Placebo

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead Impressions - ALL OA Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

:eek: But I get 5fps for some reason when I took this shot. :(

The skin textures and faces have been improved.

Those ACU textures are Nice....

Those pics look nice!

:yay: :yay: :D

A soldier giving birth? ^ :p

Yes and Im proud to annouce that the baby is named Call of Duty 7. :D

@Flash Thunder. um bad pics pls remove from site. users of dis forom wud not like to see screens bad like dat. okl? thx.

But 4srs. That first screenshot is nice. Did you try renaming your arma2oa.exe to BioShock2.exe helped me with FPS quite a bit.

I just want to say Thank you BI for the awesome game!, IMO this expansion took ARMA2 to the next level, Please keep making expansions and keep supporting this game :D

The only complaint i have is that the campaign is too short, and some minor bugs.

@Flash Thunder. um bad pics pls remove from site. users of dis forom wud not like to see screens bad like dat. okl? thx.

But 4srs. That first screenshot is nice. Did you try renaming your arma2oa.exe to BioShock2.exe helped me with FPS quite a bit.

Why thank you.

Yeah I named the exe to:

GirlsgonewildAO.exe (ao=adults only) :p

Using the thermal on Utes and Chernaru= HNNNNG!

My only wish is more performance, more work done to RV engine, im happy with content I want this engine to be the best it could be and hopefully BIS will rework/improve some of the sectors that get alot of complaints

As a server operator all i can say is :yay: our dual and quad cores are seeing massive improvements, Dysnc virtually none existent.

Note to addon and Mod makers, do not ruin this moment:p

I've bought EVERY BI Game the day it came out, I've gotten most of my friends into everything from OFP to Arma 2, I've defended the awesome games you've produced, I've put up with crippling bugs that would've kept any other game of the market... FOR YEARS before you guys fixed it (or just plain sold another product).

No more.

I'm sick of being treated like a third-rate customer. I'm sick of having to wait for unofficial third-parties to fix what is wrong with your game in the first place. Sick of half-assed products that haven't even gone through a modicum of play-testing, with convoluted, out of the box "fixes" to problems that shouldn't have been there in the first place!

So what? Did your pc catch fire the moment arrowhead was installed you ask (most rants are caused by gentlemen with learning issues with faulty computer(parts) / outdated drivers?

No!

Did your archaic computer-part, made by the lowest bidder in some faraway country not get supported somehow?

Nope!

Are you having crippling performance issues? Or did the AI poop in your cereal this morning?

Nope, none of the above, it actually runs and as usual I miss out on most of the crippling bugs...

So then why are you complaining? Why?

BECAUSE of how we are treated by BI. Because of the fact that having a rabid fan-base is getting them of the hook for things that will have any other developer quartered and drawn!

Arrowhead is a POS that should've stayed in development for at least another 2 months so it was somewhat playable for most users! Again we're getting fed a sub-par batch of content, that while cool and all that is still buggy as hell, combining it into the game is an exercise in futility, with the game illogically refusing to do things again, that it did earlier WITHOUT YOU HAVING CHANGED A THING!

If we keep allowing them to crap all over us like this we could just send them money, we've got their address and let them send us their feces back. (Hey mine's got chunks! Cool!)

I for one aren't taking it anymore. I want a proper game, that has been tested! I don't care if it takes a couple of months longer, I know they are one of the few independent developers left, but that shouldn't give them the right to treat their customers like dirt.

And we shouldn't let them treat us like that, we should learn to vote with our wallets! NOW! YESTERDAY!

Only if they FEEL that releasing a sub-par product is actually hurting them will they learn, only then will they learn to provide us with something that approaches a working state! As long as we allow them to do what they want and get money there's no incentive for them to do anything about it...

Even though releasing a superior product would get them much more money, goodwill and customers in the end.

I've had it, and I hope more follow me. When the next product gets released I will be here, and WAIT this time! Wait until they've turned the pumpkin into a carriage and only then reward them!

Jonathan "Lord Byte" Delahaye

Arrowhead is a POS that should've stayed in development for at least another 2 months so it was somewhat playable for most users! Again we're getting fed a sub-par batch of content, that while cool and all that is still buggy as hell, combining it into the game is an exercise in futility, with the game illogically refusing to do things again, that it did earlier WITHOUT YOU HAVING CHANGED A THING!

Besides OFP: Cold War Crisis, I thought this to be their best release, and if you cant deal with the minor bugs (I've not come across one game breaking bug EVER) then the community does not need you here to rant.

Have a nice day.

???

No clue what is wrong with your OA installation, from what you wrote...

Cool rant, Bro'

well i guess you can always return to the loving arms of codemasters, EA infinityward, or anyother big PC game maker/publisher because of thier obviously better game support.

sarcasm for those of you who are a bit thick

BI may not be perfect, but they are still some of the best

Edited by That guy

Last BI game I will ever buy

When the next product gets released I will be here, and WAIT this time!

Wait until they've turned the pumpkin into a carriage and only then reward them!

Make up your mind!

Simple Game philosophy

Enjoy - play

Dont enjoy - Dont play

Simples :)

Lol, you'd think your life depended on this game being bugfree, what with the extreme anger conveyed by your post. But why feel the need to make a rant about it? Isn't not playing/buying the game good enough? It would be the more mature way to go about doing things.

Anyways, I stopped reading your rant less than half way through. It's just useless garbage that can't help anyone, not even BIS. How could it be cripplingly buggy and unplayable if I've been playing it for many hours each day since it's release, playing both the SP and MP content as well as using all of the new units and features with hardly any problems, and doing so completely fine at generally around 40 to 75 FPS?

Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for everyone else. Think of that next time you decide to rant your ass off.

