Sign in to follow this  
Laqueesha

Call of Duty 7: Black Ops Trailer...

Lol, I'm hardly advertising, just contributing to the discussion. ;)

I highly regret buying BlOps now, considering Treyarch and/or Activision care even less about the PC community. Even after going from 3.00GHz to 3.60GHz in a CPU overclock, gaining ~20 FPS in Arma 2, the game still runs terribly. Last time I ever buy a COD game before researching the reactions to it.

Wow I need to get my lazy ass to research overclocking and make necessary changes to my PC to do it.

I got a new(er) AMD Phenom 9750 quad core @2.4ghz now If I wanted to ask my parents to invest a lump of cash for a nice..... 5870 I most likely would be bottlenecking it right? 20fps gain would be incredible, as of now the only way I could get 20fps constant is if the game was blurry as heck with hardly no graphical detail thanks to my 9800gtx.

*On Topic*

Zipper adopt the don't buy ANY game on release and actually now im modifying my rule to don't buy the game till about a month later when you know about its weaknesses, the amount of bugs it has and if it looks like the developer is willing to support the game with patches.

Yes this means even when Arma 2 expansions or when Arma 3 comes out I will wait off alittle bit unlike with OA and Arma 2.

While I wait I will have to find something else entertaining like slamming my head into concrete. :D

I'll happily even pre-order BIS' products because I know they will always dedicate themselves to fixing them if they have issues. They've always been that way, therefore they have my trust. But you're right, I should really adopt my COD policy with almost all games nowadays... Which actually saddens me. :(

Not necessarily all games, the ones you should be most concerned with for that rule are console port to PC, because the port will most likely be the exact time thing and if it's on consoles..and is especially a shooter class...well..tick the yellow warning light and lok around, watch some videos and if you have a friend with the game, ask to try it out then go from there.

Edited by NodUnit

Not necessarily all games, the ones you should be most concerned with for that rule are console port to PC, because the port will most likely be the exact time thing and if it's on consoles..and is especially a shooter class...well..tick the yellow warning light and lok around, watch some videos and if you have a friend with the game, ask to try it out then go from there.

Virtually all mainstream games are designed and developed for consoles these days, so that leaves very little choices for the gamer that doesn't want to keep rewarding publishers for games that are either badly ported, or just featureless (bland) to begin with. The accessibility (casual nature) of consoles has meant that every major publisher has moved away from PC development, and only provides ports of it's titles (merely to maintain a small additional source of income by selling unoptimized ports as can be seen in games like CoD and DR). They go where ever the money goes. Because of that shift, most games designed primarily for PC today are simulations, and other niche games, because they won't adapt as easily to consoles as mainstream games did.

Black ops ran terrible at first but the patch fixed it for me. Played through Black Ops and Medal of Honor back to back and ignoring multiplayer...

I enjoyed the story of Black Ops and it was a good length game but the gameplay was pretty bad. It just felt like it wasn't tweaked enough. There was some great variation in environments and great cinematic moments but the gameplay let it down. One mention on multiplayer, getting lag in zombie coop with someone in the same room due to not having a LAN option is horrible.

Medal of honour was completely lacking in story and was very short but the gameplay was great. The feel of the weapons coupled with the brilliant sound engine felt great (Bad Company 2 sound engine), pity it was short and the multiplayer played completely different.

Last time I ever buy a COD game before researching the reactions to it.

GJrAC.jpg

Come on, you don't believe that yourself. 3 weeks before Modern Warfare 3 (or whatever the next ripoff will be called) you'll have it preordered on Steam.

you mad bro?

vgEnW.jpg

Edited by Cole

Black ops ran terrible at first but the patch fixed it for me. Played through Black Ops and Medal of Honor back to back and ignoring multiplayer...

I enjoyed the story of Black Ops and it was a good length game but the gameplay was pretty bad. It just felt like it wasn't tweaked enough. There was some great variation in environments and great cinematic moments but the gameplay let it down. One mention on multiplayer, getting lag in zombie coop with someone in the same room due to not having a LAN option is horrible.

Medal of honour was completely lacking in story and was very short but the gameplay was great. The feel of the weapons coupled with the brilliant sound engine felt great (Bad Company 2 sound engine), pity it was short and the multiplayer played completely different.

Seeing MOH's gameplay through videos ( I don't buy games for consoles much anymore) it does have a story but not to the extent of recent COD's, its more simple and far smaller but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Yuck Black Ops is disgusting I take back my words on my last few posts.

Fuck this game I aint buying it, graphics took steps backwards somehow and all the maps suck.

Also did you know this fact

Knife is GREATER THAN A SHOTGUN at point blank!

RAGE! :mad:

FUFUFFUFUFUFUFUFU Treyarch

Lol COD shooters are shootin themselves in the foot lately, far too much mainstream, same stuff over&over again.

Seen that video proofing your friendly bots are doing all the work if you dont shoot? Someone got through the Cuba map on medium difficulty without firing a shot, just watching bots fight each other. The player is only needed to trigger events via entering certain zones.

Mainstream will eat itself one day.

Why do things like this in mainstream shooters surprise anyone anymore? Melee weapons are insta-kill weapons in all games like this. It's done that way for gameplay reasons; realism isn't really taken into account.

1285814193827.th.gif

BANZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!

Call of Duty is a fun jump-in-and-play game.

Get a grip or, better yet, don't buy it.

Shame I can't jump in and play on the PC version of BlOps. It still doesn't work properly, and when was the game released again? $60 completely down the toilet, so I wouldn't worry, I certainly won't be buying another COD title. Hell, why stop there? I won't be buying anymore Activision products.

The biggest problem with COD is its influence on the gaming industry. It's not a good influence to say the least. I have no problem with having a selection of fun jump in and play games, but I have a problem when all games go that way because they sell the most. I presume you've seen the video where a guy goes through the entire first level of BlOps without doing anything other than activating the triggers? I find all FPS games are like that now. It's not just a coincidence.

Shame I can't jump in and play on the PC version of BlOps. It still doesn't work properly, and when was the game released again? $60 completely down the toilet, so I wouldn't worry, I certainly won't be buying another COD title. Hell, why stop there? I won't be buying anymore Activision products.

The biggest problem with COD is its influence on the gaming industry. It's not a good influence to say the least. I have no problem with having a selection of fun jump in and play games, but I have a problem when all games go that way because they sell the most. I presume you've seen the video where a guy goes through the entire first level of BlOps without doing anything other than activating the triggers? I find all FPS games are like that now. It's not just a coincidence.

Although it runs quite good on my side I kind of agree with you. However, Im not sure its entirely CoDs fault that all other games are CoD try hards. Sure it sells most but other game companies could still develop something new, inovative instead of coming out like some cheap, fake ass CoD.

There is new DLC, called First Strike. It just came out for xbox. Its coming to PC later on, like in MW2.

Here are some official trailers for it, if anyone is interested:

Personally, I dont think Ill be buying these maps.

Heh, I'm not throwing cash at Activision nor Treyarch until they start caring about their PC community.

Why do things like this in mainstream shooters surprise anyone anymore? Melee weapons are insta-kill weapons in all games like this. It's done that way for gameplay reasons; realism isn't really taken into account.

indeed, by far the knife is one of the most overused, over effective weapons in ever in COD. wich in reality is a weapon very rarely used in combat and is more of a tool than a weapon. not to mention i dont think i know any solider who can unsheath, slice and re-sheath there knife in about 1 second. it should be more like the knife in killzone. takes about a second just to take out then its equiped as a weapon untill you put it away. wich also takes about a second.

“More and more gamers seem to forget what this industry is all about,†he adds, saying “It’s a creative industry – the most creative form of entertainment in existence. Too many developers who try new things are getting burned by “pundits†and angry entitled fans who look to be contrarian, sometimes simply for the sake of being contrarian. The only thing this attitude aims to achieve is stunt that creativity and innovation even further, which is something that no rational gamer looking to be entertained would want to do.â€

And sometimes game companies release derivative games for the sole purpose of sucking the money out of the pockets of teenagers. The only thing this attitude serves to achieve is stunt the enthusiasm of fans even further, which is something no rational game company looking for a positive relationship with its fans would do.

The only thing this attitude serves to achieve is stunt the enthusiasm of fans even further, which is something no rational game company looking for a positive relationship with its fans would do.

Positive... Profitable... I guess Activsion/Treyarch mixed the two up for this interview. Hey, they both start with a P...

Too many developers who try new things are getting burned by “pundits†and angry entitled fans who look to be contrarian, sometimes simply for the sake of being contrarian.

Clone of Duplicates devs talking about being original, lol.

Well knowing the relationship of blizzard and activision (actiblizz isnt it?) and blizzards insane craze for sucking $15 a month out of millions no wonder they they got them confused.

NOTE:$15 refering to WoW's monthly subscription fee.