Sign in to follow this  
raedor

The official football World Cup 2010 in SA thread

We looked the dogs in qualifying under Capello-whats gone wrong?

I can't believe that England is playing so bad, it's sad really...

France is the biggest dissapointment so far though.

Indeed, but it was foreseeable :rolleyes:

What about todays matches. I think New Zealand is to much for Italy :D

Former and actual masters are in embarassing shape.

France? What about Germany? :)

I remember Germany being one of the only teams that managed to score more than 1 goal in a match;)

And NZ take the lead...even if a tad offside :P

Lucky Azzuris, they have good actors to obtain the "drawing penalty" ^^) so I guess that it balances the offside...

Congrat' NZ, All Whites are very brave !

Well done New Zealand, deserved draw.

Did anyone else listen to the match on BBC Five Live? I dont much care for Robby Savage, but he was brilliant on the commentary.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

I dont much care for Robby Savage, but he was brilliant on the commentary.

LOL agreed he is abit of a pratt!

Go Kiwis, go! :cool:

Lucky (and offside) goal, but who cares! Now if only Fifa would let them do the Haka before their next (and probably last) match in this tournament...

Poor kaka, shame on Keita, my god, Raedor isn't going to appreciate those French referees more than he already does :)

Ahhh.... What a Game :D

Dirty football by IC? 2nd BRA goal 2x hand combo :rolleyes:

I have nothing against BRA, they played good but Hand goal for real? And Referee smile face after that :S EPIC FAIL!!!

Tho 2nd, HAND Goal, brake IC and made them pissed. I can't say IC player made hard foul against Elano, It was clearly playing situation both trying to get ball. After that BRA-s were pissed and after 3:1 goal, BRA nerves boiled over. Almost brake out full fight :D

Kaka is only player in BRA team that I really hate, and he deserved that red :P

Good Drama in WC

Poor kaka, shame on Keita, my god, Raedor isn't going to appreciate those French referees more than he already does :)

Yeah the last 10 minutes just seemed to sink into a fouling match but kaka didn't do anything to deserve the 2nd yellow, I think FIFA will have something to say about his pretend injury to his face.

To be honest I thought, for much of the match the referee had been ok but there were some major things he missed (handball anyone?).

And did you see him talking to the guys who scored the 2nd?

REF: Did it hit your arm by any chance?

PLAYER: My arm? Nooo, of course not.... :)

REF: Ok then, carry on.

Maybe the same happend with Keita and Kaka.

REF: Did he hurt your beautiful face?

KEITA: Yes he did!

REF: Ok then.

2nd BRA goal 2x hand combo :rolleyes:

One word: Awesome!

luisfabiano_braco_efe620.jpg

REF: Did it hit your arm by any chance?

PLAYER: My arm? Nooo, of course not.... :)

REF: Ok then, carry on.

Maybe the same happend with Keita and Kaka.

REF: Did he hurt your beautiful face?

KEITA: Yes he did!

REF: Ok then.

That was very British of you. I kinda LOL'd at it. You have my thanks! :bounce3:

The 2nd yellow card for Kaka was the referee trying to preserve his authority, not realizing he had already lost it like 15 minutes earlier when he failed to give a red card for the potentially bone-breaking foul on (IIRC) Bastos (the one similar to what happened to Elano, but this one being intentional) and more yellow cards for the way the Ivory Coast players behaved. So many mistakes in the last 30 minutes, so I wouldn't be surprised if they give him the next important match, following FIFA/EUFA logic of rewarding/protecting bad referees.

Some well deserved red cards got overlooked, as did the Brasilian double hand play leading up to the second goal. As for Kaka, he intentionally rammed his elbow in the chest of the IC player, so he didn't just deserve a yellow card but rather a red one. Lucky him - the referee seemed to be blind on both eyes.

Well done kiwis!!

We are not a soccer nation, but i believe they achieved something pretty awesome...

Side note on soccer: I just cant stand the way they hit the ground squealing in pain when no ones touched them!! its a bit ridiculous and embarrassing seeing grown men behave like.... biatches, i understand its to get a penalty.... but wheres the honour?

but other than that its a cool game.

Side note on soccer: I just cant stand the way they hit the ground squealing in pain when no ones touched them!! its a bit ridiculous and embarrassing seeing grown men behave like.... biatches, i understand its to get a penalty.... but wheres the honour?

It's the way the game and its referring is turning into.

I completely agree on this. The faulty logic of letting the foul not signaled if the play continues, but only for what... 3 seconds, after which the whole thing is forgotten (at least, in rugby, the ref is going to take action for the foul even minutes after it happened if nothing good resulted for the team being fouled)

The impossibility for the ref to verify his call for important matters (US goal just scream for TV replay, for instance). It would take 2 minutes to handle the thing, nothing wrong with that, we lose much more time on players deliberately losing time by rolling on the floor for hours, for example, or screaming when they get a red before being sent off, this time can easily be used by 4th ref to check video and tell the referee the correct course of action

This, plus when you see shamefull behavior like my country's team is displaying atm... This sport is a lost cause, at least in europe.

Edited by whisper

It's the way the game and its referring is turning into.

I completely agree on this. The faulty logic of letting the foul not signaled if the play continues, but only for what... 3 seconds, after which the whole thing is forgotten (at least, in rugby, the ref is going to take action for the foul even minutes after it happened if nothing good resulted for the team being fouled)

The impossibility for the ref to verify his call for important matters (US goal just scream for TV replay, for instance). It would take 2 minutes to handle the thing, nothing wrong with that, we lose much more time on players deliberately losing time by rolling on the floor for hours, for example, or screaming when they get a red before being sent off, this time can easily be used by 4th ref to check video and tell the referee the correct course of action

Absolutely, i never understood Platini's refusal of video referring, so simple and effective in rugby.

Absolutely, i never understood Platini's refusal of video referring, so simple and effective in rugby.

True that , everywhere works , why not in normal football

Football isnt football without discussion about referee and their decisions. :p

Who want the "all-seeing-eye" ruling over a match? Meh - football should stay human with all the up's and downs.

Football isnt football without discussion about referee and their decisions. :p

Who want the "all-seeing-eye" ruling over a match? Meh - football should stay human with all the up's and downs.

No because players are now using this human side of referring to play more act-up than actual sports. It's good to have these discussions, but watching players more trying to force referre into a decisioon (good or wrong, I don't care) than actually playing is annoying me much.

Would these guys know that by acting like they are nearly dead on the field for 3 minutes trying to get the penalty shot signaled, they would give free time for the 4th refereee to check they are in fact not even hurt, and they can get a red out of this, I guarantee you we would see more players on the field, and less actors.

Believe me, even in very tightly ruled games (like US football for example), discussions about referring happen A LOT :)

It's quite simple to have a non-obtrusive TV replay system. Use replay only for crucial decisions (quite simply, goals and red cards), continuously use replay during game downtime (all the acting / deliberate time losing, etc... I am talking about above) that actor... errr players give to you.

Edited by whisper

Just wonder how people enjoyed football or other sport before 360° TV replays and slowmo? :rolleyes:

Not all players are actors or "using this human side of referring" and not all referee's are the same.