Edited by Zipper5

I've bought EVERY BI Game the day it came out, I've gotten most of my friends into everything from OFP to Arma 2, I've defended the awesome games you've produced, I've put up with crippling bugs that would've kept any other game of the market... FOR YEARS before you guys fixed it (or just plain sold another product).

No more.

I'm sick of being treated like a third-rate customer. I'm sick of having to wait for unofficial third-parties to fix what is wrong with your game in the first place. Sick of half-assed products that haven't even gone through a modicum of play-testing, with convoluted, out of the box "fixes" to problems that shouldn't have been there in the first place!

So what? Did your pc catch fire the moment arrowhead was installed you ask (most rants are caused by gentlemen with learning issues with faulty computer(parts) / outdated drivers?

No!

Did your archaic computer-part, made by the lowest bidder in some faraway country not get supported somehow?

Nope!

Are you having crippling performance issues? Or did the AI poop in your cereal this morning?

Nope, none of the above, it actually runs and as usual I miss out on most of the crippling bugs...

So then why are you complaining? Why?

BECAUSE of how we are treated by BI. Because of the fact that having a rabid fan-base is getting them of the hook for things that will have any other developer quartered and drawn!

If we keep allowing them to crap all over us like this we could just send them money, we've got their address and let them send us their feces back. (Hey mine's got chunks! Cool!)

I for one aren't taking it anymore. I want a proper game, that has been tested! I don't care if it takes a couple of months longer, I know they are one of the few independent developers left, but that shouldn't give them the right to treat their customers like dirt.

And we shouldn't let them treat us like that, we should learn to vote with our wallets! NOW! YESTERDAY!

Only if they FEEL that releasing a sub-par product is actually hurting them will they learn, only then will they learn to provide us with something that approaches a working state! As long as we allow them to do what they want and get money there's no incentive for them to do anything about it...

Even though releasing a superior product would get them much more money, goodwill and customers in the end.

I've had it, and I hope more follow me. When the next product gets released I will be here, and WAIT this time! Wait until they've turned the pumpkin into a carriage and only then reward them!

Jonathan "Lord Byte" Delahaye

Bye then.

OA is by far the most finished and well working product i ever bought from BIS.

I feel like they listen to what the community says and wants and add lots of contenteven if it isnt used in the campaign just so we have all possibilitys if we make our own.

Not to mention the laugheable price i paid for all that...

BIS members also are availeable to the community and regulary talk to them, if i send Marek a PM i always got a reply, not much companies have such love for the community these days.

Edited by Shadow NX

Maybe he is just mad becuase his computer can not run it with 30+ FPS? ;)

Just a suggestion

^this. Well... It's at least tied with OFP. :p

In terms of it's state at release, however, it's definitely the best. But according to Lord Byte here; "ZOMFG IT ISN'T!!!1111one"

Not to mention the laugheable price i paid for all that...

Couldn't agree more.

I'd gladly pay the price of an AAA game for this (~ $60).

@Zipper5

Try out OFP 1.00 and well talk again ;)

All the nice bugs it had... like flying BMPs instead of parachutes... or tanks that lay upside down and once you fired it would fly over the whole map... list is long.

we could just send them money, we've got their address

I should, for the price of a few games (and even with the spending of thousands of dollars for cpu upgrades over the years, which would have happened anyways), I have had 1000s of hours of enjoyment for what I consider a very low price. It has been worth every penny.

As far as your rant goes, what's your point? I didn't quite grasp it. Something about never buying another BIS game and waiting for the next one...

Yes, of course. OFP 1.00 was a mess, to put it lightly. :p

As I said before (damnit Cole :mad: ):

In terms of it's state at release, however, it's definitely the best. But according to Lord Byte here; "ZOMFG IT ISN'T!!!1111one"

;)

Maybe he is just mad becuase his computer can not run it with 30+ FPS? ;)

Just a suggestion

Perhaps you should read his rant instead of trying to join the thread-bandwagon?

And Lord Byte, I know where you come from, I've been there myself.

It's such a defeat trying to play this great game and always been stopped dead in your tracks by performance issues, bugs that ruin the experience, immersion or get you killed because the AI killed you through a wall ( *sigh* ) Ever since the release of OA, I've tweaked and tested the game to reach a PLAYABLE performance, I'm not kidding - Look at my specs for crying out loud!

But I always tell myself, there is no other game that provides what BIS offers, so I might as well suck it up and hope for the best. Plus, few other games have this level of developer support / feedback and third party modding support ( Although few games are this bug riddled ).

So for me it's a trade-off, I accept the ups and downs of the game and I also get to play and experience one of the few games in the business that provides me with a proper military experience and hasn't been "Call of Duty'ified" so to speak.

And to the people just writing out crap, at least read his rant and add something to the discussion, you sound like the people you'd find at the Modern Warfare 2 forums. I was sure people who play these type of games were in another maturity group.

So hopefully you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel and can except the flaws of the game because deep down inside, you know it's a diamond in the rough ;D

You cannot create a game of this scale and expect no bugs what so ever. yes there are plenty of minor bugs (some not so minor) but BIS always patch their games, they always post on the forums... they ask for feedback and LISTEN etc... you say they treat us like dirt? they do not release poor ripoff's and then abandon them few months later like CM do.

Also, I have no idea from your post what bug or bugs that has made you turn away from the BEST war simulator game out to date. :cool:

I am here to say my good bye before this post get lock :bye::D

Ummmmm I am confused?.

Ok I am a fanboy of OFP,ARMA etc and BIS :) I will all so admit that OA has bugs and since I installed it ARMA2 has seemed to have suffered to I get terrible LOD in both OA and AMRA2 now for some reason.

But I think you is getting a little carried away here they aint that bad come on EA,Code masters get away with worse.