Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Is anyone else having issues with 1.3 clashing with the PRACS. In the editor screen, when you try to select a Royal Sahrani Air Force aircraft, the listing in the editor shows it as ARL Rebel Airforce :confused: but if you select an aircraft, it still shows correctly as a PRACS jet/helo etc, removing 1.3 fixes the issue

Thanks a bunch yet again Ice! Amazing island. :)

I was wondering if "BIS Environment Effects" Module should work on Lingor? Love the subtle rolling fog it creates (sand on desert islands). However like most BIS modules it probably doesnt activate by itself but the island creator has to make it work(?).

Tested just now but didnt get the effect from it (might be a problem on my side however). Would kick extra butt with rolling fog plus "weather fog" and some clouds when sneaking through the Lingor jungles. I guess it's to much of a hassle though to get a single module to work - re-upload/download the whole island for that only. Time to revisit some old fog scripts!

Thanks again for top notch islands. :bounce3:

Is anyone else having issues with 1.3 clashing with the PRACS. In the editor screen, when you try to select a Royal Sahrani Air Force aircraft, the listing in the editor shows it as ARL Rebel Airforce :confused: but if you select an aircraft, it still shows correctly as a PRACS jet/helo etc, removing 1.3 fixes the issue

Ouch... will be fixed in new units.

Wld427/PRACS gave me his Mig-21 and it seems I forgot this in:

class PRACSAIR1

{

displayName="ARL Rebel Airforce";

};

Will fix Mig-21 config...

Alex72: it should work, its based on Chernarus config. Make sure you play around with time (early morning hours) and fog/weather setting.

weildguss: you mean without civilians? Well, I can't do that because module uses its population? But other units are a separate addon.

Lingor v1.33 is being prepared along with Lingor Units update.

There will be a Full version, too.

Changelog island:

- small bugfixes

- improved terrain graphics

- no more outside terrain

Changelog units:

- F2000 is stanag compatible (checked)

- police specops kneepads are now black

- added radios to all units

- changed icons and callsigns of all unit classes

- units now compatible with Project RACS mod (removed unused MiG-21 vehicle class)

Release: WID (when its done).

Edited by IceBreakr

- no more outside terrain

Is this completed or just planned? I would kindly request that you leave the outside terrain, as it is useful for Warfare missions. :o

Respawn locations. A player who finds where the Respawn_West and Respawn_East are can cause all kinds of havoc, by killing your player while you are waiting on the "Respawn timer".

Ideally the respawn markers are placed outside of some triggers lining the map prevent players from moving too far outside the boundaries. With that random terrain out there, this is possible on Lingor, but without that random terrain, players can interact with other players while they are respawning.

You want to change the island because you play Warfare with jerks? :)

BigMorgan: errr nope, that random terrain will be gone. Not sure even if it causes lag, but there are plently spaces where to strategically hide the FOB and deny access to enemy getting closer.

It's not a big deal... No worries. :)

But for the record I don't only play warfare with jerks, I do all the 3rd-party maps for GossamerSolid's warfare version. :o

A bigger update is coming soon with many bugfixes and also couple changes. Biggest one is the town of Calamar that will get a substantial upgrade and it now extends all the way to the airport and radar hill.

Mig-21 has tweaked controls (more realistic) and brand new recorded interior/exterior sounds. Same Mig-21 updates were done to Molatian ones on Duala, too.

Ice get in touch when you get a chance. I made a new shadow LOD for the MiGs

You want to change the island because you play Warfare with jerks? :)

It's not that everybody is a jerk, it's the fact that there's a "safe" location for the player spawns so that they don't get purposely or accidentally killed.

GossamerSolid: I still don't understand why you need extra land outside? Can u elaborate on that?

In his gungame missions, for example, the player is transported away from the map after respawn, then moved back to a random position. I assume he needs it for that.

So, he needs a small barren island a bit away from the rest, will that do?

So, he needs a small barren island a bit away from the rest, will that do?

That's no way to talk about the UK ;-)

something change ? Six Updater just added a couple more depencies for this Island MOD..eg. @ibr_plants;@MBG_Buildings2 ?

I thought these were built-in ? or are they now separate ?

something change ? Six Updater just added a couple more depencies for this Island MOD..eg. @ibr_plants;@MBG_Buildings2 ?

I thought these were built-in ? or are they now separate ?

I have seperated them (several islands use these components).

SU thread @ http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118605

Edited by Sickboy