Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Hi,

THX alot for your comments :)

The demonstration and the readme can be found in the folders "ENG" and "GER".

I strongly recommend to watching the demo, if you have no experience with an older version of DAC.

Copy all the mission folders of "\ ENG \ 33_part_demo \ ..." in your mission folder (where your editor missions are saved).

(German users copy all the mission folders of "\ GER \ 33_teilige_demo \ ...")

Install the DAC_Source.pbo, DAC_Sounds.pbo and MAP_EU.pbo (needed for the demo)

Start the mission editor with utes and open the demo missions available there in order.

The next step would be to read the readme :p

Greeting

Silola

Haha, what about reading the readme files?

That'd be too easy.

Thank you Silola for this awsome piece of work. We have been looking forward to that a long time. :)

Haha, what about reading the readme files?

ok ok, Sorry I have never used an addon or a mod so Im not that familiar with them. I looked at the readme file and thought I had done what it said but I must have done something wrong !

Ahh just found out what I was doing wrong, I had the game running while I was installing, I closed the game and then restarted all ok now thanks

Edited by LockJaw-65-

ok ok, Sorry I have never used an addon or a mod so Im not that familiar with them. I looked at the readme file and thought I had done what it said but I must have done something wrong !

Okay, sorry then. Good to read it's working finally. :)

AWESOME!! Ive been waiting for this since A2 was released, My GF is gonna be pissed lol!

Yea this is a pretty rough crowd here, especially if they think a question has been asked before.

So let me see if I can help you:

1. Copy the @dac folder into your arma2 root folder.

2. Copy the two keys out of the key folder and put them in the key folder in the arma2 root folder.

3. Copy all folders in the 33_part_demo folder into your user created missions folder i.e. c:blah blah blah>my documents>ArmA 2 Other Profiles>your username> missions.

4. Copy the MAP_EU.pbo and MAP_EU.pbo.MAP.bisign into your addons folder in the arma2 root folder

5. Don't worry about the DAC folder at this time.

6. right click on your desktop shortcut for arma2 and put this " -mod=@DAC" at the end of the target line so it looks like this: "G:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@DAC

7. start up arma 2 goto editor, load UTES, then load a mission and you'll see all the tutorials there(hopefully).

Of course there maybe another way to do this, however this was the easiest way for me to explain it.

Good Luck.

EDIT: by the time I got this typed you fixed it. Good. Maybe someone else can benefit from it.

thx for explaining in detail mrbinkels :)

I also recommend the more experienced users --> look at the demo,

as there are some changes and new features.

Greeting

Silola

Many thanks, Markwick, that's a really useful explanation.

Really looking forward to trying this when I get a couple of hours spare.

brilliant stuff, you are our hero. looks really polished, especially with the readme and demos.

Edited by Fox '09

THX again and thanks to DMarkwick for the support in terms of DAC-beginners (really good idea my friend) :)

bye

Congratulations to the release Silola & Co!

/KC

Fantastic job Silola. Question cause Im not clear. In the old DAC we did not need to have PBO's loaded. Is this going to be a requirement for 3.0? Even with the Config file in your mission folder we still need the pbo's?

Fantastic job Silola. Question cause Im not clear. In the old DAC we did not need to have PBO's loaded. Is this going to be a requirement for 3.0? Even with the Config file in your mission folder we still need the pbo's?

Yes it is...

Thats one of the basic changings in DAC3. The pbo (DAC_source) is providing 2 ways to get the DAC startet. The easy way and the expert way (the pbo is containing, besides other important content, the cores for both possibilities).

The easy way means that you just have to select the DAC_intern Logic on the map. Define your zones, paste the script call in the OnActivation line, make your presets and you are ready to go. That enables one not to carry all the configs which are eventually not needed, related to the mision.

The expert way is the DAC_extern Logic which is providing the possibility to adjust nearly everythings you want to customize, as there are the units, unit types, sounds, scripts, objects and and and. This is similar to the use of DAC2. And thats why you need the DAC folder in your mission directory.

Congrats to the release Silola, you made an awesome job again.

1.Although the question has been kind of handled above.

Is there any workaround for not using DAC as modfolder and so in classic style inside my mission folder.

I guess it needs a substitute way for the defined logic, as all scripts could be extracted as they are in their structure into the misison folder.

2.I can remember n DAC1 - as i missed ArmA1 almost completely - we had certain priority problems awhile initialisation of

DAC and the init. file.

What should be executed via the DAC_config_creator.sqf and what should keep in the init file?

I suppose the init. file keeps being primary in initialisation.

But in earlier times we had some conflicts, when i remember right.

So a words on that either would be nice.

3.Months ago we had Mapfact Forums for support.

If all questions regarding DAC will be posted here, the thread will become as messie as the ACE thread.

So any plans of a own DAC Support (sub)forum (this is no offense vs BI forums of course).

Edited by Nephris1

Tremendous congratulation Silola on unleashing the DAC monster yet again! Many thanks for all your hard work and dedication, my friend. You never cease to amaze. :)

Now with the dawn of 3.0... let the good times roll! All of us may now buckle down, and brace for the impending explosion of new DAC missions!

Although the question has been kind of handled above.

Is there any workaround for not using DAC as modfolder and so in classic style inside my mission folder.

To directly answer...no. You need the pbos as additional modification. The question is where you store the pbos. So that means that theoretically you can paste both pbos in your ArmA2/Addons folder, which might be possible but not recommended.

I guess it needs a substitute way for the defined logic, as all scripts could be extracted as they are in their structure into the misison folder.

Dont know this, might be possible but I wouldn´t do this. The reason is quite simple. I would have tons of stuff which might not been needed but present in my misions folder...and enlarging the filesize of my mission unnecessarily.

Edited by MemphisBelle

the bigger question is though is all servers wanting to run dac missions will need the pbo's too.

Thank you silola, this is outstanding news for every mission maker :)

the bigger question is though is all servers wanting to run dac missions will need the pbo's too.

The reason for me initial post.

To directly answer...no. You need the pbos as additional modification. The question is where you store the pbos. So that means that theoretically you can paste both pbos in your ArmA2/Addons folder, which might be possible but not recommended.

Of course i wont rape for any sake me virgin stock addon folder.

My question pointed to eaxtract the pbos content and run it as "classic DAC way", but as DAC needs the logic, i am interested in a workaround, i am sure Silola can post a clear answer though.

Besides the complex script framework of DAC io really love the DAC_config_Events.sqf and the new ways of freedom got offered by DAC to implement on each event a own script, which opens complete new possibilities like EH ,fct.... on each wp etc pp.

Great feature.

Edited by Nephris1