Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Lingor is a fictional land that relies partially on the RL data of Colombia, Amazonas area (Brasil) and Venezuela.

I have DualCore E6750, 4GB RAM, ATI Gigabyte Radeon 4890. I use 1280x1024 res on my 19" (or 1280x720 on 42" HDTV) and with high detail I get from 25-60 fps on 2km+ distance.

Nice you have similar ballpark region of spec to me so that's good to know, thanks.

BTW, I know I PMd things not long ago, would there ever be a deeply embedded steep bank river to cross any place with running stream :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcash2009 View Post

Whats your specs Ice? And what FPS are you getting on the map post 1.55?

I have DualCore E6750, 4GB RAM, ATI Gigabyte Radeon 4890. I use 1280x1024 res on my 19" (or 1280x720 on 42" HDTV) and with high detail I get from 25-60 fps on 2km+ distance.

my specs and results:

E6600 DuoCore, 2 gig ram, ATI 4890 512mb ram, 1920x1080 32" tv screen (wicked!! :)), object detail set to high, shadow low, post process disabled.

(note: i see no difference between very high and high object detail but see a fps hit of 5 fps)

view distance - 2000+ meters

performance: min fps 33 - max 60+ fps.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

I've been looking forward to this for a long time. All your other maps are excellent. Can't hardly wait to see how great Lingor turns out. The screenshots look great so far.

I did have a couple questions about the ambiance. Will it have jungle sounds built into the map? Like when you get near the river or coastline will you hear the running water and waves. Will there be tree frogs at night and cawing birds and strange animal noises in the jungle?

Sounds as well as sight give maps a really great feel. Lots of time I tab out and run some ambient nature sounds so I can feel like I'm actually there in the forests or deserts.

Agh! I wanna play it now! *begs for a release date*

I'll keep checking the forums and Armaholic. :D

Can't wait for this, sounds epic, especially the predators, they actually fit in pretty well with the setting xD

I've been looking forward to this for a long time. All your other maps are excellent. Can't hardly wait to see how great Lingor turns out. The screenshots look great so far.

I did have a couple questions about the ambiance. Will it have jungle sounds built into the map? Like when you get near the river or coastline will you hear the running water and waves. Will there be tree frogs at night and cawing birds and strange animal noises in the jungle?

Sounds as well as sight give maps a really great feel. Lots of time I tab out and run some ambient nature sounds so I can feel like I'm actually there in the forests or deserts.

Agh! I wanna play it now! *begs for a release date*

I'll keep checking the forums and Armaholic. :D

Kinda like the MGB Nam map...but less..extreme.

wow, im really excited about this map.

Congratuations, you should be proud of yourself and enjoy the fact you will probabaly make thousands of people happy!

Lingor is a fictional land that relies partially on the RL data of Colombia, Amazonas area (Brasil) and Venezuela.

Thanks.

kage74: Yes, new ambient sounds included (kudos to Charon).

Breeze: Yes, but you need both A2+AO (not a problem for a true fan of BIS, eh?).

I've been busy with RL for the past few days :/ hopefully I'll be back on track by tommorow.

Yes, new ambient sounds included (kudos to Charon)

AWESOME!! Hopefully the community can come up with some scripts to put the predator…er…I mean "stalker's" taunt/roar into the action menu.

Imagine being out on patrol, through the humid jungles of Lingor looking for a guerrilla encampment. Hearing sporadic gunfire in the distance. Followed by that sound…then men screaming. After that silence. Nothing but the sound of your own heart beating and the surrounding jungle seemingly closing in on you.

Gawd, I can't wait!

I can has Lingors nao plox? :D

I anticipate the next update will be the trailer and then the long awaited release!! :D

Or the anti-climax:

"Sorry guys, i worked so long at this project i just couldnt look at it anymore and threw it away. So, so sorry" ;)

Nah, he is going to read a certain post (regarding Eble IIRC) and then come up with a master plan. To tell everybody his hard drive crashed and keep Lingor to himself. :D

Good things come to those who wait.

A watched pot never boils

A pestered addonmaker may go on a murderous rampage. ;)

Yeah same, I have the oooold beta Ice sent me for taking screenshots a long time ago. Changes are probably huge.

I just hope it runs well.

A pestered addonmaker may go on a murderous rampage. ;)

where the hell is my ax when i need it..........:bounce3:

I inform you that the worldwide release date for the much anticipated DLC for Arma 2: Island Lingor, has been pushed forward to this Sunday, 21st. This speed up is due to the insomnia and severe dedication to the community.

Trailer will accompany the release. I urge all beta testers of 1.0b to come up with report via PM asap, so I can eliminate all of the bugs you find.

Edited by IceBreakr

Great to see it finally coming! We can just hope that:

1. BIS will release a beta today which fixes the texture problems+flickering

2. Its not the same like with the PMC DLC :rolleyes:

I can hear it whistling.......

Then your realise that was next door and the gas was off.

Anyway, yes, cant wait, I am very interested to sample the audible delights of this island as much as everything else it will have to offer.

well ive had a look at new release and although i thought it impossible - it is in fact better then before lol.

ive looked at a few islands now and there are none better - all the experience Ice has gained along the way and this is the masterpiece imo.

while he has filled the world with incredibly well-placed infrastructure - he has also left free space in all the right places to allow the mission makers and game players to play their part in this creation.

we owe a huge debt to modders of this calibre who give thousands of hours to creating and giving such attention to detail as Ice has done here and producing what could only be described as an incredible piece of artwork. Ice's opening thread talked about his inspiration for this map - and his inspiration and skills have seen the dream become reality.

thanx Ice for giving me not only an early preview but the incredible gift of Lingor Island.

(and thanx to the other modders who supported Ice along the way - your efforts have not been in vain - Ice has done you proud).

Lighty.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

(and thanx to the other modders who supported Ice along the way - your efforts have not been in vain - Ice has done you proud).

Thanks for not forgetting everyone else behind Lingor! :)

I really think that, if all the talented modders of this community would gang up in a single project, and everyone is allowed to focus on their specialties, something truly epic will arise.

...anticpated DLC for Arma 2: Island Lingor...

:j: