Sign in to follow this  
Laqueesha

Call of Duty 7: Black Ops Trailer...

I know the Cod never like real life things etc , but i dont understand why they using the same model from MW2 Troy Battle sight on M4 and Famas instead of original iron sights

/ in cold war era there was no troy battle company/ and they placed it backwards - LOL

q1hkfxn0.jpg

Edited by RobertHammer

Meh, I rarely look for anything "accurate" or "realistic" when playing games other than Arma 2. Still, quite a funny mistake, one that only a true gun enthusiast would probably pick up on. :p

My copy of Black Ops unlocks in exactly 2 hours. Love how not only Activision seem to hate PC gamers by delaying its release on Steam long after its release on consoles, but they also hate PC gamers living in the Middle East by making it delayed even later. It'll be 6PM my time when it unlocks. :butbut:

I just got BlackOps and installing it now. I will post some feedback later.

Well, it's completely unplayable performance-wise at the moment. Stuttering like crazy and nothing seems to fix it. Apparently it's a very common problem amongst most of the PC users talking about it on their forums, and is specific to only the PC versions. Thanks, Treyarch/Activision, for showing how you really "care" about your PC users.

Just gotta wait for a patch I guess...

Well, the MP lag on Black Ops is very much expected from day 1 of announcing the game.

So far, it looks, decent. I've not actually manged to play myself yet. And im not buying the game just to see if its worth playing. :rolleyes:

Well, the MP lag on Black Ops is very much expected from day 1 of announcing the game.

So far, it looks, decent. I've not actually manged to play myself yet. And im not buying the game just to see if its worth playing. :rolleyes:

It's not internet-related lag, it's performance lag, and it's wide-spread. However, the Treyarch master server is down at the moment, so perhaps they're making some fixes on that front, or the massive influx of players killed it.

@Zipper5

It would be funny to hear they aren't even bothering with a PC version now

There will be a PC version :P

Edited by Mac_Spliff=ISK=
add

So SP seems great. MP... OMFG. As zipper said its not playable right now. On server is says I have ping of ~50 but it feels like 500. Terrible lag.

Then I went playing against AI which is kind of fun, but they could be more human like. Once they lock you its pretty much over. They dont seem to have any recoil or sway.

For now... I dunno what to say, I feel like I wasted money on this. We'll see if they fix anything.

Atleast lean is back.

lol, 60 quid for Mw2 with lean? No thanks xD

So far I have decided to pass on this. My last FPS purchase was Battlefield BC:2 and I got bored with that in a week. I see the same trend with any game lately, except of course for Arma.

Still interested to see what you all think about the new game though.

two mates given the same review on ps3

another MW mod by treyrech

stores here opened at 12 for people to buy it, and had parties.....so stupid...

makes me love BIS more :)

been playing it all afternoon with my mate on his xbox360. Its a decent enough game, the (internet) lag is a bit annoying but then I never really like CoD MP (well 2 is good... maybe 4). Nazi Zombies is always pretty funny though.

Can't make out what the heck is going on in the campaign though, I really had no idea what I was doing and why lol. A very early mission you go to destroy a rocket for some reason... I dunno why. I'd like to think that it was a space nuke designed to blow up the moon which was the USA's only supply of cheddar cheese (because the moon IS made of cheese!). It might as well have been, I didn't know any better...

Still, Personally wouldn't buy it full price, although I dont know if it will ever be cheap, MW2 was still £40 on Xbox360 when I last looked in GAME...

On a sales figure note, I have to say it is truly remarkable the amount of copies being shifted. With 4,500,000 pre-orders and 1,000,000 people playing on Xbox live by 10am GMT it wouldnt suprise me if it comes close, or out-does MW2

EDIT: LOL at Jimmy Kimmel in the "Soldier in all of us" advert!

Edited by STALKERGB

i have one word to describe this, and anyone who wishes to purchase this.

hype.

that is all.

"Gentleman, lock and load."

Since when did Activision games become funny...*shifty eyes*

A gentleman never locks his load and tells about it.

They are really hyping it, here in germany you have a advertisement on every big TV Station in the evening

Lets see how long publishers and developers will and can focus only on "blockbusters" instead of developing or creating something new and unique.

Curiosity got the better of me... so I rented it from Blockbuster for the XBOX360.

Initial reaction was to turn it off.

But I forced myself to play... I played the campaign for maybe half an hour (after watching 20 minutes of video, how I hate that trend). I couldn't stand the campaign any longer so I played MP. I played DM a few matches but tried to play Renegade mode, but couldn't actually get anywhere (got into many lobbies, but never got a game started). Even considering how much I hate playing with a controller, the MP wasn't that bad. I played a MP Zombie round and that was the best part of the game I thought. I still want to try Renegade though, hopefully I get in some games today.

I do like the kill cams. I also like the various worldwide MP stats scrolling across the bottom of the screen.

I don't like leveling. I did enough of that when I used to play MMORPGs. When I was younger the dangling carrot was a reason to keep playing, now I just want to shoot the fucking carrot and move on.

While I wouldn't recommend it to a friend, I will get my $7.00 out of it I spent on renting it, and definitely will be bored of it by the time it's due back Saturday. I will not be buying it.

I love you a little more everyday BIS. :inlove:

Ugh,

The story is actually more implausible than MW2 (I know, I didn't think that was possible either).

These guys are masters of marketing and you can see why they need to charge $60.00. They've got Gary Oldman, Ed Harris etc doing voice work and Jimmy Kimmel in their ads.

The problem is that the game itself is boring, repetitive and lacks any real depth.

Alot of people bang on about how it is so much better than MoH but that's plain BS in my mind. MoH could have been a real contender with a little more polish and a longer campaign. The actual gunplay and mechanics of MoH are solid.

CoD:BO has no mechanics, just stupidly scripted scene after scene where when x civilian dies, you lose etc.

Treyarch really need to research guns and what they sound like (specifically how loud they are). This was a major problem with WaW as well and they haven't learned since that game despite the fact that it was one of the biggest criticisms of WaW when it was released. The gun sounds are weak and tinny, they have no punch.

The sound is terribly mixed in general and this is another place I thought MoH was a far superior game. The sound was really spot on.

Anyway, I digress. I'm sure some of you love it but with all the hype leading up to it, I am not particularly impressed with the final product.

Time to load up MW1 again, that was easily the best CoD game of the last 3.

Edited by BangTail

CoD games are built on hype now. Yeah, its the 60 for the voice acting, the publicity and the "wow wow" trailers and special edition boxing of the game. Including the how much it takes to run spoof websites promoting the game (see, gknova6) and countless other stupid unneeded hype mechanics to get people to buy it.

just finished it. My hat goes off to the makers. In my opinion its a peice of art. Fun, fast, exciting, beautiful, awesome story, thought trough, not simulation, disturbing at times, a game. No nonsense, go out and buy it.

We just upgraded from COD4 to this! not bothering with the campaign as we just lan it at work... anyway it brought my system to its knees, but looks like it'll be another great title if they can optimize it more and the boss upgrades all our cards!!

Also it felt like it had elements of UT in it (MP), not sure havent played enough