Sign in to follow this  
Laqueesha

Call of Duty 7: Black Ops Trailer...

Reference Link

Call of Duty: Black Ops is undergoing a number of heavy edits when it releases in Germany. Among the cuts is a soundtrack omission, with Rolling Stones' Sympathy for the Devil getting snipped because it's 100% about World War II, and Heaven forbid Germany ever get reminded of its own history.

As always with Germany, a bunch of violent and gory content has also been cut, reminding us that, as much as Germany tries to never acknowledge its past, it's still incredibly keen on acting like a fascist state. Here's a full list of edits:

* A slow motion shooting scene involving lots of blood has been "toned down."

* A prisoner torture scene has been removed.

* Sympathy for the Devil cut out.

* Removal of anything deemed by officials to be "anti-constitutional symbols" (we're guessing Nazi stuff)

These edits only affect the German version, so I highly recommend importing or piracy for those gamers who don't like to pay inflated European prices for a clearly inferior product. As for Germany, its oversensitivity to violence and its refusal to ever dare recognize that Nazis existed now borders on the point of self parody.

Germany ought to grow up.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Censorship Details Revealed [CODFeeD]

[update: I appear to have offended a number of German readers with a few of the comments made in my post, so I've taken it upon myself to address them:

For a start, when I talk about Germany as a censoring entity, I am not of course talking about every German person, so when I say "Germany ought to grow up" I'm not talking about you, the German gamer. In fact, the rest of the article should communicate that I am on your side here.

Secondly, I acknowledge that I was off-base with the "not recognizing its own history" thing. Obviously, when you see government regulations that bar the use of Nazi insignia in games or mentions of World War II in soundtracks, it smacks of denial. I still maintain it's incredibly stupid, but to say Germany refuses to acknowledge its own history when there are plenty of memorials about WWII in the country, wasn't correct.

I do not regret saying Germany, as a nanny state, needs to grow up, along with Australia. The censorship of violence and sex is intrinsically immature and childish, moreso than the content itself. Germany does need to grow up, so Germans can enjoy the same content that other gamers enjoy. I am not saying all Germans are childish. I am saying the rules currently in place are.

If this offends any Germans here then that's on you, but those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it.

I can understand that the time period of 1934-1945 is a time period you much rather move on from, but censoring video games because of reference's to the horrors committed by German during WW2 is taking is about 10 steps too far and it only keeps reminding people of what the Germans did during WW2. I understand that not all Germans feel this way and a few may even agree with me and if that's so then maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I do not hold the sons responsible for the sins of the father, but it's stupid crap like this is why people can't get past what happened nearly 70 years ago and what's in the past needs to stay in the past but at the same time still needs to be remember so it won't happen again.

I know the article contains other stuff than just that but I wanted to use this article to show how much PC (Political Correctness) and stupid laws that some countries have are destroying this world.

In ending this rant I want to say that I do not intend this to be a slug fest or come off as anti-German; I love Germans I even have some German ancestors. What I intended to do here is bring awareness to the fact that no country should hide from their past, our history is what makes us who we are and how we learn from our mistakes is how we make sure they ever happen again. I hope people see this for what it is and not breeze through it and think I'm bashing all Germans, but as I said in the beginning if you're offended then that's on you, not me.

Edited by Big Mac

I got to say, CoD4 MP was better. This thing just keeps getting annoying. It's great to have so much to customize and all that, but why, oh, why did they have to add a payment system? It begs to be exploited; and exploited it is. I have yet to see a server that doesn't contain a cheater in Black Ops. Just today I saw someone already in Prestige mode. It's been out for 2 days! So unless VAC & Treyarch doesn't shape up and do something about this, I probably won't play MP much longer.

On a positive side note: I did like the singleplayer and I'm looking forward to play the zombie mode with some friends. Also, the arcade game was brilliant. ^^

I got to say, CoD4 MP was better. This thing just keeps getting annoying. It's great to have so much to customize and all that, but why, oh, why did they have to add a payment system? It begs to be exploited; and exploited it is. I have yet to see a server that doesn't contain a cheater in Black Ops. Just today I saw someone already in Prestige mode. It's been out for 2 days! So unless VAC & Treyarch doesn't shape up and do something about this, I probably won't play MP much longer.

On a positive side note: I did like the singleplayer and I'm looking forward to play the zombie mode with some friends. Also, the arcade game was brilliant. ^^

I personally never was much for the COD MP scene because I'm a diehard coop player, but I agree with you that the whole CP thing does scream exploitation, especially when you can put your CP points on the betting table with a hacker and lose your hard earned CP points.

