115A3 is a requirement you will also need the OOPz/UKF L115A3 addon

#################################################

###

The units can be found under "UK Armed Forces" in the editor.

###

CLASSNAMES

STKR_BritMTP_SL - Section/Squad Leader

STKR_BritMTP_R - Rifleman

STKR_BritMTP_C - Crewman

STKR_BritMTP_RL - Light Rifleman

STKR_BritMTP_MK - Marksman

STKR_BritMTP_G - Grenadier

STKR_BritMTP_E - Engineer

STKR_BritMTP_M - Medic

STKR_BritMTP_TL - Team Leader

STKR_BritMTP_S - Sniper

STKR_BritMTP_AT - AT Rifleman

STKR_BritMTP_AR - LMG Gunner

STKR_BritMTP_RL - Light Rifleman

STKR_BritMTP_LS - Lead Scout

STKR_BritMTP_LG - Light Grenadier

########CREDITS#########

-SUMA (massive thanks) for allowing me to use my "traced" OA model parts.

-Protegimus for sending me the L129A1 sounds.

-JOHNNY for the source release of his Army SF, parts of textures/reference and model bits used.

-Sander for the Hybrid DPM

-SafetyCatch for the MTP Camo as seen in the SJB SAS Pack.

-P:UKF for being very helpful with classnames for weapons and reference.

-THANKS TO ANYONE ELSE WHO GAVE ME INFORMATION RELATING TO BRITISH FORCES YOU ARE TOO NUMEROUS TO NAME.

-If I have forgotten anyone, PM me and I'll stick you in here :)

-And obviously BIS.

-The rest was done by me STALKERGB.

Anyway,

Link below:

STALKERGB's British 3 Rifles MTP V1.3 OA Addon Armaholic.com mirror

STALKERGB's British 3 Rifles MTP V1.3 OA Addon Armedassault.info mirror

STALKERGB's British 3 Rifles MTP V1.3 OA Addon

STALKERGB's British 3 Rifles MTP V1.3 BAF Voice config. (Optional)

#####ARMA2 Users###########

Link to ARMA2 version of the 3 RIFLES addon v1.2

########################

STALKERGB .bikey link

Link to Updated config for new UKF Weapons ARMA 2 Only

Hope you guys enjoy.

STALKERGB/Matt

Edited by STALKERGB
Update v1.3

Awesome work STALKERGB, they are awesome :yay::yay::yay:

Many thanks for the hard work:)

Got the horn Jonny? :D Great stuff stalker its great we finally have some British Infantry for ArmA2.

Depending on how quickly play.com sends OA out to me, and depending on how much work needs doing (if anything), i'll get these in OA by the end of the week too! maybe opptomistic but who knows lol.

@All, glad everyone likes :) Updated first post with mirror from armaholic.com

Thx for the release!

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

8936430.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - UKF Weapons Pack

DOWNLOAD - UKF Accuracy international L115A3

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1462][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/8936430.gif][/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1089]DOWNLOAD - UKF Weapons Pack[/url]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1458]DOWNLOAD - UKF Accuracy international L115A3[/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1462]DOWNLOAD - British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP (v.1.0) - [45 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1089]DOWNLOAD - UKF Weapons Pack[/url]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1458]DOWNLOAD - UKF Accuracy international L115A3[/url]

@Imutep, Have you included the updated config that uses the L115A3 in the DL? If not then the UKF L115A3 isn't a required addon. You only need it if you use the updated config.

Thanks for the mirror!

I've updated the download right now and included the updated config file. Wrote also a notice in news and the download site. ;)

They're good. But the community is still lacking a basic British Temperate uniform. The desert helmets really contrast environments like Chernarus. Good to see progress though

They're good. But the community is still lacking a basic British Temperate uniform. The desert helmets really contrast environments like Chernarus. Good to see progress though

The british temperate DPM is to be put out of service, I will probably get round to doing it at some point though. To be honest, I didn't think the desert dpm contrasted too badly with chernarus. Once the MoD sorts out what it wants the british kit to look like I can create specific versions of everything (temperate, desert etc) but its hard when they seem to chop and change avery 5 minutes :)

EDIT: @All, would there be an interest in me doing a temperate DPM version of these models? (even if no such thing exists in RL)

The temperate would still be nice, but in all honestey it would probably be easier just to make the helmets and vests the same color/pattern as the uniform.

Well I might make some "old" style british infantry, with Mk6a helmets and so on. I already have done the models for them so it wouldn't take too long I guess.

Stalker.

With regards to Temperate units don't bother, the new Assault Osprey covers are starting to go out in MTP now so all you need to do is texture the Body Armour MTP, give them an MTP helmet cover and give them black boots and voila Temperate unit. In the real world MTP will come in two seperate materials a heavier cut for Temperate and a lighter material as it is now for Desert/Tropical conditions - seeing as no one will know how heavy the cloth is on your units you don't need make this difference.

So literally, your desert units would be in full MTP [body armour, helmet cover, UBACS, Trousers] and dessie boots, probably desert gloves.

Your 'temperate' ones would be in full MTP [as above] with black boots and whatever gloves.

MTP or Cayote brown pouches too.

What I would also do is add a model who's wearing a t-shirt under the body armour instead of UBACS just to mix it up a little.

Have just noticed an issue with the grenadier shadow, fixing asap.

Nice to see all those brits guys working together to release all those units\weapons and combine everything!

Thanks!

Depending on how quickly play.com sends OA out to me, and depending on how much work needs doing (if anything), i'll get these in OA by the end of the week too! maybe opptomistic but who knows lol.

@All, glad everyone likes :) Updated first post with mirror from armaholic.com

Stlaker words don't describe the good work you do, thank you so much i can't wait to put these in duala.

Hopefully these and other ARMA2 units will work with OA out of the box.

oo when oa comes out could you do configs for the lee enfield and fn fal. just be funy to see soldiers using modern uniform with yesteryears rifle (or something closeish to yesteryears rifle with the fn fal) otherwise, these are awesome, the ukf just need to release their weaps pack and itll be complete!!! :) :)

UPDATE!

British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP v1.1

Noticed a couple little issues (mainly shadow related) so fixed that, felt a bit guilty making everyone re-download just for little niggles that are fixed so added a new unit too.

-Shadow problems fixed (mainly backpack related)

-Added Light Rifleman

-Added T-Shirt model (on light rifleman)

-Added OPTIONAL L115A3 config to main 7zip. So no need to DL the config seperately (although most mirrors seemed to combine them).

If you want to use the L115A3 config then you will need to DL the UKF L115A3 ontop of getting hold of the UKF weapons pack but it is not necessary. The units will use the L96 from the UKF weapons pack with the normal config. The L115A3 config is in the "British 3 Rifle MTP cfg update" folder in the 7zip.

Link to British 3 Rifle MTP v1.1 Download

3rlrs.jpg

Larger