Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment)

A.C.E. 1.2 Update 2 Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

• Release Notes
  • Please see the first post for additional information.

Enjoy! :cool:

Classlists also up2date.

Edited by Sickboy

# Useractions moved to self-interaction menu (Goggles, Chemlights, Explosives, Copy Map) [rocko]

# Useractions moved to self-interaction menu (IR strobe, wirecutter, windmeter, CSW tripod deployment, spotting scope deployment) [rocko]

Sweet.

snip, got it working.

Edited by ray243

Kellys ACE Server & YAS Repo updated to ACE b.369

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Alternatively you can click on this link to access KH Repos -> yashttp://www.kellys-heroes.eu/Server.yas

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

Thanks ACE team!

& KH for supplying YAS repo. :)

yay

emoticon_party.jpg

since the ticket is unavailable for regular members for ace1 ports, are we going to see every weapon from ace1? or is it too early to say..

yay

since the ticket is unavailable for regular members for ace1 ports' date=' are we going to see every weapon from ace1? or is it too early to say..[/quote']

Probably as DLC...

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Xeno

^

^ Win :p

I would have wanted SCARs, but we allready got them..

I would have liked ch47, but we're getting Official one in few weeks so..

One thing I do miss from ACE1 was good lookin' loadingscreens with different camos.. those were badass :)

Edit: My "win" was for Xeno, sorry animal :p

Weren't there M14s or M21s in ACE1 made by Panda? I never played Arma 1 but according to this there were. Those would be nice to have imo.

friday's supposed to be the weekly scheduled day for an ace-update

if there's something in the world that you can rely on, it's ace is being updated on fridays :)

six-updater-suite is running stable and updating is easy (thx @ace-team for helping out for this and that, of course), can't think of updating any other way - official BIS-beta-builds are available just in time, too - it's kind of a all-in-one-tool.

thanks to all of you @ace-team, really great job you're doing

Weren't there M14s or M21s in ACE1 made by Panda? I never played Arma 1 but according to this there were. Those would be nice to have imo.

There was a plethora of m14's in ACE1, something i'm looking forward to if they ever bring them back, I don't think I used the M21's but i'm sure they were in there.

Edit: nothing anymore, works like a charm!

Edited by Antiik

I noticed the the new added SCAR and G36 series could not be found in the ammobox. I gotta write the class name to play it. Hope you can add them to the ammobox in the next update.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Nice update ,but i still want those good old ace1 - Scar-H's (Mk17's), m14's and hk417's too and i will very happy :p

Edited by RobertHammer

I think sometimes the little things are what really make ACE special, tweaks here and there. After some thought I think that it would nice if the AI were improved even more. For example there are many nice effects and features in SLX that I think could enhance ACE. Improving the AI's responses and coordination, their ability to take cover and flank etc. Maybe train them to use smoke grenades, change ammo types and enter buildings by default.

Also, visual effects. Along the lines of the (already added) screen blur and blood effects. Those features really up the immersion level. Possibilities such as vehicles ejecting spent shells (imagine a Little Bird flying over and raining empty casings from its miniguns). Another neat feature would be tracers that actually light up the ground as they zip over it (as they should).

Next up, please make better use of the DSAI voices. The AI talk module is a good start, but often random. In the latest Arma beta patches, soldiers indicate when they are reloading or throwing grenades. If proper voices were attached to those it would be great. Right now throwing an IR strobe causes you to say "frag out" and placing a satchel makes your character shout "Fire!" (this is with ace_sys_aitalk_talkforplayer = true;). I had a look through the ace_sys_aitalk PBO and there are a lot of unused sound effects that would really benefit the game.

Finally, optimization. I doubt this is easy, especially because of the complex nature of ACE. However, many people complain of losing 5-10 fps when running ACE over Vanilla. When Arma 2 is already as demanding as it is and people are resorting to voodoo to get the game to run smoothly this alienates a lot of users and hinders gameplay. Perhaps stepping back and taking a look at cleaning up and polishing the scripts could get some FPS back (dreaming I guess).