I watched a couple walkthrough videos and the campaign does look awesome. I happy to see Raznov making a comeback; he IMO made COD WaW a game worth playing.

The whole CP idea, Whilst it screams to be exploited. I think is a good way of getting some nice fun healthy competition among friends. Thats if, they've added some kind of potting system. Where you and a few friends can bet against each other on who's gonna win that match. If they've not done that, theres really no point in having it.

MW1 in a new package, with just the same bad gameplay and a just as stupid story. Yay. Save your money, folks.

MW1 in a new package, with just the same bad gameplay and a just as stupid story. Yay. Save your money, folks.

This, and more.

Just got off playing black ops on PS3. Wow, Looking past the lag. Whilst it has some nice bits. Its nowhere near what its worth.

On the contrary, now that a patch has fixed all of my performance woes, I've been playing this pretty much all day today. I've gone through the campaign, played a round of zombies on my own, and been blasting away at multiplayer, and am loving all of it a hell of a lot more than I did MW2. I can see myself playing this for a long time to come.

On the PS3 we have here, its still very laggy. Though, It was hours and hours ago I last played. It might just be high traffic over our homes router at the moment.

Its definantly better than Mw2, but until the lag has settled and i've actually played a decent ammount and tried the SP/Zombies. I'm still not gonna give it high. But, with you going "its decent" thats good enough for me to go try it again. :D

You do realize that unless you're talking about your framerate being low (which I know it isn't as I too have played it on a PS3. My brother's PS3 in fact), when you say "lag", the lag you're experiencing is dependent on the client's connection to the host? I.E. it's dependent on the quality of your own internet, or the internet of the host. There isn't much the game can do to help that. Move your PS3 closer to your router and/or leave when a bad host is assigned to you. The lag issues the PC version had were mostly framerate based.

I find it funny how even players on the PC version I'm running into so far don't even know that distinction...

Edited by Zipper5

I will say low FPS or lag. Lag has always been things like rubberbanding caused by bad connection and low fps is just bad PC. Thats how i've always seen it. I know "lag" is basicly drop in FPS.

Yes, its the connection. Hence why I was talking about the router. ;)

I actually have to correct my statement. Even though the gameplay is still as terrible as in the two prequels this game actually turned out having a quite nice story. Wrapped up nicely in the end.

I find it funny how even players on the PC version I'm running into so far don't even know that distinction...

the avg gamer isnt so computer smart these days. Im sure everyones noticed a downward trend in IQ over the last few years.

the avg gamer isnt so computer smart these days. Im sure everyones noticed a downward trend in IQ over the last few years.

It would be more difficult to spot the sun in the sky on a clear day :D

i can't, get, the numbers, out, of my fucking, head!
There's a pill for that; it's called Haldol. For everything else there's Alstate.

I'm loving the game, SP was amazing and MP is great fun, much much better than MW2, which was just horrible.

MP is fun when it's not taking up 100% of your CPU and using 1,000,000, apparently, of your memory according to Task Manager. It's gotten to a point where some peoples' CPUs are actually failing, just like that last patch for DR. Yet, it runs flawlessly on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3...

And there's been zero news from Treyarch or Activision as to their progress towards fixing it. Last time I buy a game from either company pre-release, let alone this soon after the release, on PC. Even ArmA was released in a more playable state than this. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Looks like a decent game....... But I shall wait a few months before buying it for PC. I mean, if it kills peoples quad core CPU's, imagine what ti would do to mine :eek:

I'm happy having a go at it on PS3. But, I am pleasently surprised with how its turned out. :)

Yeah, Looks like a decent game....... But I shall wait a few months before buying it for PC. I mean, if it kills peoples quad core CPU's, imagine what ti would do to mine :eek:

That's just because the game is a fucking console-port, because the graphics engine is still based on Quake 3 :p

That's just because the game is a fucking console-port, because the graphics engine is still based on Quake 3 :p

True - i dont like that engine no more

actually the game is a pc-port. And why complain about an old engine thats getting improved? You're playing ArmA 2 on an engine that started development in 1999.

actually the game is a pc-port. And why complain about an old engine thats getting improved? You're playing ArmA 2 on an engine that started development in 1999.

lolol Arma2 looks nicer :D

I liked Quake 3....:mad: