Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

hi

like Mana Island Fiji by prowler.wolfv1.2 in last updated Fixed water overwriting BI islands

can do the same with lingor?is incompatibility with @water_color_mod anzacsas

So, he needs a small barren island a bit away from the rest, will that do?

Correct.

They can even be like two small seperated islands about 1KM away from each other.

It's hard to explain if you've never played either of my missions (or know how they function in the background) :)

hi

like Mana Island Fiji by prowler.wolfv1.2 in last updated Fixed water overwriting BI islands

Wait a second, I've fixed the water color issue with BI islands in v1.2? I cannot guarantee my work to be compatible with any other mods that alter the same thing? I'll only issue a fix if someone provides an exact solution, I don't have currently time to spend hours on research and testing.

hi

you really cannot expect a guy to fix someone else's broken addon.....

Good news:

- next version of island will have Berghoff's brg_africa.pbo included, featuring sign file with V2 signature. And he even fixed "some weird material artifact" on antiaris tree ;)

Just some feedback Ice,

we have been testing takistani Extension as the OPFOR for PRACS on lingor the last couple days and are enjoying it. island runs much much smoother for us.

Just some feedback Ice,

we have been testing takistani Extension as the OPFOR for PRACS on lingor the last couple days and are enjoying it. island runs much much smoother for us.

Although we did have an undiagnosed server lockup, which is unusual for us these days. Nothing in the server or client RPTs.

Quick update:

Prowler helped me fix the water color - brownish is now local only to Lingor - it doesn't interfere with vanilla islands or any other custom ones. Thanks Prowler!

Extensive work has been done in Calamar where there will be a place for setting up a base (near the river, with docks), same goes for couple other places on maps - more flat places.

The big thing missing for GAL/ARL troops are vehicles. So far I have:

- VBLs donated by Hexagon that GAL will use for patrol (unarmed + .50cal versions)

- russian trucks for transport of troops

- armored transport is M113 (OA reskin or wld427 version, not sure yet)

- airforce will probably have Gazelle for support & transport (still awaiting Trouble's permission) as this chopper fits nicely to the scenery.

Not sure about the rebel faction, so far I have a pickup with dshkm & russian track (reskin to civilian). Any other ideas?

I've asked GranQ is there's any progress on that great Draken, it would be a nice tribute to Wings of Apache (Firebirds) druglord-army... along with AH-6s.

Quick update:

Prowler helped me fix the water color - brownish is now local only to Lingor - it doesn't interfere with vanilla islands or any other custom ones. Thanks Prowler!

Extensive work has been done in Calamar where there will be a place for setting up a base (near the river, with docks), same goes for couple other places on maps - more flat places.

- VBLs donated by Hexagon that GAL will use for patrol (unarmed + .50cal versions)

- airforce will probably have Gazelle for support & transport (still awaiting Trouble's permission) as this chopper fits nicely to the scenery.

Not sure about the rebel faction, so far I have a pickup with dshkm & russian track (reskin to civilian). Any other ideas?

I've asked GranQ is there's any progress on that great Draken, it would be a nice tribute to Wings of Apache (Firebirds) druglord-army... along with AH-6s.

Not sure but some of the crazy home-made weaponry from the the Libyan rebels may be of inspiration...

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/06/diy-weapons-of-the-libyan-rebels/100086/

Of course - I am not sure how many of these models exist in Armaverse! Well actually I am sure none of them are!

Edit - the all-terrain office chair tank in picture 18 is particularly good!

Edited by Jedra

Quick update:

Some additional vehicle suggestions:

for GAL - UH-1H (reskin), C-130H (from RACS mod), L-39 (reskin) and M60A1 or Leopard (from RACS mod), RHIB (reskin), Zodiac (reskin)

for ARL - Technical's (reskin), M-113 (reskin), Cessna 185 (from Gnat), Zodiac (reskin)

for Venator PMC - Mi-8 (reskin)

Since the latest update Im getting this error message when I start this map

" Size sections not an array"

when I close this error message box then I can run the map but I dont know if there is a way to make it work right. Anyone?

I suggest that you give the GAL Air Force some JAS 39 Gripen. Because they are STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) planes which could fit the small dirt runway really nice. And in the worst case, they could land and take off from highways. Just what I think would be a good plane for the Air Force.

A few ideas...

BMP 1 from Vilas (low profile, cheap and amphib capable)

Re-skin BTR-60 from BIS

Some additional vehicle suggestions:

-for GAL - UH-1H,L-39 or Fouga Magister or OV-10 Bronco or Mirage 5 and M60A1 or Leopard (from RACS mod), RHIB

-for ARL - Technical's (reskin), M-113, Cessna 185 (from Gnat),

-for Venator PMC - AS-350

The best means of transport for Lingor is the VAB as it is amphibious, it perfect for the jungle

VAB_Mi_12-7_Military_parade_14_July_2004_France_01.jpg

Good news:

- next version of island will have Berghoff's brg_africa.pbo included, featuring sign file with V2 signature. And he even fixed "some weird material artifact" on antiaris tree ;)

Hi Icebreakr -

Could you also remember to sign the lingor_units with V2 keys as well? Also the PRACS mig21 comes as part of lingor_units and this still has a v1 key - I know PRACS is not your responsibility, but have you talked to them about signing it for V2 or should I post a request in their thread?

I use Lingor a lot on my server and am reluctant to move to V2 keys as this means I can't use Lingor (or at least Lingor Units) at the moment!

Actually, PRACS_mig21 was given to me for this project by wld427. So I can sign it with V2 along with other files. Don't worry, massive update is almost done.

Hehe hope that AI dont use that ramp so often or only if they know how to fly or make awesome stunts! :D

Btw there is some "edgy"/steep terrain in some places eg close to the small space research center perhaps have a look at it and flatten/soften it a bit.

Now searching for some snakes, spiders, piranhas and evil wildlife... or do you have such natural surprises in wip/TBD? :icon_twisted:

Ice please feel free to change the tag on the MiG21 to ibr to go with the rest of your stuff.

Also the docks you added to Maruko airport. Could you change them to the larger version. I need someplace to park our bigger warships.

th_arma2oa2011-08-2115-36-30-73.jpg

This small setup would be perfect it can be found on the coast of Utes island

Thanks so much for a fun Island to play with. im still trying to get used to the new portions of landmass but the bridges make for some awesome points to ambush the enemy convoys :)

Will changing of classname break the missions?

Docks: absolutely.

Will changing of classname break the missions?

Unfortunately if you did change the classnames, they would break missions :(