Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

I've made new roads for v1.33 already. And also changed color to cyan ;) but lemme see what you have, maybe it looks nicer?

I like muddy too. I'm still tweaking and will decide when I catch the right color.

Update: J-Guid, sorry I've tested Lingor with these and its way to bright, but it might suit my upcoming Q1 2012 Dominicana map ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

I like muddy too. I'm still tweaking and will decide when I catch the right color.

Update: J-Guid, sorry I've tested Lingor with these and its way to bright, but it might suit my upcoming Q1 2012 Dominicana map ;)

Yes man! Do IT! :D!

- But i think water of Lingor must been changed to more 'light' color, because current tired and very depressing players!!!

Are your creative pursuits insatiable? :butbut:

water colour change? wtf??!?

i liked muddy.

but its your baby - go for it!

Agreed - it is a nice subtle complement to all the greenery.

Did I here him say a new Island? Wow Icebreakr, how many hours do you have in one of your days ;-)

@ J-Guid

If you are going to put 'Insurgensy Dev Member' into your signature you might want to consider spelling it correctly (Insurgency). ;)

Sorry back on topic.

I still reckon it needs to be muddy, its not a tropical paradise its a gritty rainforest. Mud would travel into the catchments when it rains. It suits the area better muddy.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Grub

At one stage with an earlier incarnation of Lingor, its config clashed somehow with other islands. I was also running Mana Fiji and for some reason its turquoise water was transferred to Lingor. It looked terribly out of place.

The problem with the muddy water is that there is an abrupt jarring transition between the brown water and where the waves break onto the shore which has the default water colour. Also, if you fly around the island you see an endless brown sea.

Will you change the two bridges east of Maruko?

Will try to tone down the brownish, not sure if it will look good.

Lupin!: change bridges to what?

Keep the colour IceBreakr. Looks absolutely fine to me.

Absolutely. I hate the bleached blue beaches of the Far Cry brigade. Its so cliché. What better than the mud and silt of the mangroves and estuaries?

@ J-Guid

If you are going to put 'Insurgensy Dev Member' into your signature you might want to consider spelling it correctly (Insurgency). ;)

Sorry back on topic.

@Lightspeed_aust: Thanks but, I write how i wish, remember this! InsurgenSy - its not Eng...

@ Lupin! : Also, if you fly around the island you see an endless brown sea.

MAN! You hit in Bingo! IceBreakr, Lupin! FULLY RIGHT about Lingor - 'brown' sea!!! Yes, this I mean too Mate! Right words!

- Maby change to more Green?! Ice, just try and post screenshots with water colors here, and we select optimal between ;)! Thanks!

Edited by J-Guid

@Lightspeed_aust: Thanks but, I write how i wish, remember this! Insurgensy - not on Eng...

You're entitled to write how you wish, but the fact remains, the guy who wrote Insurgency spells it that way. So we pretty much have to accept that's the correct way.

I got permission to use some cool stuff from OFP. Will spend time well until release of 1.60 final ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

I got permission to use some cool stuff from OFP

Hmm, interesting.

Is there someone who knows the groupnames of the Lingor units ?

I know there are unitnames, but i would need the groupnames for spawning.