Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Lightspeed_aust: new stuff added the that SE region is:

- two government oil fields

- more hills but nothing major, just so that AI can't see over it if you're doing a low level chopper approach from couple of angles.

Any more requests guys? As you know major changes so far are:

- upgraded capitals of Maruko and Calamar (Lightspeed_aust will like SW Calamar region for new missions)

- new nice cozy little town N of Calamar

- new towns of San Arulco and Avellas in NW central region

- big upgrade to Corazon

- new army base and powerplant in Calamar

- upgraded RACS FOB Eddie base on NW

- new racetracks W of Peligron

etc.

Release is still ETA, waiting on v1.60 from BIS.

Choppers for the Lingorian Army! They would be appreciated, I'm tired of using the CDF Huey for the Lingor Army if I want to head somewhere fast,

I have a request, or rather a wish - for all areas to have such attention to detail like on those new screenies seen at Armaholic now :>

And as I can see you are putting some kind of electric grid there too, would be nice if it will cover as much of the island as possible for the sake of atmosphere (and maybe CEG addon will get updated for this island too)

However there's one important thing - make sure that AI can move freely in those detailed villages you put in.

The sth east looks gr8 for sea salt farming And fishing. Both of these would add a lot.

or Mineral Mines - might explain why there is not much greenery left there -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_mineral_sands_ore_deposits

gives the Ghosts something more to fight for in that region. ;)

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

I would suggest that the jagged areas on the map be weathered down more. One of the main complaints I have with the Island is that vehicles are always flipping over. Maybe you did this on purpose, I don't know.

Been doing that for the past month or two Ironman ;)

Roads have been smoothed out too, but still - its a banana republic, you can't expect to have EU/US roads ;)

For choppers: I have two options for CAS:

- Gazelle (Armed 20mm/2xAT)

- AS350 (Armed 30mm/7xFFAR)

There will be Hueys in GAL camo, too.

Edited by IceBreakr

I've completed a a set of two offroad courses - one shorter in circle (difficult, natural obstacles) and one really long going one way (less hills, more fast racing). Lingor Units will have three race cars: a car, a 4x4 and a truck. Only one skin for each in the 1st release.

wld427: sorry, didn't send you screenshots of a base yet, contact me on IM when I get online, so I don't forget. What did you mean, including custom objects in PRACS? For me to leave more empty space?

Edited by IceBreakr

Lingor Units will have three race cars: a car, a 4x4 and a truck.

Hey Ice,

What kind of top speeds we talking here?

I can do anything you like (MP compatible). Pinzgauers will have just 10-15% more power for military ones, while Kamaz racing truck is able to go 160. Same goes for car. Any tips?

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX by QiN3TiX does around 180 which can be quite fun.

Obviously you need to slow to get a good turn on cornering, but it may make for good racing.

Of course its up to you in the end, but 180 may be a bit better than 160.

Then again, I haven't seen the track so it may end up people are in the air more than on the track.

I'll release a trailer shortly before the actual release - really don't want to spoil anything more before the release, including track design. Of course, we're waiting on 1.60 and we'll host an operning ceremony with stunts, airshow, racing and PVP objectives mission ;)

I've completed a a set of two offroad courses - one shorter in circle (difficult, natural obstacles) and one really long going one way (less hills, more fast racing). Lingor Units will have three race cars: a car, a 4x4 and a truck. Only one skin for each in the 1st release.

wld427: sorry, didn't send you screenshots of a base yet, contact me on IM when I get online, so I don't forget. What did you mean, including custom objects in PRACS? For me to leave more empty space?

Well i am working on fortification objects of my own so i was curious of what changes you made for the army base. I am currently working on bunkers and guard towers. So i was hoping to get a pic to see what else i might need

I can't find the last stone...

I read the hint that it's supposed to be in the bushes at the river bank SW of Corazon. But I've ran both sides of the river for what seems like several kilometers around there, and can't find any stone. :( Where exactly is it?

Well... since so many of you have trouble finding this stone, I've already changed the location of it in the riddle and changed it a bit in upcoming v1.33.

Current one is ...

located about 50-100m from the river, SW of Corazon, near the location where river comes from W and another one from S. Its on the same bank (right), near the little foliage - but not on the beach, a bit further bit inside.

Thanks, I found it now! I think it's a good idea to move it, since

like you wrote, the current location is "near the location where river comes from W and another one from S", making this position very difficult to find from the riddle, which if I remember correctly said "south east of where the north and south rivers meet", or something like that.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you for this and the other wonderful islands you've made. I've spent countless hours on them, they are all beautiful and extremely well made. :bounce3:

Just wait for v1.33 - numerous fixes and changes ;)

Island will be released when v1.60 comes out on the day we will host a MP event (airshow, car racing, redVsBlue mission).

Damn it, I've been looking and looking, and can't find the secret area.

The coordinates I got were 078023. Did I get that wrong, or do I just need to keep looking harder there? :confused:

look harder my friend. Its not that obvious at first, and the only hint I will give you is that its not a rock your looking for.

PS, I am not sure of those co-ordinates, sound about right.

Ok, thanks sv5000. I have been looking up a lot when searching, as these particular visitors likes to hang out ;) in the trees.

Reverse coordinates, does that mean 023078? That seems like a likely area, with lots of trees reducing the visibilty. I have been searching all over that grid, but haven't found anything yet.

EDIT: Ok, I think I finally found it. Seems like Lingor units needs to be upgraded with a flamethrower... ;)

Edited by Johan S

Since official patch 1.60 is coming in a week (and RC is out for testing) you can expect Lingor to be updated this week, too.

Great news I this week is very important mostly because of the 1.60 patch. I hope it will make a difference and make this game even more enjoyble.

Your island is absolutely stunning and I wait for the release like crazy:)

Due to recent escalations with rebels we're expecting a deployment in 1-2 weeks.

Recent island features are:

- government updated Maruko Aeropuerto Intl. to accomodate civilian traffic separately from military part

- RACS updated its FOB Eddie with new entrance and new facilities