Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Thanks, but unfortunately I got errosmessage: Sound vbl_policehorn not found, when I used policecar say "vbl_policehorn".

Can you suggest any solution to play this sound from a script?

But if you were so kind to answer me, I have an other question:

In Lingor, when I use rebel or droglord army, my bluefor squad detect the enemy first as blue and later, when they get more info, detected them as red. (In vanilla arma2 and in many mods, we detect the enemy as civilian/neutral first and later as enemy, but in your units we detect them as friendly first). Why is this happen? But not this the problem, I don't care it. But I guess it's connected to my real problem:

I made a scenario where are enemies, civilians and friendlies. I'm with my squad in the north part of lingor and once I just heard and see (subtitle) what the enemies and civvis talk about in the southern part of Lingor. (E.g.: Hello, sir. Sorry, I dont understand...). And this is very annoying. I tried to turn of this chatter with player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true]; but it didn't work, because it's not me or my team chat with the civvies, but the enemy! I never saw some similar in any other mod. Probably there is a reason for it or - I hope - there is a way to turn it off.

Anyway, your island is absolutely GREAT! I just discover it for my mission.

I want to add one comment - not to be taken as criticism but just as a comment. :)

Looking at Lingor now particularly around the area below the radar to the north - one of the things that made Lingor special in my opinion was the amount of jungle. Now it's becoming residential. I can understand why so many people want to buy land in this paradise but too much built up urban area is a threat to Lingor imho.

There comes a point when you just have to stop construction on the island or Lingor will be lost.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Why do I raise this point now? Bcoz I want to do a Behind Enemy Lines type mission where you crash land in middle of the jungle and have to find your way back out to your choice of a few friendly zones on the map by foot. But its getting hard to find remote wilderness now.

the unsung maps are best for this - like SEA. and clafghan is really barren.

do understand though - real estate is being gobbled up

we're all over dingor atm. splendid map

I was using the Lingor Scout and noticed his Norinco M14S scope accuracy is off to the left by about a meter. Is there a fix for that?

Thanks for the feedback and great mods and Happy Holidays!

Agreed about Lingor becoming built up! I had several missions that relied on the remoteness of the southwest corner of the map, and now Icebreakr went and ruined them with buildings! How dare he! ;)

But seriously though - I think the above poster has a point. I really liked the remote jungle areas of Lingor. The residential areas are awesome, but I think there's a balance to be struck. Perhaps a new landmass with a few small villages and a bunch of uninhabited areas?

I was using the Lingor Scout and noticed his Norinco M14S scope accuracy is off to the left by about a meter. Is there a fix for that?

Thanks for the feedback and great mods and Happy Holidays!

The model will need to be fixed.

Agreed about Lingor becoming built up! I had several missions that relied on the remoteness of the southwest corner of the map, and now Icebreakr went and ruined them with buildings! How dare he! ;)

But seriously though - I think the above poster has a point. I really liked the remote jungle areas of Lingor. The residential areas are awesome, but I think there's a balance to be struck. Perhaps a new landmass with a few small villages and a bunch of uninhabited areas?

The older versions are less inhabited, correct? Download the old versions :)

I for some reason have problem on Lingor Island, I play arma 2 on very high without any problems on Chernarus, Takistan or any other map but for some reason on Lingor Island textures are screwed, when ever any object, house or a vehicle the textures of it are smogged out making it look like the game is running on low but when I zoom in into it or walk close to it the textures are back to normal...

Any idea whats wrong? -.^

I can provide a picture or a vid of what I mean and it only happens to me on lingor.

I for some reason have problem on Lingor Island, I play arma 2 on very high without any problems on Chernarus, Takistan or any other map but for some reason on Lingor Island textures are screwed, when ever any object, house or a vehicle the textures of it are smogged out making it look like the game is running on low but when I zoom in into it or walk close to it the textures are back to normal...

Any idea whats wrong? -.^

I can provide a picture or a vid of what I mean and it only happens to me on lingor.

Post a picture so we can see exactly what's going on.

Offtopic: Your avatar picture looks like my roommate's cat.

Here we go, Lingor first, the spacing between me and a APC for example on lingor and utes is the same.

Lingor

arma2oa_2012_12_24_15_13_20_406.jpg

arma2oa_2012_12_24_15_13_22_221.jpg

arma2oa_2012_12_24_15_13_26_668.jpg

Utes:

arma2oa_2012_12_24_15_14_17_701.jpg

arma2oa_2012_12_24_15_14_20_596.jpg

you can see the difference, in first pic on Lingor its already smogged out and in utes its still good to see, if you want me to I can do ones from Chernarus and Takistan as well.

On Utes I did not even move but zoomed in, I had to move up closer to the APC to see the textures in Lingor

I've not seen those happen on my install. Those are video anomalies are probably due to either your installation or your video card. Possible your video drivers need updating, possible you've got a some munged textures on your hard drive. Lots of "maybe" things to check out. Frankly it is such a small issue I would just ignore it unless you want to go through the trudgery of troubleshooting it.

What are the specs of your video card, Sakowski?

It looks like your card doesn't have enough VRAM to handle the objects/textures it has to render.

It would explain why Chernarus/Takistan have no problem, but Lingor does. Lingor has much more objects than those two official maps. I have to turn my object detail down one notch when playing Lingor, myself.

What are the specs of your video card, Sakowski?

It looks like your card doesn't have enough VRAM to handle the objects/textures it has to render.

It would explain why Chernarus/Takistan have no problem, but Lingor does. Lingor has much more objects than those two official maps. I have to turn my object detail down one notch when playing Lingor, myself.

1GB GDDR5 GTX 650 Direct CU + 8GB of RAM

1GB GDDR5 GTX 650 Direct CU + 8GB of RAM

What setting are you using in options>video options>advanced>video memory? I'd suggest fiddling with that. Try High, very high or default. Try all three in fact, observe and report any differences.

What setting are you using in options>video options>advanced>video memory? I'd suggest fiddling with that. Try High, very high or default. Try all three in fact, observe and report any differences.

As I wrote I'm playing on very high on most settings beside shadows because it eats too many resources :P

As I wrote I'm playing on very high on most settings beside shadows because it eats too many resources :P

Try video memory on default. I'm not familiar with this card, but it seems, at first glance to be a bit odd. It's processor is strong, but it's memory is slow. Perhaps you are driving the card too much. Try turning other settings down a bit.

It wouldnt be a problem if its not lagging, the card is not over heating nor is the game lagging in those settings, using lower settings make the same result, or actually even uglier...

It has nothing to do with the island (10000s of people use it without similiar problem), so please move your question to the Troubleshooting topic.