Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment)

Added the TV2 #3 and #4 to the server list at Six :) Hopefully those interested will push the right buttons and install the addons needed :)

Thanks for the tip Sickboy (btw is there anyway to contact you?)

After the last update (yesterday),i get the ingame msg, that my Ace_key.hpp is too old. So i had a look to the @ACE folder to see if a new userconfig/Ace_key.hpp has been downloaded, but none.

What do i have to do to get rid of that msg, means the updated key.hpp?

That question has been answered about 100 billion times, here comes 100 billion and 1:

The updated config files are inside:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE\store\userconfig.tar

extract and copy the appropriate file into:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE

Argh! Its always so complicated. I start Arma2 for the first time in like 6 months. Join a Domination mission and... Spawn as a damn seagull. Damn you seagull!!! So I think "hey, I just remembered I downloaded the latest ACE2 a couple of days ago!" and proceed to join an ACE2 server instead... And spawn as a damn seagull again. Re-enter the server, lo and behold I am spawning yay!

Wrong version. Bleh

Run Six Updater to update.

Error message, more or less: "Not a real repository because you downloaded the stable version and unzipped them, so haha I cant update!"

GAH!

I hope you devs know the pain and anguish you subject us to. Of course, its worth it but that's beside the point.

:D

You're missing the point. It's not about missing functionality. It's about you getting the most basic and important functionality by hitting "Go->next->next->next->play" instead of having to know what to click and when. Some people, apparently, just can't figure it out otherwise.

But its already that way!!How long has been since your last time using Six Updter?

To install ACE you just download six, install him, wait for the broswer launch and Just Press "Execute" and he will start instaling the MoD. Dont even need to press "->next->next->next" its just "Execute".

He come's already configured on a preset called "A.C.E. Mod ( Vanilla)".Dont need to configure or change nothing if ACE2 is the only download you whant.

On first release of Six Update... I admit it has a little hard to use (at least to me), but whit the UI updates is more easy than eat a candy :D

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

With Jackal all the way :) Except, if anyone can paint me a picture on how they think a one-click installer would work (in the Six Updater universe), then i'll gladly consider it :)

See http://wave.dev-heaven.net/waves/w+yYLLyIq6K/embed

Dont know if possible to do. But here's go a sugestion:

Every time you open Six Updater he read your folders and says wich version is currently instaled. And when not installed he will say it too.

Is there a way to create a paramater that reconizes if there has no Mod folder and ask on the first time when you use Six To install ACE for the shortcut creation?

In the Six Gui after runing the update, he ask : (Will write it like the end of gui)

Post Processing:

Whant to create Desktop Shortcut Y/N?

Processing Genereal Task:

Created shorcut < in C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop > Play ArmA II with @CBA;...

Ready!

Please press ENTER to exit

Edited by jhoson14

That question has been answered about 100 billion times, here comes 100 billion and 1:

Thank you very much! :)

Basically, think what most people would want to do at each step on the installation, and make that the default, aka what will happen when you click "next" if you don't select/deselect anything. Basically some kind of a "wizard"/"quick start" thing that will work more often than not without the user actually understanding what he's doing. If they then want to join a server with a more complicated mod setup or something they may have to do extra work, but joining simple ACE servers should be possible to get done easily by just clicking a single link and then clicking "next" a couple of times.

To pages before i tried to ask something. I believe i got the last post of a page, so it was missed. :yay:;)

Hi,

How can i set up the Sling Loading Feature of ACE2 to a "3rd Party" Chopper?

I have full access to the config. I looked in the Wagn, but it isnt described.

Is it a similar code like the one for adding the Fastroping (which is in the Wagn)?

Thanks for all you work.

Btw: ACE2 is Awesome. Cant wait to play ACE with OA. :cool:

Best regards

Or which of the modding gods i have to ask directly?

Hi is there a complete list of classnames for ACE2 anywhere i've looked and looked but simply just can't find a COMPLETE one.

Thanks Alot

Dan

Some awesome ideas, sketches etc coming up at for the "One Click" Six Updater at the wave: http://wave.dev-heaven.net/waves/w+yYLLyIq6K/embed

To pages before i tried to ask something. I believe i got the last post of a page, so it was missed. :yay:;)

Or which of the modding gods i have to ask directly?

Please see the notes of: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Sling_Loading

Cheers.

Hi is there a complete list of classnames for ACE2 anywhere i've looked and looked but simply just can't find a COMPLETE one.

Thanks Alot

Dan

Sure: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Classlists (Filters/Sorters can be changed),

and the Classes menu on the Config Browser site gives you access to all of them, without scope filters like on the classlists.

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for adding those informations. You guys are the best :)

Best regards

Some awesome ideas, sketches etc coming up at for the "One Click" Six Updater at the wave: http://wave.dev-heaven.net/waves/w+yYLLyIq6K/embed

How about a window in the center of the screen with 400x400 flashing red button with the word "INSTALL" on it? :p

Really, it doesnt have to be much:

- Infobox stating current installed versions

- Infobox stating current released versions

- Button/list to add mods (like @ACE_X) to the above version list, based on a server config file. The ACE2 package of files would be default.

- Button to update all mismatched mods (disabled if there are no mismatches)

- Button to create/update the shortcut based on the mod list (this could be done manually, but a generation script could take into account order and priority so one dont have to think on it).

And that's it! This would allow for any number of mods to be used with the tool in an incredibly simple interface.

Searched the last 3 ACE2 version's threads, didn't find anything, though not being able to use AI in the search probably didn't help...

Is it possible to put the gasmask and or balaclava onto AI troops? I'm after it purely for looks, so no biggie if not. If so, thanks for any pointers. Checked on the dev-heaven wiki too, but believe the only editing command line example was to check for the presence of ear/eye protection on a player.

To turn drift off:

ace_sys_wind_deflection_force_drift_off = true;

To turn drift on:

ace_sys_wind_deflection_force_drift_off = false;
ace_sys_wind_deflection_force_drift_on = true;

Note: will only work in multiplayer. In single player influence of wind is defined in user config. If you want no drift in SP while it's enabled in config, you can just remove the wind itself :)

setwind [0,0,true];

And to re-enable it,

setwind [0,0,false];

Thank you! Yes, this is for multiplayer.

About the installation and keeping BETA up to date:

I find YOMAs addon sync to be more easy to use.

As long as there is a GOOD repository site/server

that keeps the latest it´s imho VERRY easy..

;1656642']About the installation and keeping BETA up to date:

I find YOMAs addon sync to be more easy to use.

As long as there is a GOOD repository site/server

that keeps the latest it´s imho VERRY easy..

I find the SiX Updater VERY easy to use and it gives me a good download speed.

Does anyone know the scripting-order for the following situation? I´m making a mission using ACE2-backpacks and i I want to put a launcher from the beginning of the mission "on back" so that i´m able to add a backpack too.

If i want to use a backpack too the launcher has to be in the third weapon slot still from the beginning.

Thx for any infos or links about that issue.

I allways pack the Rucksack "On Back" and put an AT or any other

launcher at PRIM slot. You can still back stuff in Rucksack. Looks

kinda silly but it works..Would be cool if the animation was "Ruck+

Launcher"...

Are repair trucks fully functional? I tried repairing a tank with a ruined track several times in both SP and MP on a dedicated server and it worked properly, but then when playing the mission for real on the server the tracks could not be repaired, and those who were trying to repair said they were getting a message saying the vehicle doesn't need repairs even though it obviously does. I'd make a ticket but to be honest I don't even know how it's supposed to work to see if it's consistent, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not functioning as intended.

There a module to fully repair vehicles. Per default, some can´t be fully repaired.

It's not about not being to fully repair them, it's about them on occasion not being repairable at all, even though in both cases it was simple track damage. It should at least give appropriate messages that indicate that it's not that the vehicle is fully repaired, but rather that the damage cannot be repaired and hopefully also why it can't be repaired.

When vehicles take too much damage an appropriate message is displayed explaining why it can't be repaired, but in this case the message was saying the vehicle was fully repaired even though it wasn't. Of course it was happening to others on the server so I can't describe the problem 100% accurately, but in any case the bare minimum should be messages that match what was happening so that no cluster*ucks occur.

one question: can I use ace with the beta patch 71726? multiplayer

hello tnx

can you add something that someone can change the ace userconfig for different game acc. so that you not have to change the userconfig name all the time .