I know the dev team isn't too fond of people saying add "xyz" mod so I tried to limit myself to a few things that I think would really enhance core gameplay and push Arma 2 forward.

Thanks for all your efforts so far. :thumbsup:

I think sometimes the little things are what really make ACE special, tweaks here and there. After some thought I think that it would nice if the AI were improved even more. For example there are many nice effects and features in SLX that I think could enhance ACE. Improving the AI's responses and coordination, their ability to take cover and flank etc. Maybe train them to use smoke grenades, change ammo types and enter buildings by default.

Also, visual effects. Along the lines of the (already added) screen blur and blood effects. Those features really up the immersion level. Possibilities such as vehicles ejecting spent shells (imagine a Little Bird flying over and raining empty casings from its miniguns). Another neat feature would be tracers that actually light up the ground as they zip over it (as they should).

Next up, please make better use of the DSAI voices. The AI talk module is a good start, but often random. In the latest Arma beta patches, soldiers indicate when they are reloading or throwing grenades. If proper voices were attached to those it would be great. Right now throwing an IR strobe causes you to say "frag out" and placing a satchel makes your character shout "Fire!" (this is with ace_sys_aitalk_talkforplayer = true;). I had a look through the ace_sys_aitalk PBO and there are a lot of unused sound effects that would really benefit the game.

Finally, optimization. I doubt this is easy, especially because of the complex nature of ACE. However, many people complain of losing 5-10 fps when running ACE over Vanilla. When Arma 2 is already as demanding as it is and people are resorting to voodoo to get the game to run smoothly this alienates a lot of users and hinders gameplay. Perhaps stepping back and taking a look at cleaning up and polishing the scripts could get some FPS back (dreaming I guess).

I know the dev team isn't too fond of people saying add "xyz" mod so I tried to limit myself to a few things that I think would really enhance core gameplay and push Arma 2 forward.

Thanks for all your efforts so far. :thumbsup:

All those things would be awesome, but most of them would definitely increase the number of FPS you lose.

Its not like the code in ACE2 is slow because of a lack of trying to optimize. We are constantly revising and rewriting bits to make sure we can pull the most out of the engine in terms of performance. There are some places though that sacrifices do have to be made in terms of either performance or beauty to meet our needs in terms of scope.

Anyway, some of those things would definitely benefit from changes to the engine (especially the tracers casting light). :)

Would it be possible to make a "better" ammobox in some kind of mod?

What i would personally like is something where you can just type part of what you're looking for instead of scrolling for ever...

Like type "G36" and get all the different styles of them with potential ammo filtered out.

This doesn't really apply to Ace only, but to just about any crate/vehicle stuffed with all sorts of nice goodies. I just wonder if it would be feasable to make it.

Since ArmA 2, scripting performance is decoupled from FPS, for anything else than events (basically).

If FPS is lower with ACE it is probably related to model/texture quality, and effects; please create reports with sys specs, and repro situations in the most simplest form, and perhaps we can do something about it.

We've got some very good news for people with issues with for example G-Effects, Parachute Steering and Missile Guidance (Hellfires, Saclos etc):

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Breaking_out_of_the_scheduled_scripting_prison

Edited by Sickboy

United Global Armed Force [uGAF] @ACE Server & YAS Repo updated to 369 A.C.E. 1.2

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/UGAF_ACE_Server.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Server/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthre...d=591#post_591

Sorry for the late mirror but I was in no fit state to be updating servers last night.

How does CPR function? Is it a small chance to revive a serious injured/dead person?

I apologize for such a question! but how to use Gas mask, Balaklava, .......... ?:confused: in version (368) its work good! and new (369) dont have((

I know that it is written here:

# Useractions moved to self-interaction menu (Goggles, Earplugs, Chemlights, Explosives, Copy Map) [rocko]

# Useractions moved to self-interaction menu (IR strobe, wirecutter, windmeter, CSW tripod deployment, spotting scope deployment) [rocko]

where self-interaction menu?)

I'm pretty sure you need to update your key config to access it, it's a key combination (I changed mine because the windows key wasn't working for some odd reason)