Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Zuff, try ibr_lingor. I usually use empty and load the world via editor, its faster I guess.

FF team, send me any bugreports. Meanwhile I'll be working on units.

lingor_mirage.jpg

[ Full size image ]

As you can see the vast waters cleared and brown muddy water is only present in shallow rivers ;) island is also featuring new HD textures and clutter that increases FPS by 18% when comparing it with an older release.

That's fantastic Ice! When can we expect a release?

We have final test this evening, so next week probably.

J-Guid has been right. New water color really makes it a lot nicer place. We got tired of that murky brown one ;) rivers now really shine.

We did another test yesterday and all is ok. New clutter proved to give 17-19% increase in fps and it looks even better now ;)

I am working hard on units. Here's info what we will have:

GAL (Government Army of Lingor)

El Presidente's personal army. He managed to gather a lot of help from US/EU in the past year but he is now blaming them for pushing his country into an even bigger crisis. We suspect that dictator is building his wealth on drug money and Maruko officials might be involved in high corruption. [you can now decide if GAL is friendly or not, as they have vehicles and much bigger firepower).

Units used:

- infantry

- VBLs unarmed/MG/AT (Ikar/Hexagon/OpFr)

- Pinzgauer (LoBo/GIR Team) & Kamaz trucks

- M113 or AIFV (Vilas)

- Shilka / S-60 antiair (Alex.XP)

- Leo 1A5 (Vilas, wld427, FDF for turret)

- Bell UH-1H transporter

- AS350 CAS + police (Cheyenne/Nimith Brothers, NZDF_Crash, wld427)

- mig-21 reskins (wld427/FDFMod)

- new A4 Skyhawk for CAS (wld427)

Police / FEA

- regular cops

- commandos with M4 and M4SD

- VBL unarmed ((Ikar/Hexagon/OpFr)

- FEA "swat" van with siren (works in MP)

- brdm for police (hcpookie)

ARL (Armadas Revolucionarias de Lingor aka Rebels)

After last years conflict they increased their influence over almost 1/2 of the island. The main factor is believed to be a foreign involvement and all the killings of innocents.

Units used:

- infantry

- angry protestors armed with explosives and throwable rocks

- pickups with MGs

- civil-painted Kamaz trucks

- S60 static antiair gun (Alex.XP)

- BRDM armed with rockets (hcpookie)

- T55 w/ camo (Ryogugu, Vilas)

Ramon's Army

- druglord Ramon and his brother Pablo

- infantry

- attack chopper with mercenary pilot

- black SUVs (default A2/OA, not included)

- M7 Maule (civilian, for drug shipment)

Civilian

- firetruck Star 944 (Vilas) - not able to put out fires (need help scripting?)

- repainted ambulance (red&blue) with paramedic unit

- new civilian shirts without logos

- racing Pinzgauer & Kamaz truck (Offroad Adventure Company)

- two civilian Pinzgauers

- M7 Maule airplane

Wow so are these units going to be in addition to the preexisting units?

Upgraded zuff, yes. Nothing changes, so its all backwards compatible.

So, no comments on the Unit selection? Fine. So, I guess we're close to the release :)

So, no comments on the Unit selection? Fine. So, I guess we're close to the release :)

today or .....?

I didn't comment because it seems pretty good and varied :)

today or .....?
when its done. Thats when it will be released.

Eager as Andy McNab himself ;)

No, release will be accompanied with the MP event called Powershow (look it up on forums) and we will give out several prizes for the players (BI games such as Take on Helicopters and Arma 10th Anniversary Edition). Date will be published at least few days before.

Release is postponed for a week or so. We are still bugfixing the units.

Sad to hear. The units aren't what really do it for me (though they do look great), it's the fantastic island you've created. Think you'll release a "lite" version of just the island without so many dependencies?

Too bad Arma 3 can't just be on Lingor :)

Looking forward to the updated release, this is such a great warfare/CTI island. Thanks!

Sad to hear. The units aren't what really do it for me (though they do look great), it's the fantastic island you've created. Think you'll release a "lite" version of just the island without so many dependencies?

I recall that IB said he would release a lite version in a previous post. I gather that the volume of change in 1.6 has made it necessary for him to put some extra hours in to the release.

I am new to arma 2 and just downloaded Island of Lingor from six updater but when I start Arma2 i get an error stating "addon ibr_lingor needs addon ibr_Icivilian_patch". I searched the forum and the only thing i could find was that you also needed Lingor Units which six updater also downloaded. When I go into the Lingor Units folder there is a ibr_Icivilians.pbo but no ibr_civilian_patch. What do I do from here? any suggestions or anyone have the same problem? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

by the way I'm running Arma2:CO through steam

I am new to arma 2 and just downloaded Island of Lingor from six updater but when I start Arma2 i get an error stating "addon ibr_lingor needs addon ibr_Icivilian_patch". I searched the forum and the only thing i could find was that you also needed Lingor Units which six updater also downloaded. When I go into the Lingor Units folder there is a ibr_Icivilians.pbo but no ibr_civilian_patch. What do I do from here? any suggestions or anyone have the same problem? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

by the way I'm running Arma2:CO through steam

If you run Arma2:CO from Six Updater instead, all you have to do is right click on Lingor in the right hand mods pane and choose 'add to profile', it will then also copy all the dependent mods into that profile. Then all you do is right click on the profile on the left pane and choose Launch Game. This is much better than trying to launch mods via a shortcut or from Steam.

The downside is that you lose the Steam overlay, but that's never been an issue for me.

ibr_lcivilians.pbo equals ibr_civilian_patch (internal class name). Use that and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the replies.

IceBreakr, I checked the Lingor Units folder and that file is already in there so Am I getting that error message in error? Everything should work ok or is there something else I have to do. (thanks for you great work by the way)

Jedra, I'm having a little trouble figuring out how exactly to use the six updater and for the life of me can't figure out how to launch Arma2:CO through the six updater.