Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Can barely wait! Awesome stuff, Ice. Hope the units coming along are also slated for release, or will those be arriving later? :) Either way, the island's the most important now. Very much looking forward to some jungle warfare!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Gawd, I can't even express how amazing this island is. I've been checking it out for 2 hours now and I can't get over it. The performance is great! Better than all other jungle maps so far, even Mana island. The only times I had performance issues were in some of the larger towns and of course in the main town, that's pretty rough. But to my surprise, the jungles run great. I was getting 40-70 FPS in the Jungles, lower in urban areas.

No real bugs I found, anything I found is just a personal thing and can't really be fixed right now. One thing I do want to say to you, Icebreakr, is if you do continue to make islands, could you please try to make them look more natural looking? It's especially noticeable in Lingor. There are just lots of weird pointy ridges and un-natural slopes. Its easy to look over, but it would just give the island a much more natural feel if the terrain were a bit more smooth.

It's hard to describe Lingor, it's probably the best map since ArmA 2, better than all of Ices previous maps also. It's just a great map overall and runs great in most places!

Good job and thanks ALOT Icebreakr and all other people who have helped make Lingor what it is now! :D

It's especially noticeable in Lingor. There are just lots of weird pointy ridges and un-natural slopes.

i have to disagree there - i noticed a few pointy areas here n there (very few) but to say that they are unnatural is to say that they would not be found in nature and in nature we can find every shape possible - shapes that defy what we would consider natural.

http://img.xcitefun.net/users/2009/07/96359,xcitefun-arizona-wave-rock-formation-1.jpg

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1478530495079928893oyBLnu

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightcliff/3792817851/

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1521896704080468184OxFdOw

http://www.hutter1.net/australia/olgas.htm

let's not presume to know how nature "should look"

;)

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

i tested Lingor for around 2 hours now and i have to say: Its just impressive.

i cant imagine how much work you have to put in a project like that, but im sure Icebreaker, you could demand money for that:)

the immserion on this island is just outstanding! performance is also just great!

BIS really should hire you for projects. I just discovered the Race Track and im sure this will enable a lot of multiplayer fun, just awesome!

Thanks for this great Island!!!

Can't wait to test it Ice. Unfortunately the library is closed tomorrow and I couldn't make it before they closed today, so it won't be til Sunday. :(

I really think that, if all the talented modders of this community would gang up in a single project, and everyone is allowed to focus on their specialties, something truly epic will arise.

You always were an insufferable romantic, Mr. Mondy.

Looking forward to trying out your island.

Well if other have mentioned their tests, I will too.

I have A low-Mid range machine:

Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5Ghz

ATI 4870 512Mb

4Gb Ram

I get a very respectable 15-20 FPS in heavy jungle area's & 20-30 FPS in Shrub Land and in most cities.

I have most of my graphical settings on high or very high and post pro disabled with AA set to low.

My View distance is 4000m.

The best way to gauge performance of this map is to run Duala, this performs very similar indeed, I think central cities on that map are similar to Lingor in terms of FPS.

This is one heck of a refined map, I have to agree with Enad that it is absolutely the best so far made by Ice, he could definitely get paid for his work, BIS are mad not to recruit him.

For those people testing, be aware that maps in the editor run very different than on a server.

Best way is to make a simple mission or merge a mission you have made before and save it. Then set up a dedicated server, PASSWORD IT, as this is pre-release. Then test your mission.

Although this isn't identical to how it will run on a proper server its the closest you can get.

Regards Bp

I really think that, if all the talented modders of this community would gang up in a single project, and everyone is allowed to focus on their specialties, something truly epic will arise.

A new game we can play instead of Arma :)

So if Ice is in Slovenia, does that mean Americans will get the release late saturday night or early sunday?

A new game we can play instead of Arma :)

Omg I never thought of that yeah hahaha

@Raserisk depends on were you live in the U.S time zones and also what time Ice makes his release. So really I'm not sure that could be answered yet.

Slovenia is GMT+1 at the moment, so you can work your time difference out from that.

Already stocking up on units and camo to match the island *Rubs Hands*

Units and camo how you mean? Like Unsung mod :p Works so well with Lingor

So if Ice is in Slovenia, does that mean Americans will get the release late saturday night or early sunday?

It's late Saturday there now I think (Probably wrong), so maybe it'll come out later tonight for the America's.

Now I just need those units!! I got my missions all ready, I just need the units for Lingor! Release naow!! :D

Keep your pants on. I'm trying to set up a website, but I have bunch of RL stuff to do around at the same time. :) we're looking at around 11 hours still to go... give or take :)