Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Tonight 9 pm gmt+ 1 : Lingor Wasteland . you need the island + units .. Server : TGW , bring some friends if u want.

Cheers

so Im pretty sure this is done by running A2/OA as a mod in A3 ..

am I wrong, Icebreaker? or are you actually porting it over?

Well, all my islands work in A3A via mod, but usually you need to include the A2 content too - inc. Arrowhead.

There are some config issues...

Well, A3a surely divided the community, so I really don't know what to do right now, Lingor v1.5 is practically ready for release but is there anyone still playing A2? A3 as you know has very limited content (regarding units).

IB,

The content is still in A2, not A3, so there's still plenty of people playing, including me. If your Lingor is ready to go for A2, I'd suggest releasing it for us to enjoy. Then you can divert future efforts to A3 if you desire.

I'm looking forward to A3 as it matures, and I fiddle around in the game now, but until content starts to grow for the game, A2 will still be around, and with a lot of your stuff as the toys in the sandbox.

If new Lingor upgrade is ready and just waiting to rock in A2OA - release it. Or should all the time you put in be wasted just because of the A3 Alpha??

Of course we're still playing A2. Many of us have the "wait for the first patch" mindset before purchasing A3. I for one will be playing A2 for quite a while. A3 looks pretty but I need to understand the mod process to know what to do with my mods. And besides a few new maps are... a few new maps. They will get played out after a while. Hopefully they will be as interesting as your maps but only time will tell. It will probably take some time before everyone jumps on the A3 bandwagon.

Will I play A3? Eventually yes. I'm waiting for if/when A3 really takes off for the modding community. By then I'm sure many of the A2 mods will be ported over, basically making A3 into a graphics/new features upgrade. I will probably not even play through the built-in scenarios... like someone's tagline said, I do not buy the legos for the picture on the box! :D I'm sure Eggbeast will have ported enough Evo scenarios with your maps to make me stay interested :)

Personally, I'm NOT a fan of the "future warrior" stuff at all. My problem with "future warrior" projects is that the instant some gun/weapon/vehicle gets cancelled in the Real World you have an obvious anachronism in the game... Comanche Helicopters anyone? Or you have some "super weapon" ability that may be fun to play with for a while, but quickly loses its shine and ultimately defeats the Suspension of Reality when using it in-game. Just makes it no fun. I'm thinking about "ability" items like a "portable motion tracker" that shows all enemy positions on the map... was neat fun in the Aliens movie, but using it in a "reality simulation" game makes me look around for a slot to insert a quarter. Know what I mean? And besides who can say what the Future Warrior stuff will really mean in the future. OICW? Cancelled... Heat-seeking bullets? Someone is working on that, but I'll never load up a mod that converts my .50 sniper rifle into a "point that direction and shoot" rifle. Know what I mean? There's a fine line between "interesting future tech" and "arcade". Too easy to cross that line. And when a "future tech" looks, well, FUTURE, it begins to look different and different isn't always accepted by people. Case in point - that A3 rover-jeep-vehicle thing that looks like a moon buggy... to me, that looks "foreign" like it belongs in Battlefield or COD. It doesn't look like something in use by a military force. Digital camo? An interesting experiment, but the US Army has already dropped it and returned to "real" camo uniforms. And don't get me started on the bug-faced helmets... every time I see them I start yelling "we come in peace - take us to your leader" at the computer screen ;) So that's my rant about "future warrior" stuff.

You bet there are still people playing A2!

And, if previous experience is anything to go by (OFP, A1 & A2), it will be several months (year?) before the major bugs are ironed out.

Not to mention the sci-fi aspect :rolleyes:

I'll definitely quit the A2/CO ship once it's more stable and has more contemporary content.

Roger that guys. I'll try to fix more stuff and release it for A2.

I'm still playing ArmA2, and I don't see myself leaving that game anytime soon! Especially with great content that has already been released, and still to be released.

Still playing ArmA2 and plan to for at least a six months if not a year after ArmA3's full release due to the fact, I can't run it! Happy to hear you haven't jumped ship like other modders that wanna get started on ArmA3 and leaving some things unfinished or fixed.

Happy to hear you haven't jumped ship like other modders that wanna get started on ArmA3 and leaving some things unfinished or fixed.

Well the alpha is the perfect time to begin the porting process, so you can't blame us.

Until tools arrive (needed to recreate all roads - totally new type!) alpha is not perfect time ;) but all my maps already work it in, but I will remake them. And I don't allow use of any of my A2 islands in A3 anyhow. New upgraded versions will arrive just for A3.

Any chance of fixing the current updating base class errors before you abandon ship?

Updating base class HouseBase->, by ibr\ibr_airports\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ibr\ibr_hangars\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class HouseBase->, by ibr\lingor_objects\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->Ruins, by ca\structures_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins_EP1/

I've put it on my todo list, Hellfire256. Tnx.

Substantial upgrade done on the NW part of the map, a lot of desolate jungle area added. There are couple of small villages, but nothing major in that area. Area now extends well above the old government prison and all the way to the west. There is even a land now NW of FOB Eddie. Expect new intense jungle wars ;)

After the release of island and units v1.5, I'm putting together coop missions as a lot of mission makers seem to pass this island. Our team has a lot of fun, so I need to share that moments with you too, guys.

Nice sounds good IB, Thanks

Icebreaker, I may have rushed this post and keyworded this thread, but I may have missed it (sorry in advance).

I have another jungle map that still uses stock BI environment sounds. What is the easiest way to "reference" the lingor sounds pbo so it will "kick in" for a different map using lingor as a dependency (of course)?

Is it the maps config that needs to do this? Or can it be mission level scripted in a config to make such references?

Off topic:

Happy to hear you haven't jumped ship like other modders that wanna get started on ArmA3 and leaving some things unfinished or fixed.

Some for justified reasons, but there seems to be this notion at the moment that Arma3 has been released and time to request everything for it now ... last time I checked arma3 isnt out for some time :)

Exe timestamp: 2013/03/19 16:35:23
Current time: 2013/03/20 12:49:53

Version 1.62.95251
Warning Message: Preprocessor failed on file ibr\lingor_objects\config.cpp - error 7.

edit

got it working! :D

Edited by Masharra

Holy schnikes IceBreakr! That update for 1.5 made me feel all kinds of funny inside! Cannot wait to try it out!

Sneak peak. Tommorow we're testing v1.49 prior to the release of 1.50.

lingor15wip.jpg