Placebo

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead Impressions - ALL OA Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

10 Minutes full of silly madness...

:yay:

WOOOOOOttt more more more.

Great work as normal looking forward to the next episode.

LOL Absolutely brilliant. I laughed out loud more than once. Well done.

Great stuff, Mondkalb, keep it coming :D

"I think the ashtray´s full" ROFL

Pure epicness :) 10 minutes of brilliant stuff.

Great stuff Mondkalb!

Outstanding work ! can't wait for the ep.3 :bounce3:

Better and better Mondkalb!

BIS, just had my first real MOUT session. Can't even remember WHERE it was (Edit: Rasman), but the variety of buildings, the detail, the possibilities of cover and tactics.. OUTSTANDING! Please move the AI toward a greater desire to use or search/secure buildings. The detail level of the towns was one thing that shooters like Battlefield had over you. No longer! One of my friends even spontaneously shouted 'Wolverines!!' when we ambushed a convoy. It really was that good. The setup, the ambush, and the disengagement/running battle (yes we were quite outnumbered and outgunned) was EPIC! Destroyed the middle of the town by the time we got out of there. Thank You!

Just ended a warfare session and I was totally pleased with OA. We liberated all towns under heavy fighting and for the first time ever I was totally awesome for my side:):bounce3:

Just finished an MP CTF evening. General feeling from all concerned was that the new islands and scenery (lots of enterable buildings) made for an excellent and very pretty environment. There's still a couple of MP bugs to fix but it's looking very promising.

hi there i just bought combined operations last day, installed both games, started arma2, got into the tutorials ...AND HATED IT!

WHY? i had to redo the very first basic one at least 5 times,...due to having only one javelin,...leaving the assault course without recognizing its boundaries,...not auto-saving, finishing the tutorial unsuccessful and loosing the save state by clicking retry...doh i started to really hate bohemia for this unpolished game.....but after keeping at it and finishing the arma2 tuts i started to do the expansions tuts and oh my:

IT TURNED MY MOOD COMPLETELY!!

this time the tutorial experience is highly polished! the menues are better writen, its always clear where to look (since the default yellow markers are impossible to recognize for a newb), the whole experience is so smooth and rewarding that my faith in all the hype this game got is completely restored.

i cant wait to continue tommorrow and im already blown away from the scope of this game. (i played flashpoint back then, but never arma1 due to shitty performance, then i played dragon rising and while its very polished, the scope is so limited and no support burried that game premature).

so thanks for having me on this forum and dont be too harsh on me if i start to ask maybe stupid questions once in a while :)

cheers

krz9000

welcome to the forums. Glad you enjoyed OA, I was stunned too when I first played OA tutorials. :)

ya rly the tutorials are pretty sweet.

I like the new pop up windows with better descriptions and the little one screen red floaty waypoint.

Been playing around with OA a bit over the past few days. I think it's fair to say that OA is to ArmA 2 was Resistance was to OFP (perhaps minus the awesome campaign, but in terms of the impressive amount of new features and improvements)

One thing though - would a thermal sight be affected by vegetation? I was doing some night time sniping, and I was figuring that some grass shouldn't be enough to block out the heat signature of a person...

Edited by echo1

I'd figure grass and vegetation could physically block a heat signature just like any other solid object.

Yup Steakslim, you are totally correct. For proof, just look at some AH-64 footage in a highly vegetative area. Palms, thickets, sawgrass (or their version of it in Iraq) all block the thermals. Well, ya know, gotta make it SOMEWHAT interesting! :p The Predator had it far too easy in those movies. lol

Vegetation would block it, FLIR has no kind of x-ray effects all it does is see variations in heat signatures no matter how small the object is if it would block your vision with normal sight it would block FLIR unless it had a difference in heat (and was glass)

Wow amazing AC130 video here: Especially at 8:11 when the vehicle tries to run away!

WMY5Y45U5YI

I was being nasty to the AI heli pilots by knocking out their tail rotors, they could land 9 times out of 10 so I decided to try and knock out the main rotor too.

It all resulted in mid air collision.

brjJeIOmX04

Done while messing around in the new Allied Forces Scenario.

Love this game, thanks BIS.

Edited by Liquidpinky

What a Great find! Easter egg?

Actually, I think it´s a simple oversight. The first screenshots of the OA US Army soldiers had the 82nd Airborne patches and ISAF patch too, so it´s quite feasible that they simply forgot to change the IR texture to the new TF Knight patch among all the other amazing things they implemented.

Granted, I expected much more in the AI and Interface departements, but what we have now is fine too. Hopefully they´ll work on the AI with the beta patches. FEAR-esque levels of AI action would be cool to have. One can dream.

Good game, BIS, keep your game up this way, and things will become pretty amazing once you begin to unleash the DLCs.

Vegetation would block it, FLIR has no kind of x-ray effects all it does is see variations in heat signatures no matter how small the object is if it would block your vision with normal sight it would block FLIR unless it had a difference in heat (and was glass)

Hi all

In reality Glass in particular Pilkington K Glass is an excellent IR screen.

A thermal blanket can stop IR, those silvered ones. Silvered rockwoll insulation does it too. Heck even a duvet will give you many seconds even minutes of IR protection.

There was a Mythbusters episode where they walked in front of IR based alarm system and it fooled it totally.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Thanks for the clarification.

EpicScenaryOperationArrowheadMaxeds.jpg

:eek: But I get 5fps for some reason when I took this shot. :(

NapFail.jpg

The skin textures and faces have been improved.

Those ACU textures are Nice....